So I went to my local to me (50) miles away in Bakersfield .Ca.to check out the Z10. I go to the mobile phone dept and a friendly chap asks if I want any assistance. I ask him to see the Z10 and he points to a non working sample and says here it is and leaves.
    I walk over to him to ask if they have a working unit and he said no but they have a few units on hand they could sell me and that they have a return policy if I don't like it. What about accessories? They are behind the counter in a box!
    Wow! I wasn't ready for that experience but jeese, how about a unit that's on so you can actually see what makes a BB different than the Samsung.Apple and others.
    03-27-13 10:14 AM
    Some people seem to think that they are doing you a favour by selling you a handset. Maybe you should have thought about paying for the right to be a customer?
    03-27-13 10:22 AM
    its not just BB, best buy only really has dummy phones to view on most all phones!
    03-27-13 10:31 AM
    It is not just BB with best buy.. try buying a computer....
    03-27-13 11:14 AM
    Never has been. I've NEVER seen a demo phone on display. They are always dummy phones.
    03-27-13 11:15 AM
    From my experience it is like that with everything at Best Buy. personally i don't go into best buy any more, it used to be convenient to have everything in one place but they they are only concerned awith the sale not with the customer.
    03-27-13 11:23 AM
    It is not just BB with best buy.. try buying a computer....
    Whenever I walk into a Best Buy there are plenty of working display model computers on the shelves and they actually work. Now as for tracking down a Best Buy employee to sell you one of those computers is a different matter. Most saleable notebook computers are in boxes behind a locked glass door or in the store room, although sometimes Best Buy does stock them on an open shelf below the display model.
    03-27-13 11:23 AM
    This is why best buy is losing a lot of money and heading towards bankruptcy.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 11:41 AM
    Best Buy is only convenient if you walk in knowing what you want. I got my Z10 there because I did my research on trade in value, upgrade process and geek squad insurance.

If I had to go in there looking for someone to "sell" me a product, I would be peeved too.

But most stores only have dummy models, if there is a live phone its behind some glass casing running some crappy demo for hours.

Posted via CB10
    world saviour likes this.
    03-27-13 11:58 AM
    This is why best buy is losing a lot of money and heading towards bankruptcy.

Posted via CB10
    What the fact they don't have any live demo phones or the fact that their customer service is horrible?

What moves you!
    03-27-13 12:07 PM
    Got mine at Best Buy. Dealt with a knowledgeable mobile manager. He didn't bash the product. Didn't push anything on me. Did my own research before I purchased. He actually liked the phone and was considering buying one for himself. Also, they had a working demo in the store. This was on Canadian launch day. No gripes here.

Posted via CB 10 from my BlackBerry Z10
    03-27-13 12:16 PM
    Plus all accessories were underneath the blackberry display they had!

Posted via CB 10 from my BlackBerry Z10
    03-27-13 12:19 PM
    I visited four best buy stores last week with similar results. One store told me that it hadn't launched yet. The others had dummy models but only one actual had it on display. The last store did offer to open one up "if I was serious about picking it up". All of the reps did speak favorable about it though. Every last high end Android model and Apple iphone 4s and 5 had working display models up in all the stores. The stores I visited were in Wichita, KS and Houston , TX.
    03-27-13 12:38 PM
    Same for me. Went to BB, got no help, there was no display and 30 minutes later had my Z10 in my hands from the ATT store.
    03-27-13 12:53 PM
    Sounds about right for here in NY to,the BB store doesn't have any live phones,but the BB mobile store they opened up in the mall on the same property as them has a lot of working models.last year i went in there to see what they had and to get a feel for some of the newer phones.the salesman in the BB mobile store was friendly,non-pushy,and was willing to answer any and all questions the person i was there had.if it wasn't for having a friend who works at the at&t store,i would've went there.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 01:07 PM