Your expectations are very unreasonable. No matter what phone you have you battery is going to drain like hell. You receive an average of 120-150 emails a day?? And have up to 20 calls a day with hold time on each? 3 min each? An hour a day of hold time plus emails plus talk time and I'm sure your responding to emails and texting. Your an extremely above average user. Just have to get used to it my friend.

Posted via CB10
    Mattster723 likes this.
    05-31-13 11:39 AM
    1. If you have wifi available in the courthouse and you can sign on to it, that would save battery when you receive emails.

2. A flip case shuts off display instantly when it closes and turns off the 'gestures'. This helped me a lot.

3. I would say turn LTE off but I don't think you can with AT&T
    05-31-13 11:48 AM
    I recently purchased this one http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=53735609946 and so far, I am loving it. The first full charge I got 36 solid hours out of it. Wasn't one of my heavier days though. I'm expecting no less than 24 hours on heavy days.
    Might as well be walking around with a five lb walkie talkie... who wants to double the size of thier phone

Kah
    05-31-13 11:48 AM
    d) Cover my suits in photoelectric solar cells with a wire connected to the Z10?
    I would go with this approach.

Seriously, I would put your phone in a case or pouch that has the magnet for the sleeper function. I am using the BlackBerry Flip case and love it, but in the past I have used pouches. If you don't like the ones offered by BlackBerry, Sena makes some nice ones. I had the UltraSlim pouch for my old 9810 and then my 9860 and liked them. The UltraSlim is very thin leather and adds next to nothing to the size. The slim won't offer a lot of protection for drops but it does keep the phone from being scratched up in your pocket or briefcase.

http://www.senacases.com/blackberry-cases/z10/

The Flip Case has been great to me and has helped battery life substantially.
    Mattster723 likes this.
    05-31-13 12:02 PM
    You receive an average of 120-150 emails a day?? And have up to 20 calls a day with hold time on each? 3 min each? Your an extremely above average user. Just have to get used to it my friend.
    Posted via CB10
    Yah . .looks like the case. . I sometimes get more email . .nature of my practice. As a comparison, when I had a Samsung Jack, I had 3 batteries which I would drain daily. When I went to the 9700 though, and oddly, I could get through several days. . .of course I went through several phones (4).
    05-31-13 12:06 PM
    I would go with this approach.

Seriously, I would put your phone in a case or pouch that has the magnet for the sleeper function. I am using the BlackBerry Flip case and love it, but in the past I have used pouches. If you don't like the ones offered by BlackBerry, Sena makes some nice ones. I had the UltraSlim pouch for my old 9810 and then my 9860 and liked them. The UltraSlim is very thin leather and adds next to nothing to the size. The slim won't offer a lot of protection for drops but it does keep the phone from being scratched up in your pocket or briefcase.

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : BlackBerry Z10

The Flip Case has been great to me and has helped battery life substantially.
    I actually use a BB holster so photoelectric here I come!!!
    PHughes likes this.
    05-31-13 12:12 PM
    I am in the UK on Vodafone, with a Z10 since 4th Feb.

After reading a tip in these forums I switched off Swipe to Unlock. I use the top button instead. It's no big deal and has made a dramatic difference to my battery life. I'm not a heavy user, nothing like the OP, but my battery life almost doubled to 40 hours.

Think about it. The screen is constantly alive, waiting for a swipe that may never come. And all the time, it is draining the battery. So switch it off in the Settings menu. Try it!
    05-31-13 12:22 PM
    I am in the UK on Vodafone, with a Z10 since 4th Feb.

After reading a tip in these forums I switched off Swipe to Unlock. I use the top button instead. It's no big deal and has made a dramatic difference to my battery life. I'm not a heavy user, nothing like the OP, but my battery life almost doubled to 40 hours.

Think about it. The screen is constantly alive, waiting for a swipe that may never come. And all the time, it is draining the battery. So switch it off in the Settings menu. Try it!
    I've done that too. I guess I just get too many emails and calls. Whatcha gonna do?
    05-31-13 12:25 PM
    Install OS leak 10.1.0.1880
    05-31-13 12:31 PM
    I'm on my second Z10, first one was fantastic from day one until a week and a half ago it just randomly decided not to turn on while I was on vacation. Fast forward to now, I'm waiting on my replacement and using a brand new loaner Z10 supplied to me by my rep. Phone was great the first few days (as soon as I powered it up - right out of the box, it asked me to update to 10.1). The last few days the phone has been getting quite warm (41 degrees) and battery has been draining fast! I took my phone off charge at 7am and its now 1030 and I'm at 35% left now. This definitely isn't normal and nothing like my experience with the previous z10 I had. Mind you, the build quality on this phone feels substantially better - much more solid feel to the phone, if I can figure out the battery problems I'm going to try and keep this instead of swapping to the new phone I'm waiting on.

Posted via CB10

*edit: I just hit send and noticed that my battery level dropped to 32% by the time I finished typing this post. *frustrated*
    05-31-13 12:31 PM
    Post pictures when you do.

I would be tempted in your case to switch to the Flip Case since most likely you don't always put the phone back in the holster all the time. With the flip all you have to do is close it and set it down.

A third battery may be the best solution for you.
    Mattster723 likes this.
    05-31-13 12:32 PM
    I have ATT z10, with their first update only, no leaked OS's. Wifi is off, so is bluetooth (unless I am in my car or in the office); in comparison I had a 9900 which lasted about 7-8 hours on a charge before switching out the battery.

So really the question that I guess I should next ask is (being that everyone seems to think this is normal for a heavy user):

a) buy a 2300 battery?

b) buy the 4500 battery with the extended case?

c) get a third LS-1?

d) Cover my suits in photoelectric solar cells with a wire connected to the Z10?
    or perhaps

e) get yourself a good quality powerbanks

mine is Sanyo, I can charge my S3 2 times from 1% to 100% twice and still can do like around 60% on the last attemp
    trust me, it really worth it
    05-31-13 12:43 PM
    but then if you come up with that, share us some pics bud
    05-31-13 12:46 PM
    OP's usage is pretty high. Back in the day when I was using a Bold 9000, I had two batteries for it and on a busy day with 3G on where I had similar usage, I was usually out of power on both batteries by around 5-6. While the Z10 does have a bigger batter, the larger screen, faster processor and LTE will eat battery way faster. Even average users I knew who had the iPhone 5 are reporting having to plug in at least once a day, so all modern smartphones will have this issue.

While the 4500 mah battery is quite big, it might last a full work day for the OP. The only risk is that once you know you have more power, you tend to be more liberal with it from the outset. But I guess having two LS-1 batteries and the extended battery should allow the OP to make it through the day.
    Mattster723 likes this.
    05-31-13 01:16 PM
    Just had my battery bundle delivered. Awesome solution..
    05-31-13 04:10 PM
    Might as well be walking around with a five lb walkie talkie... who wants to double the size of thier phone

Kah
    Do you work for BlackBerry or something? You seen to have a personal vendetta against aftermarket batteries, haha. I swear, you're in every battery thread just ragging on them... but based on your post I can tell you've never seen that one in person, because it doesn't double the size of the phone, and it doesn't really add much weight
    06-02-13 01:03 AM
    I've done that too. I guess I just get too many emails and calls. Whatcha gonna do?
    The old BB's were really efficient with power. Mind you, 9700 never had a touchscreen, which usually burns off more juice.
    Try the newer leaks, 10.1.0.2354 or 1880, those are super efficient with battery
    However, with your amount of usage, I would definitely say you'll burn through the battery sooner or later. I would say this about all smartphones available.
    Open the browser and type escreen:/// (don't think you can do it under settings for ATnT)
    In there you can toggle of LTE, which will save you battery, especially if you are in an area with weak LTE signal
    Doing such will probably prolong your battery usage of 2 batteries to last you the whole day. Give it a try
    For those people suggesting OP to use wifi, well... If you have 3G/LTE + wifi on, doesn't always end up being more battery saving. You can def give it a try, but I would say it's not worth it.

Alternatively, I would say buy a external battery pack. I've been looking at one for $30 with 10400 mAh
    Amazon.ca: Buying Choices: Romoss 10400mAh Portable Universal USB external battery pack charger backup power bank emergency rechargeable batterie batteria with samsung cell, Micro USB cable, LED flashlight for iPhone, ipad, tablet pc, android smartph
    2 batteries = 3600 mAh. This bad boy will get you through 2 days no problem
    06-02-13 01:26 AM
    Well I went with a 3rd battery at 2400, and that combo . .three batteries gets me through most of the day. So thanks all!
    07-01-13 03:38 PM
    Mine is buy 2 battery charger bundle and 11000 mah powerbank. The battery that u have depleted can be charged w ur powerbank inside ur bag.
    Having 3 batteries without 2 charging bundle can be a hassle because if all is depleted by the time u got home there is one battery that cant be charged and needs to wait for the previous one full.
    So u might wanna get two charger bundles

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:05 PM
    Unplugged my fully charged phone at 9pm on Friday. Took a lot of pictures, used Twitter, BBM, CrackBerry, sent some texts, browsed a bit, watched some youtube videos, and plugged my phone in at 20% charged on Sunday at 9 am.

That's 36 hours of what, for me, would be considered moderate use. I don't normally get this much life from my battery but I also use it very heavily most days and have no problem making through the day.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:19 PM
45 12