That guy probably couldn't be bothered learning about the bb10 and is out of his league selling the device so the next thing to do is be obnoxious.

A real salesman would sell you some string and match boxes on contract if you asked for it by name.

I flick! Do you?
    12-05-13 12:39 AM
    A sales guy told me BlackBerry was dead right in my face.

I turned and told no it didn't and pulled out my z10.

He was so furious and took things to personal level and started arguing with me. I slammed him with all the facts and BlackBerry isnt sold. He started yelling.

Then I asked for the manager, when he came he had a q10 in hand. I complained really hard on the salesman's harsh behavior and how I was personally hurt.

The manager was a good guy, he apologized and the sales rep was all red and silent. Winked at him again at the way out.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 12:57 AM
    A sales guy told me BlackBerry was dead right in my face.

I turned and told no it didn't and pulled out my z10.

He was so furious and took things to personal level and started arguing with me. I slammed him with all the facts and BlackBerry isnt sold. He started yelling.

Then I asked for the manager, when he came he had a q10 in hand. I complained really hard on the salesman's harsh behavior and how I was personally hurt.

The manager was a good guy, he apologized and the sales rep was all red and silent. Winked at him again at the way out.

Posted via CB10
    Amazing haha.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 01:16 AM
    I complained really hard on the salesman's harsh behavior and how I was personally hurt.
    You shouldn't be personally hurt. It's just a phone.
    Elite1, h20work and Saiga like this.
    12-05-13 06:56 AM
    You shouldn't be personally hurt. It's just a phone.
    I think you're missing the point, it's not about BlackBerry or the phone. It's about sales representatives introducing a bias opinion in a work environment to were they should be there to consult and be consulted.

What if you worked for BlackBerry or any of the other manufacturers and heard that sales person completely speaking out of context? Would you not take offense that the company you work for is being completely misrepresented? We all like BlackBerry and a passionate on seeing it succeed but that doesn't occur when people who are misinformed are in a position to spread the word such as these carrier sales representatives.

Plus, it's just plan stupidity! Why would instantly shot yourself in the foot as a sales rep by making such a comment? That sales rep had no idea the opportunities and potential avenues that could have come from the OP who just came in for a BlackBerry, he could have bridged over to home phone, Internet, Satellite etc etc.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    Karan Mohal and Elite1 like this.
    12-05-13 07:28 AM
    My elderly in laws went in to replace their 9800 and of course we're pushed to a Apple 5C. I asked why didn't hey switch from BlackBerry and they said the guy said the Apple was free on a two year contract. I said I'd you are going to switch to a touch screen why not a Z30 or even a Samsung Galaxy 4 due to screen size....all they said is they were not offered those just the Iphone.

BlackBerry needs to come out with a spiff program....sales people need an incentive so give them one...$10 for every BlackBerry they sell...or $20

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 07:46 AM
    BlackBerry needs to come out with a spiff program....sales people need an incentive so give them one...$10 for every BlackBerry they sell...or $20
    That's one small piece of the puzzle. It would also take $1 billion of advertising in Canada alone. Is BlackBerry prepared to do that to try to recover in the consumer market?
    12-05-13 01:35 PM
    that sales guy is a rookie...
    12-05-13 03:45 PM
    That sales guy probably didn't want a return.

The Z10 had a very high return rate. When you sell a phone and get commission on it and it's returned, they also take that commission out of your next check. When the return rate on a phone is high, commissioned sales people do NOT want to sell it. They'd rather sell you something that doesn't get returned. It's as simple as that.

BlackBerry Z10 Returns �Exceed Sales� - Digits - WSJ
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    12-05-13 04:01 PM
    My elderly in laws went in to replace their 9800 and of course we're pushed to a Apple 5C. I asked why didn't hey switch from BlackBerry and they said the guy said the Apple was free on a two year contract. I said I'd you are going to switch to a touch screen why not a Z30 or even a Samsung Galaxy 4 due to screen size....all they said is they were not offered those just the Iphone.

Posted via CB10
    And make sure that somehow people don't bring back those BlackBerry's because they can't do Instagram..... and the sales person gets a strike against them.

Please don't mention Sideloading or 10.2.1 and direct APK.... they aren't for the average person!
    12-05-13 04:02 PM
    Part of the problem is that people see these sales reps (or sales reps in general) as authorities/experts on whatever they happen to be selling... in my experience (including when *I* was a sales rep) they are ABSOLUTELY NOT. They receive minimal training, and then feel free offering thier opinions as if they were fact, and people eat it up as if it were fact... I bought my Q10 from a girl was looked to be 16, and spent most of her time texting on her iPhone (while dealing with me) .. The customer who came in after me was asking for advice on a phone- take a WILD guess which phone she recommended? Did she even give the guy options, or offer opinion on other brands of phone? nope. Ah well... there seems to be a new thread on this every week- I ought to know; one of my first posts on here was in response to the exact same topic... We all know its an issue. Wadda-u-gunna-do *shrug*
    12-05-13 04:02 PM
    Without reading the article, im going to pose the question: how is it possible to have more returns than sales? I'm assuming they mean over a certain period.. Still a little bit of a strange headline..

The Z10 had a very high return rate. When you sell a phone and get commission on it and it's returned, they also take that commission out of your next check. When the return rate on a phone is high, commissioned sales people do NOT want to sell it. They'd rather sell you something that doesn't get returned. It's as simple as that.

BlackBerry Z10 Returns ‘Exceed Sales’ - Digits - WSJ
    12-05-13 04:07 PM
    Without reading the article, im going to pose the question: how is it possible to have more returns than sales? I'm assuming they mean over a certain period.. Still a little bit of a strange headline..
    It's a bull**** article and they are known to bash BlackBerry to push the stock down.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 04:12 PM
    Was the sales guy warning like this?

cdnrower likes this.
    12-05-13 04:13 PM
    And make sure that somehow people don't bring back those BlackBerry's because they can't do Instagram..... and the sales person gets a strike against them.

Please don't mention Sideloading or 10.2.1 and direct APK.... they aren't for the average person!
    Except 10.2.1 and direct apk.... was meant to dumb down the whole process for the average person...how much more can you dumb it down...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 04:31 PM
    Okay, don't leave us hanging...what did your friend end up doing/buying?
    12-05-13 07:32 PM
    Man all that yelling and arguing over a phone?? #firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 07:37 PM
    I had a BBOS user who was looking for a new phone. I showed her BB10 and she was in love. Even found the app she asked about. She emailed a few days later to get email set up on her new phone. I asked her what she got. Of course, it was the iPhone, even though she said she's never really liked them. She said the Sprint guy was quick to put down the idea of the Q10, even though she ASKED about it. Not even a demo, just a "You don't want that..." I told her I knew that would happen.

Not sure how BBRY can gain traction when they can't even get out of the starting gate.
    007Storm likes this.
    12-05-13 07:49 PM
    I had a BBOS user who was looking for a new phone. I showed her BB10 and she was in love. Even found the app she asked about. She emailed a few days later to get email set up on her new phone. I asked her what she got. Of course, it was the iPhone, even though she said she's never really liked them. She said the Sprint guy was quick to put down the idea of the Q10, even though she ASKED about it. Not even a demo, just a "You don't want that..." I told her I knew that would happen.

Not sure how BBRY can gain traction when they can't even get out of the starting gate.
    I don't know what it is.... but BlackBerry needs... no REQUIRE to spend cash on getting carrier management to whip those sales representatives and not turn away bb10 devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 08:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    All these posts just confirm that Canadians hate BlackBerry.

Truly a shame...
    12-05-13 08:12 PM

BlackBerry Z10 Returns �Exceed Sales� - Digits - WSJ
    That's it in a nutshell!

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    look_alive likes this.
    12-05-13 08:15 PM
    That's it in a nutshell!

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    ??? ... how. you can't return more than you sell.... its a fabricated article.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-05-13 08:22 PM
    I have had one Telus rep try to slur BlackBerry. But I won't go into the details of that situation. It is a fact that the majority of mobile store representatives will sell what they personally use. This is because they know that they will be the first person a client comes back to if there is a problem with the phone (something jot working as expected). But there is no reason for them to put down a particular brand.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    In my limited experience it comes down to what the particular rep uses. I've been out with half a dozen friends and relatives (who dragged me along for their upgrade) and I've seen the reps recommend iPhone and various flavours of Android (HTC One, Samsung and LG). Inevitably, they whip out their own phone and put it in your face as if that will convince you of how wonderful it is.

I'm not kidding. You couldn't make this up.
    12-05-13 08:25 PM
    ??? ... how. you can't return more than you sell.... its a fabricated article.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    This is an article from April, 2013. Prior to the Strategic Alternatives and/or Sale of BlackBerry, so likely part of a 'Shorts' initiative related to the stock price. Just a guess.

It hasn't come up since then, which is odd if the article is true... Probably just a third party paying for a media release that the mainstream media lapped up at the time. For those who aren't media savvy, there are many corporate firms that do 'press releases' for the media for a fee.
    12-05-13 08:31 PM
    And for anyone with an open mind, there's at least one site that discusses openly how Public Relations firms with money have hijacked legitimate news to influence consumer opinion:

PR Watch | Reporting on spin and disinformation since 1993.

There's no tinfoil hat, 'dark media conspiracy' nonsense needed. It all links to legitimate sources.
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    12-05-13 08:39 PM
79 1234