All,

I've been a massive BB/CB fan for years, and I'm really hoping to get a Z10 this week.

I have a few questions that I would like some help with..

I am currently very baked into the Microsoft ecosystem. I am okay with leaving, but do have some Microsoft/BB specific questions.

I know that BIS no longer exists. How does Microsoft Live email work on BB10?

How about Microsoft Live calendar syncing?

Finally, I use SkyDrive a lot. Can anyone share anything with me?

I know I am being vague, but I have done as much research as possible, now I am just looking for real user experiences to help me make up my mind.

Thank you all in advance!
    03-20-13 04:53 PM
    All,

I've been a massive BB/CB fan for years, and I'm really hoping to get a Z10 this week.

I have a few questions that I would like some help with..

I am currently very baked into the Microsoft ecosystem. I am okay with leaving, but do have some Microsoft/BB specific questions.
    Edit: you could use the Skydrive website. Haven't tried it but if it works through a website it would definitely work in the Z10 as it has a fully functional desktop grade browser

I know that BIS no longer exists. How does Microsoft Live email work on BB10?

How about Microsoft Live calendar syncing?

Finally, I use SkyDrive a lot. Can anyone share anything with me?

I know I am being vague, but I have done as much research as possible, now I am just looking for real user experiences to help me make up my mind.

Thank you all in advance!
    Live email works perfectly. Just like on Windows Phone. I have a Lumia 900 as my spare phone.
    Calender syncs without any issue. You won't have a problem there.
    Skydrive won't work.. At least till MS decides to release an App which I'm not sure about. You do have Box and Dropbox though.

Hope this helps. Ask around if you have any other questions. Never hurts to find out as much as you can before you buy advice.
    03-20-13 04:58 PM
    I can only comment on using e-mail with the Z10, but as an average user I'd say it was incredible easy to set up my @live.com e-mail account. All you have to do is enter the email address and password and it does it for you. The account is then integrated right into the hub. The whole process was very quick in my experience.
    03-20-13 04:59 PM
    You can sideload skydrive! (The magic of BB 10)
    It's an android sideload, here's how to get it ! Very simple, you don't have to connect your Z10 to your computer!:
    Here's how to sideload android apps onto your Z10 (It's extremely simple, you only install a chrome extension and then drag the BAR file to the chrome extension, and the app will magically appear on your Z10, yes it's that simple): How To Sideload Android Apps Onto Your BlackBerry 10 Device | BlackBerry Empire
    and here's the Skydrive BAR file: Windows SkyDrive for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps
    You don't need any wires to do this, just make sure your Z10 is connected to your wifi internet connection
    Have fun !
    robkd likes this.
    03-20-13 05:04 PM
    I think there is a Skydrive Android app you can sideload, I'm not 100% sure though.

EDIT: see post above.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 05:04 PM
    Great, thanks all. Esp in regards to sideloading skydrive.

I ask about the email because I saw that it doesn't feature push email any more?

Also I forgot to ask about two way contact sync...?

Otherwise, that's pretty much it!

Thanks again, really helpful.
    03-20-13 05:08 PM
    Hi,

SkyDrive is supported by PlayCloud 10.

You can find a free and paid version in the BlackBerry World.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...access-767624/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-10-a-780898/

Nicolas
    anon5814103 likes this.
    03-20-13 05:29 PM