Personally, I hope RIM new Blackberry 10 is the same or more or less the same as the Alpha device that been given out to developers.

I like a phone with simple design and I hope the phone comes with a bit of weight. I also DONT want the phone to be SUPER THIN. In my opinion, the best design at this moment is still the Alpha device.

Maybe they just add a few touch up but not something too far way from Alpha device please.

So agrees with me?

- Charles
    09-13-12 01:19 AM
    You've kind of described the opposite of iphone 5 lol.

I also like a weighty phone & donmind the looks of the leaked BB10 pics as far as a touch screen phone goes.
    09-13-12 02:23 AM
    You've kind of described the opposite of iphone 5 lol.

I also like a weighty phone & donmind the looks of the leaked BB10 pics as far as a touch screen phone goes.
    I think its along the line of an iPhone. Its simple in design, feels good on your hand.

I don't want the phone to weight super light like holding some cheap china phone made of plastics. I also don't want the phone to be super thin like how some people would imagine. Obviously, finding the balance is hard but if the final BB10 device is like the Dev Alpha but maybe make it slightly thinner etc, I think it would be awesome

- Charles
    09-13-12 06:11 AM
    Agree with the weight's point, but on your "more or less like the DEV alpha", I would strongly recommend a more. The g�n�ral shape of the device is correct - nothing more - but it definitely requires a lot of design work. It is a brut product who really need some love and esth�tic finition. I understand you like the professional and sober look, but a bit of fancyness/style would be more than welcome for the average users RIM will try to attract and �v�n for us, actuals users. Anyways, I'm waiting for the N-series (with keyboard, right ? Always messing up with the L-N series...) and even if I love my bold 9900 (especially for the bezel and the silver part between each line of the keyboard), I need some design improvement in plus than the new software to Join the early adopters range.
    09-13-12 06:42 AM
    I agree. I very much like the PlayBook, I wouldn't mind a final phone that looks just like the Dev Alpha. Obviously, I'll still get the London with it's not so good design, but on the other hand, there's still time for RIM to change their mind and just go with the Dev Alpha design, maybe add a bit more curve to it and go for that faux leather back in the Bold Style.
    09-13-12 07:38 AM
    the Dev unit which looked like a mini playbook is awesome.

though i know thats not the final version (PS neither is the screenshot that was 'leaked')
    09-13-12 09:45 AM
    The dev alpha device looks nice, maybe just polish it a little bit. I wouldn't want the device to be to thin but if it is nothing a case won't fix. Also if it weighs the same as the bold thats fine with me also.
    09-13-12 01:43 PM
    the Dev unit which looked like a mini playbook is awesome.
    I agree with you. The playbook has an awesome feeling to it. Love the rubberized texture on the back.
    09-13-12 03:51 PM
    whatever it looks like, as long as it has the playbooks texture to it ill be happy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-14-12 10:53 AM
    The "Blackberry" lettering on the front is unnecessary and should be removed. The only logo should be the berry logo on the back. Simple logos are better and iconic.
    masqueofhastur likes this.
    09-14-12 06:20 PM
    I've never played with (or even seen it) a DevAlpha device, but it does look very nice. I like the look a lot, actually. It looks like a mini PlayBook, which is not a bad thing, really.

The first picture of the BB London we got a few months ago (the all-black device) was perfect for me! I loved the design right from the beginning. It was tall, sleek, black, and was a miniature PlayBook that was thinner. The only qualm I have about the DevAlpha is that it's a bit boxy. If RIM thins it down a bit (which is something I'm sure they've done), it's perfect in my opinion.

The best thing about the PlayBook, I think, was the back. It feels absolutely perfect in the hand. If RIM makes the London's battery door like the PlayBook's, it's absolutely perfect for me (I'm buying an L-Series device on release day regardless, by the way. But still!)
    09-14-12 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD