I have been looking all over the forums and can't seem to find anybody else having this issue.
    Imagine, your first night of solid sleep in days and you get emails in the middle of it all. I have tried a restart and a battery pull, but I still get messages coming in while in bedside mode. Please help if you have a work around.
    Other than that, this update has been amazing, things that weren't big deals have been smoothed out and I couldn't be happier. Just want my bedside mode back.
    05-16-13 10:36 AM
    Can you be more specific? Bedside mode does not stop emails from coming in - it is just supposed to suppress all sounds/vibrations except the phone.

Are you still getting sounds/vibrations from emails while in bedside mode?
    05-16-13 11:13 AM
    Sorry, yeah. Sound notifications are coming through.
    The first time it happened, I thought maybe I had neglected to start bedside mode. So, I set everything up again and went back to sleep. Then I got more notifications again a few hours later.
    This morning I have had the phone in bedside mode (after a re-start & battery pull) and I am still getting sound.
    05-16-13 11:30 AM
    Work around would be to put your phone on silent before you go to sleep, through the notification settings vs relying on bedside mode, atleast until it's been figured out and fixed

Posted via Sega Genesis
    05-16-13 11:35 AM
    In the spirit of all things glitchy, try changing the setting for phone calls in bedside mode, restart, change it back, and restart again. It doesn't seem like it would help, but glitches never make sense anyways. Aside from that, maybe you need to reinstall the OS. Sorry I can't be of more help
    SchmoopieRawks likes this.
    05-16-13 11:39 AM
    What exactly do you do when you "set everything up"? Just to clarify, when you go to sleep, you slide down from the top bezel when it's in locked mode and drag the sleep mode clock down, right?
    05-16-13 11:42 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I wanted to know if other people were having this happen to them.
    I guess I will play with settings and leave it in silent mode till this glitch runs its course.
    05-16-13 11:42 AM
    Is it possible that your device is doing one of them random reboots during the night? If that happens, it does not go back into bedside mode. This was the main reason I actually discovered that my z10 was restarting...it would start alerting me to emails when it was not supposed to.
    05-16-13 12:19 PM
    I'm having the same problem as well. Bedside mode is no longer suppressing notifications. The best I can do for the time being is to put the notifications in silent mode before putting the phone in bedside mode and then hope I remember to unsilence the notifications after taking the phone out of bedside mode. Hassle.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 03:41 AM
    as i don't like the idea of sleeping with an 'radio' active phone next to my head, I always enable flight mode... no problem with notifications then :-p
    05-18-13 04:27 AM
    Similar to scorepion, in bedside mode i turn off data in settings but leave the radio on. This way, there is no way I'll be disturbed by emails and notifications but calls will still get through just in case something is urgent (also saves on chomping through my data plan unnecessarily while I'm sleeping)

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 04:33 AM
    I started turning the phone off, stupid thing resets and still wakes me. I want to smash it!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 05:58 AM
    Mine's doing the same thing and I'm about to pitch it as well. I've even turn the damn thing off only for it to turn itself on in the middle of the night AND somehow get past my log in password. How in heavens name did it get past my password? How f'd up is it when something so simple cant function properly? I hope to God Blackberry reads these posts and gets a fix out pronto. We shouldn't have to "work around" anything but setting it to phone calls only might be the best option IF you want to use the alarm. Unfortunately it doesn't work when the phone is off which is SOOOO F'ING STUPID!!!! My 5 year old Torch did that without a hitch.
    05-18-13 06:45 AM
    @scorepion: tin foil is your friend

@john: there's absolutely no way your fone gets past the lock screen after a reboot. Impossible.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    05-18-13 08:36 AM
    I started turning the phone off, stupid thing resets and still wakes me. I want to smash it!

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean you're holding power long enough to actually turn it completely off and then it starts up on its own (while plugged in)?

05-18-13 08:39 AM
    I would suggest to any of you that think bedside is broken, next time it happens check your boot time and I'm sure you'll see that your device rebooted while you were sleeping, hence why bedside mode is off.

To check boot time go to browser:
    file:///var/boottime.txt
    (this only shows last boot time)

TenceRiker and HotFix like this.
    05-18-13 08:43 AM
    Mine did not reboot. I got a message just a couple of minutes after putting the phone in bedside mode, while I was still awake. When I checked my phone, it was still in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:20 AM
    Mine did not reboot. I got a message just a couple of minutes after putting the phone in bedside mode, while I was still awake. When I checked my phone, it was still in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    Did you check boot time? Unless you were watching it, how do you know if it didn't restart?

05-18-13 09:50 AM
    @scorepion: tin foil is your friend

@john: there's absolutely no way your fone gets past the lock screen after a reboot. Impossible.

Sorry to disappoint you but it did get past my password. Absolutely. 100% certain of it. The phone was off, period. I held down the top button and watched it go off. And even if I didn't completely turn it off and it restarted it still would have stopped at the password screen. It didn't. When I woke up the phone was on, past the password screen.

When the phone reboots it goes off and restarts and you see the Blackberry logo with a ring going around it until it connects at the top. So unless there's a different reboot we should all know what it is.

P.S. I check the reboot time and the last one was 5:30 this morning. It woke me up and when I picked up the phone, it was already past the password screen.
    05-18-13 12:30 PM
    Sorry to disappoint you but it did get past my password. Absolutely. 100% certain of it. The phone was off, period. I held down the top button and watched it go off. And even if I didn't completely turn it off and it restarted it still would have stopped at the password screen. It didn't. When I woke up the phone was on, past the password screen.

When the phone reboots it goes off and restarts and you see the Blackberry logo with a ring going around it until it connects at the top. So unless there's a different reboot we should all know what it is.

P.S. I check the reboot time and the last one was 5:30 this morning. It woke me up and when I picked up the phone, it was already past the password screen.
    Then you've got what would seem to be yet another bug. I know when you're BES activated, if you force the password on personal space that it resets the timeout to that of the BES forced timeout but other than that it stays on. I can't see it turning off the password lock...I would be reloading if that were happening to me.
    05-18-13 01:18 PM
    Did you check boot time? Unless you were watching it, how do you know if it didn't restart?

I know because once I heard the notification I looked at the phone and saw that it was still in bedside mode. Therefore, it did not restart and I didn't need to look at the boot time.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 01:22 PM
    I am not having that problem on 1720/21.
    05-18-13 01:27 PM
    I know because once I heard the notification I looked at the phone and saw that it was still in bedside mode. Therefore, it did not restart and I didn't need to look at the boot time.

Posted via CB10
    OK. That's good info. Another bug it would seem. Have you reloaded?
    05-18-13 01:38 PM
    OK. That's good info. Another bug it would seem. Have you reloaded?
    No, I haven't reloaded. I might do so this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 06:32 PM
    I have to apologize...I was rethinking this and it would seem pretty silly that you *wouldn't* know that it was still in bedside mode when you heard it alert then looked at it :P
    05-18-13 08:14 PM
31 12