I currently have a Z10 and provided that I cannot fix the screen, I will hopefully be upgrading to the Z30, but I am interested in getting a Smart Watch to pair with my BB. Anyone know the best watch with the most functional features I should look into?
    02-25-15 03:51 PM
    What is wrong with the screen? You can buy a new screen on ebay for $15 simple to replace

Posted via CB10
    jason18 likes this.
    02-25-15 03:54 PM
    Although I have nothing to back this up, I've read on other threads that the pebble is the closest to being functional with BlackBerry.

Can't be specific but also remember thinking it's not enough for me to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    jason18 likes this.
    02-25-15 03:55 PM
    What is wrong with the screen? You can buy a new screen on ebay for $15 simple to replace

Posted via CB10
    I actually have purchased the housing, lcd, and digitizer online and plan on replacing it myself. I have helped with a friend's iPhone before and have YouTube, so I plan not to mess this up. In case I do, I'm going to use my upgrade to either replace my Z10, or get the Z30. I don't need a Smart Watch by any means, but I like to get caught up in the technology
    02-25-15 04:00 PM

Can't be specific but also remember thinking it's not enough for me to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    Based on what I have researched, I agree. I remember back in '10 Kevin looked at the BlackBerry InPulse Smart Watch(?). If I look into buying one, I just want to make sure I can use it to reply to messages, or answer calls. If that's not feasible or easy, I definitely don't need one.
    02-25-15 04:03 PM
    I'm going to hold out for BlackBerry to come out with one... should be released right before their next tablet though

There was a cool QNX watch with a kick starter, but the uses there too were minimal. More of a notice to check your phone than an actual sharing of roles.

I still think BlackBerry should come out with a BlackBerry Assistant that's on all the time and answers only to the name you give it. Eg: no need to pick up your phone, you could simply talk to it.

If they were to do that, then they could repeat that technology with a watch and get full functionality from the wrist device. It would always be listening and use your phone as the brains over secure Bluetooth.

An example of a command would be "Gale, send Gwyneth a BBM that says are we still on for dinner?" or "Gale, read last email from Frank "

No need to long press buttons, it just is always listening.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:42 PM