Hey!

Currently I download torrents via BitTorque (got in early with this app, I don't think it's avail anymore) and stream vids to my TV via hdmi cable. Pretty quick and easy process, however it would be nice to stream wirelessly so that I could still use my phone while streaming.

Obviously and unfortunately the zed isn't getting Miracast, which I've heard is pretty crap anyway, but I have yet to use DLNA. I remember from the initial bb10 ads (year+ ago) it showed someone flicking the screen to stream content to a TV. Not sure if this was BS advertising of a feature we still don't have, OR if this was possible from the get-go via DLNA.

FYI I have a ps3 which I believe supports DLNA.

Does anyone here currently use DLNA with the z10 to stream media to their tv? What DLNA device do you use and what's your experience like? Is there a DLNA dongle for a USB or HDMI slot on my tv that works well?

I'm looking for a wireless and reliable streaming solution as painless and simple as connecting via hdmi cable, but of course without the wire

Thanks for your feedback!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 12:24 PM
    ...and I have a 55" Samsung tv about 2yrs old. Don't have the wifi dongle but would consider getting it ($50ish) if it was the best solution to stream vs ps3 or any other DLNA device.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 12:39 PM
    I use the WDTV. It's a media centre kinda like Apple TV but made by Western Digital.

The trick with DLNA is to make sure your phone and your media device are both connected to the same wifi network.

When I play a video on my Z10, as soon as it starts to play, I tap on the 3dots menu, select "PlayOn", then a list of compatible devices is displayed. Pick the one you want to play your video on, then within a few seconds, it just starts to play. Works beautifully for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 12:45 PM
    Hi,

I use my Raspberry Pi as a DLNA Client sometimes and look movies or pictures on my TV. It is an older TV without WIFI. If your TV has WIFI and is DLNA ready go for it. It is easy to stream your Media from the Z10. :-) Every DLNA Client is possible. Just try it.

You need to turn on sharing under Settings ---> Media Sharing

Greets Chris

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 12:46 PM
    I use DLNA all the time to stream to my Samsung TV which is connected to my home network via Ethernet and also to an older TV via my PS3. Just make sure that your Z is connected to your home wifi , that you have media sharing enabled (Settings-> Media Sharing-> enable Share Videos) and also in the media sharing settings, at the bottom of screen , click on devices and make sure the check box next to the listed device is enabled. Enjoy!!
    01-21-14 12:55 PM
    Thanks for all the responses...

I dug up an old Asus O!Play Air HDP R-3, connected everything and enabled everything, but when I click Play On in a BlackBerry Media Player video it doesn't show the Asus.

Also ever since the stupid AC3 issue I don't even use the BlackBerry Media Player. Now I've been using KalemSoft Media Player and it plays everything I throw at it and supports subs. Much better.

Any idea how to stream via DLNA using my Asus and KalemSoft player?? Not sure if there's anything I'm missing - screen shots below, the IP of the Asus is the one I have checked.

Thanks!!

Best Method of Streaming Media from Z10 to TV via DLNA??-img_00000970.png
    Best Method of Streaming Media from Z10 to TV via DLNA??-img_00000969.png
    Best Method of Streaming Media from Z10 to TV via DLNA??-img_00000968.png

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 01:53 PM
    Weird that my zed recognizes the device IP address of my Asus in Media Sharing settings but then doesn't show in Play On devices??

Best Method of Streaming Media from Z10 to TV via DLNA??-img_00000969.png
    Best Method of Streaming Media from Z10 to TV via DLNA??-img_00000971.png

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 02:05 PM
    I send it to my xbox one.
    01-21-14 04:33 PM
    Does it work via a Playstation 3 ? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 04:49 PM
    I would suggest trying your PS3 for this. I use a XBox 360 and it works great.
    01-21-14 05:03 PM
    Have tried but can't quite make it work although it does recognise the Z10...?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 05:15 PM
    Try sending it to the ps3 from the phone. Long press the video and select the play on option. Pick your ps3 from there.
    That's how I do it with my one.
    Can't browse the pc or phone from the console. Lame.
    01-21-14 05:18 PM