Hey!

Ever since the AC3 issues with BlackBerry I've been forced to use a 3rd party media player for my zed called Kalemsoft Media Player. It plays everything I've thrown at it so far, supports subs, some issues with landscape vs portrait orientation when streaming via hdmi and you have to fiddle around a bit to fix it. Other than that I'm quite satisfied with it.

One other downside is that I can't seem to 'Play On' through this app to stream vids via DLNA, like you can in the native BlackBerry player.

Does anyone else have any suggestions with, either how to 'play on' in Kalemsoft Media Player, and/or any other 3rd party media players that might be better?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 05:53 PM
    i use android apps to fill the gap

vlc beta is nice, it streams all file formats but its a beta soo.... its not perfect
    mxplayer is also a nice goto for this

for podcasting i hear
    podtracker is nice but is no longer maintained

these are all easily installed using SNAP on the latest leak (z10/z30)
    01-21-14 09:03 PM
    Hey!

Ever since the AC3 issues with BlackBerry I've been forced to use a 3rd party media player for my zed called Kalemsoft Media Player. It plays everything I've thrown at it so far, supports subs, some issues with landscape vs portrait orientation when streaming via hdmi and you have to fiddle around a bit to fix it. Other than that I'm quite satisfied with it.

One other downside is that I can't seem to 'Play On' through this app to stream vids via DLNA, like you can in the native BlackBerry player.

Does anyone else have any suggestions with, either how to 'play on' in Kalemsoft Media Player, and/or any other 3rd party media players that might be better?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Rotation issues are fixed in the next update coming soon. We also added a Play On feature, but only for media hosted on DLNA servers. So, the player will act as a remote controller, for instance, streaming from a NAS to an external renderer such as a smart TV.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    01-22-14 02:53 PM