So I have been reading that a BES plan is needed to hook up my Z10 on my company's network. This is not true. I have a "Normal" data plan. Last night, I performed the enterprise activation without a problem. My email, address book and calendar are all up and running.

Posted via CB10
    partizan666 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:28 PM
    So I have been reading that a BES plan is needed to hook up my Z10 on my company's network. This is not true. I have a "Normal" data plan. Last night, I performed the enterprise activation without a problem. My email, address book and calendar are all up and running.
    So which publication have you been reading. You do not need a BES plan to connect to a BES10 server. There are some BES plans available with some carriers for some reason, but they are not needed for a Z10 to work with a BES10 server. My ATT grandfathered unlimited was converted to an LTE version of that with no enterprise feature and all is working just fine. I think there are a lot of people that do not know what they are talking about or are pushing FUD information to make people upset. It is a fact that BB expects carrier service fees to be going down because of people moving to BB10 devices and not needing the enterprise plans.
    pels_17 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:39 PM
    I am waiting for my Z10 to come in any day now and thought about how to connect it to my company's BES. Where did you go specifically in the settings to get Enterprise Activation completed? Do you have a screenshot? Thanks in advance!
    03-28-13 01:41 PM
    I believe there are many threads on this. But in a nutshell. Your company has to have a BES10 server to talk to a BB10 device. If they have it, you will request them to activate you for that and the server will send an email with the instructions on how to activate on the device. It is rather simple, but the requirement is that. However, you can just use active sync if your company uses active sync for android or ios devices...as the Z10 has that facility as well. Many options it does depend one your company and how they allow you to connect and if they are ready for the Z10.
    03-28-13 01:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    My question was directed to rgdutriz as he/she mentioned that he/she activated the phone himself/herself. My company IS running BES10, but I prefer not to go through my IT folks if I have that chance Thank you for reply dcwbearsaint though, I will keep ActiveSync option in mind should other avenues fail.
    dcwbearsaint likes this.
    03-28-13 02:00 PM
    Basically, BB10 can be set up to use the same ActiveSync technology that many Android and iOS devices use. No more need for BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server).

Here's a great write-up on how to set things up on both the server side and the BB10 device.

BlackBerry Z10 connection to IBM Lotus Domino

I'm not sure how it works with other Enterpise email servers, but the fact of the matter is that if someone already has an Android or iOS configured for it, there is probably a way to connect your BlackBerry10 device to it too. You may have to borrow from the iOS procedure (at least I did for Lotus Notes Traveler.)
    04-15-13 02:43 PM
    BB10 devices can be connected to Enterprise email systems using the same ActiveSync technology as Android and iOS devices. No more BES required!

Here's an example of doing this for Lotus Notes:
    BlackBerry Z10 connection to IBM Lotus Domino

If you are not connecting to a Notes server, I'll bet the technique is the same. (BlackBerry really needs to get the word out about this... I think they will lose a lot of new BYOD folks who think BB10 devices require BES10 to work with enterprise email servers... I know I did until recently.)
    04-15-13 02:48 PM