04-21-13 10:27 AM
54 123
tools
    Ok, I have my Z10 on pre-order from ATT. Now I am shopping accessories. For those that already have the Z10, what case do you have and why do you like it...or not like it?

Thanks!
    03-14-13 08:15 PM
    Try out the Nillkin case, same feeling and texture as the original back of the Z10 with little to no compromise

Posted via CB10
    VaderZ10 likes this.
    03-14-13 08:21 PM
    I have the Otter box. Sturdy case, but covers a bit too much of the screen edges for my liking.

Also have a 64GB micro sd card. At the time, Best Buy had the best price on it.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:22 PM
    I'm using the oem transformer case. With an isheilds screen protector.

Great combo loving it!

Posted via CB10
    sala7 and Spencerdl like this.
    03-14-13 08:23 PM
    I'm starting to waste on cases now. Tried the OEM Flip... didn't like the fact that I had to keep open to charge. OEM Transform... too much of the unit exposed. OtterBox... just a major disappointment with the design interfering with the swiping from bottom. Now we are using iSkin and Roots Tuffskin2. WE have two Z10s in the home so testing and comparisons are a bit easier. We got 32GB memory cards from Best Buy on sale, dont know if sale is still on.
    bendirkss likes this.
    03-14-13 08:58 PM
    I have the transformer, to much of the device exposed. I have the case mate barely there and it's uncomfortable for me to use. I'm looking for a good case now

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:07 PM
    I'm just using the leather pouch... used to love the holsters that were included but decided to try the pouch. Provides decent protection while in the pocket as it's face and sides are padded (except the top but this shouldn't be a problem while in the pocket). The top piece is open to allow me to see the LED and able to access the headphones if required. It looks good and has a nice feel to it (back looks like the Q10 which i like!)

All in all, it provides some protection while not in use, but when it is, it's naked and feels great while using it! (i'm not a fan of cases)
    03-14-13 09:08 PM
    This is a great thread! Mine was pre-ordered too. I was thinking about getting the White Transform Shell because of that cool kick stand. I don't want the Flip Shell because I don't want a cover over mine because the flap would be behind the phone A Lot.
    03-14-13 09:11 PM
    iskin case looks good.. anyone have it?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:45 PM
    I am waiting for Otterbox to make the Commuter case for the Z10, it's usually my favorite for every phone because it offers good protection and use ability. I have a case mate right now and I think it is Ok, but slippery in my hand.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:48 PM
    I've just grabbed some soft plastic case for now with a screen protector, I'm really waiting on Otter Box to put out a commuter for this phone. I find the defender too bulky for my liking.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:52 PM
    I've tried on a couple case's at the stores but honestly like my phone naked. It looks so good. Never had cases before because BlackBerry makes gorgeous looking phones. Just have to be careful, fingers crossed I haven't ruined one yet.

Wow, I feel like I just jinxed myself :0

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:57 PM
    I've tried on a couple case's at the stores but honestly like my phone naked. It looks so good. Never had cases before because BlackBerry makes gorgeous looking phones. Just have to be careful, fingers crossed I haven't ruined one yet.

Wow, I feel like I just jinxed myself :0

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I'm a mechanic so I need a case. On weekends I'm naked though!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:09 PM
    Started with the the OEM flip shell. Liked the look of it, but I found it awkward to talk on the phone and type with the cover folded back. Also, didn't like the fact that I couldn't see the LED with the flip closed or that the flip had to be open in order to charge the phone.

Moved to the Incipio Dual Pro for a while. Good 2 piece protection, I'd say it's about equivalent to an Otterbox Commuter. The shell portion of is slightly grippy, which is nice. It doesn't have much of a raised lip around the front though, so not much face down protection. Also, the silicone had a tendency to bunch in the corners, and is very flimsy in the area just above the charging and HDMI ports.

I got the iSkin Vibe a few days ago, and it's my favourite to date. Adds very little bulk, fits well, all the buttons are covered, and it offers decent protection for the front face without having a lip that's intrusive when typing. Not a huge fan of the circular pattern on the back, but it does give a little added grip when holding the phone.
    03-14-13 10:44 PM
    I have the OEM flip case it is good I like the cover on it as it has a magnet so if you turn off swipe up to wake you don't have to push the top button to wake up phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:48 PM
    casemate tough caseBest case?-uploadfromtaptalk1363316546473.jpg
    03-14-13 11:02 PM
    Do you guys recommend a good sports armband for the Z10? Thanks.
    asifj likes this.
    03-14-13 11:37 PM
    Tried the incipio dual pro but the silicon near the charging port was to soft and my fingers would keep snagging it. I briefly tried their feather and may pick it up again once I can find it in black.

Liked the idea of the transformer but I didn't like the feel while it was on.

Otterbox defender was huge, great protection but way to big. I contacted Otterbox about the commuter and was told they aren't planning one yet but I assume they are waiting to see how the US launch goes.

I've ordered 3 different ones via ebay, don't expect much but figured I would try it anyway.

Also thinking about the Case-mate tough case and the black barely there but haven't found them in stock at any stores near me. Likely just order from CrackBerry once they are in stock.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:48 PM
    I bought Melkco case with screen protector for $19.99 at Rogers store and it is very nice. Very low profile, almost invisible. I surprised nobody mentioned this brand before. Am I the only one using it?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:52 PM
    Pure gear case and holster and kick stand. Unbelievable case. Can buy it in crackberry site or little sale going on at http://www.puremobile.com 19.99
    03-15-13 12:04 AM
    I have the transformer, to much of the device exposed. I have the case mate barely there and it's uncomfortable for me to use. I'm looking for a good case now

Posted via CB10
    Hey, I bought the barely there case yesterday and I loved being it but I'm worried that it adds too much pressure on my screen. If I crank up brightness way high on a black background or when the BB splashscreen shows up after a restart, I get a very noticeable pressure spot (light bleed) around an inch up from the bottom left of the edge. If you look closely at the inside of the casemate barely there you will see a "hot stamp" of the model number around that area. That's where the added pressure is being added.

Could you please test if this is the case with your barely there housing? I tried expanding the case by stretching it out but we think didn't help.
    03-15-13 04:33 AM
    I've got the Transform case which I'm very happy with (but really I covet the Vaja case - have a look at vaja.com). Transform is great for bedside mode at night.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 08:27 AM
    casemate tough caseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1363316546473.jpg 
Views:	959 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	141365
    I don't always use a case, but when I do I use the same CaseMate, nice clean look still just a bit to bulky for my liking but it does the job.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 08:39 AM
    Do you guys recommend a good sports armband for the Z10? Thanks.
    As much as it pains me to say this....if it fits the iPhone it should fit the Z10 just fine.
    03-15-13 09:37 AM
    I have mine naked and just use a BlackBerry Leather Pocket Pouch when I'm on the go.
    03-15-13 09:43 AM
54 123