Anyone have downloaded any of the available Google map apps?

There are like 5 or 6 apps out there and most are 5$ or so an I don't wanna do a load them all to see if they work or not.

Any feedback? Any one has recommendations on any of them? Do they work better than BlackBerry Maps or Wave? Or how do they compare to Google maps on iPhone?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:26 PM
    Anyone have downloaded any of the available Google map apps?

There are like 5 or 6 apps out there and most are 5$ or so an I don't wanna do a load them all to see if they work or not.

Any feedback? Any one has recommendations on any of them? Do they work better than BlackBerry Maps or Wave? Or how do they compare to Google maps on iPhone?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    If you don't mind sideloading, the free Google Navigation app works. Blackberry Maps are pretty good for basic mapping/navigation too.

Go here for the latest: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ng-z10-766594/
    04-23-13 05:32 PM
    As far as I can tell, there is only one primary Google Maps app and the remaining ones are Add-Ons to the primary app.
    04-23-13 05:36 PM
    As far as I can tell, there is only one primary Google Maps app and the remaining ones are Add-Ons to the primary app.
    I only tried downloading the one labeled: Google Maps 6.14.3 BAR; haven't tried the others. So what are the 'add ons'?

Even though it says 'Google Maps', it really is 'Navigation' (but it still has maps in it), so I was happy with it.
    04-23-13 05:42 PM
    It seems Google is following the current trend of initially offering a very limited version of it's app, here Maps, for the basic version, with reduced functionality. Each module apparently adds another feature, such as,business search and street view for another.

This applies to non-Android devices, obviously, as the full featured maps, with turn by turn navigation is included free on Google devices.
    04-23-13 05:52 PM
    Just search for Google maps on BlackBerry World and you will see how many shows up. I also saw some of those add on themes but I just want a good Google map app to do a good search and find me the right location.

The BlackBerry map app is surprisingly pretty good for navigation. But still a bit raw vs Google maps which is better for finding specific locations by name.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    lsf222 likes this.
    04-23-13 05:58 PM
    I simply use the mobile site and bookmark it to my screen. Been working fine for what I need, maybe an option for you.
    Best Google map app-img_00000401.png

Posted via Z10 and CB10 on Rogers
    04-23-13 06:04 PM