Just a note on this... space bar word correction is exactly how most (all?) autocorrects work, performing autocorrect on a word after you hit space. The difference on BB10 is it offers two enhancements to this:
    1. Shows the autocorrect on space bar in advance
    2. Offers option to swipe up to "skip" the autocorrect and keep it as you typed.

I understand it's distracting to some users at first apparently, but it's just showing you more info/options.

I'm addicted to the swipe back gesture, swiping back (right to left) across virtual keyboard to either delete the previous word or reverse an autocorrect. And BB10 learns from using swipe back to reverse an autocorrect, especially if you reverse the same autocorrect more than once.
    (VERY useful for getting BB10 to stop any annoying, unwanted autocorrects, like "most" to "mist")
    ohh thanks for the info,was tapping space and backspace each time for the past few months x_x
    10-07-14 01:35 PM
    I find it so strange that so many people have such love for the 9900. I tried twice to own it but it just didn't make the grade for me. The camera would not take closeup pictures (no autofocus), the reception was inferior to all other BlackBerry phones at least where I live and the battery life was really bad. It was was beautiful though and nice to use. I tried the Z10 and it was great except for battery life and then went to the Q10, it is the perfect BlackBerry. I also think the Q5 would be just as good or better than the Q10. You should be able to get a Q5 for a very good price and you will have a perfected 9900.
    yep same here,my mom had one,i bought a 9790 for the same reason-autofocus and great reception
    10-07-14 01:36 PM
    Having read through all these replies, I'm sure you won't need mine, but here goes: I migrated to a Z10, the first BB I had owned, from a Samsung Galaxy S3. Consistently I found that I was using two or three fewer keystrokes on the Z10 for almost any action I wanted to perform, and I found the whole OS much superior to anything I've tried from Android. I love my Z10, and recently moved up to a Z30, and I've found myself using that phone way more for browsing as well as email. The relatively small Z10 screen is its only drawback, as far as I'm concerned, and I suspect the Z30 may be better for you. However, a free phone is a free phone, and if you've already got one, go for it. As many others have said, you won't regret it.
    10-07-14 06:45 PM
    though i must mention ,the only thing missing in BB10 is a "swype" style typing input,though the keys are nice and large,the swipe-up predictions are great!! the space bar word correction takes time to get used to,but its heaven to use
    You do know that u can flick up on the predicted words to put them in place right? To me that seems like swipe typing no?

Posted from my z10 via cb 10
    10-07-14 07:04 PM
    yep same here,my mom had one,i bought a 9790 for the same reason-autofocus and great reception
    That is what I did too, I really liked the 9790. Battery was not great on it either but was better than the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:30 PM

I'm addicted to the swipe back gesture, swiping back (right to left) across virtual keyboard to either delete the previous word or reverse an autocorrect. And BB10 learns from using swipe back to reverse an autocorrect, especially if you reverse the same autocorrect more than once.
    (VERY useful for getting BB10 to stop any annoying, unwanted autocorrects, like "most" to "mist")
    OMG, thanks, 19 months of Z10 ownership and I did not know about swiping to reverse auto correct. Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:35 PM
    You do know that u can flick up on the predicted words to put them in place right? To me that seems like swipe typing no?

He's referring to the Swype keyboard. Instead of tapping each letter, you can drag your finger from letter to letter in the word and it will usually figure out the word you're typing. It's quite fast and pretty accurate, but to me, it seems like a lot of energy scrabbling from key to key. I may not be faster on my Z10 keyboard, but I can keep up with half of the effort.

Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-07-14 07:37 PM
    OMG, thanks, 19 months of Z10 ownership and I did not know about swiping to reverse auto correct. Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    Also, If you swipe right to left on the keyboard with TWO fingers, it will delete 2 words. THREE fingers will delete 3 words. Haven't been able to fit 4 fingers on the KB to see if that works...
    10-07-14 07:39 PM
    The z10 was the first BlackBerry I ever owned. My kids are still rocking my z10. I bought a z30 but the z10 is a great phone. It's so easy to use I'm working on converting my 65 year old dad to it who has had a couple strokes and never owned a smartphone to one. He's waiting list his contract to end so I can put him on my plan. I'm really sold on bb10 coming from android.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:01 PM

no i mean like the one on wp8.1
    10-07-14 09:49 PM
    He's referring to the Swype keyboard. Instead of tapping each letter, you can drag your finger from letter to letter in the word and it will usually figure out the word you're typing. It's quite fast and pretty accurate, but to me, it seems like a lot of energy scrabbling from key to key. I may not be faster on my Z10 keyboard, but I can keep up with half of the effort.

yep you got my point
    10-07-14 09:50 PM
    We could be here all day and tell you how great it is but the best way is to get one and use it yourself. Playing a little bit at the store doesn't do justice either. You must get a hold of one and allow yourself enough time to be familiarized with the GUI and gestures.

Using PP and Z10
    10-07-14 10:11 PM
62 123