you are wrong! PERIOD!
    Good! Now, I'll try to help... looks like you're the first one who has this problem. Its obvious that it's a software problem.

What apps are currently installed in your phone?

(if you like me to help you)

Oh btw, can you take a photo shot of that thing? Just use other devices to take the photos if you don't mind.

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    03-28-13 06:44 PM
    she isn't using HUB++ just the latest *-003 OS version from Telus.

Also thx for the support, I'm sure there is a solution and perhaps a backup/wipe is an easy fix but I need to keep the calendar entries 100%.

As I understand it BB has fixed the contact group transfer problem but honestly it has become a sore spot and I don't want to risk calendar entries becoming corrupted.

Still the phone is waking up while in BSM. Not sure what else to say.
    03-28-13 06:50 PM
    This is what I see on bsm, I turn all notifications off

Bedside mode needs some changes!-img_00000140.png

Posted via CB10
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    03-28-13 06:51 PM
    nope. just seems like the phone randomly turns on and blasts us with light. even if it a message of some type while in bedside mode we shouldn't be bothered by it. For instance last night the phone lit up 3 times before I learned she always turns it upside down.

why would the phone light up in bedside mode?
    If a flea farts do you wake up too?
    pels_17 likes this.
    03-28-13 06:56 PM
    Good! Now, I'll try to help... looks like you're the first one who has this problem. Its obvious that it's a software problem.

What apps are currently installed in your phone?

(if you like me to help you)

Oh btw, can you take a photo shot of that thing? Just use other devices to take the photos if you don't mind.

ok
    03-28-13 06:57 PM
    honestly, why can't you turn the phone over and sleep like i have been for the last couple of years. no lights period! problem solved!
    she isn't using HUB++ just the latest *-003 OS version from Telus.

Also thx for the support, I'm sure there is a solution and perhaps a backup/wipe is an easy fix but I need to keep the calendar entries 100%.

As I understand it BB has fixed the contact group transfer problem but honestly it has become a sore spot and I don't want to risk calendar entries becoming corrupted.

Still the phone is waking up while in BSM. Not sure what else to say.
    Yeah, i think wiping and restore will solve the issue.

If a flea farts do you wake up too?
    only if its as stinky as you. seriously I wouldn't be complaining if a flea farted lol I don't hink my sense of smell is that good: besides its the brightness of the screen that wakes us up.
    AT_Nepal likes this.
    03-28-13 06:59 PM
    only if its as stinky as you. seriously I wouldn't be complaining if a flea farted lol I don't hink my sense of smell is that good: besides its the brightness of the screen that wakes us up.
    haha good sport, just trying to loosen the mood on this thread... you were getting a little tense there
    03-28-13 07:03 PM
    Yeah, i think wiping and restore will solve the issue.

I've taken some screen caps but waiting for LINK to sync and that apparently is taking its time. I think it may be possible that that the Android ports (calculators) may be dialling out, (just a guess). I don't want to signal anything out but that certainly is a possibility.
    03-28-13 07:04 PM
    haha good sport, just trying to loosen the mood on this thread... you were getting a little tense there
    sorry... just a battle between time and opportunity > opportunity lost

as in I someone wants to sleeeeeeep!
    BermudasBest likes this.
    03-28-13 07:05 PM
    K, Link hasen't sync'd yet but if anyone can confirm that it now does a complete backup of its calendar and contacts that would be helpful. Right now she has yahoo, active sync and "on phone" calendar+address book entries that need to be 100% restorable if I wipe.

Its been a bumpy ride from the beginning so I won't apologize, but any reassurance/experience is really appreciated.
    03-28-13 07:14 PM
    honestly, why can't you turn the phone over and sleep like i have been for the last couple of years. no lights period! problem solved!
    well thats a very good question. And that has apparently been the way for at least 2 weeks or longer. But last night the phone just kept lighting up every 15 min (makes me think its email related) and I thought that it should do this while in BSM.

I thought that I'd be solve her issue by putting it into BSM but soon after the phone turned on again. Something must be causing it but no app is running as an active frame so the HUB seems like the most likely to cause the problem.
    03-28-13 07:22 PM
    I agree, way to dim, still have my 9900 to help with bedside

? I have definitely not experienced this phenomenon. In fact, my problem is that I find the clock is rather dim Are you running other apps at night?
    03-28-13 07:24 PM
    well thats a very good question. And that has apparently been the way for at least 2 weeks or longer. But last night the phone just kept lighting up every 15 min (makes me think its email related) and I thought that it should do this while in BSM.

I thought that I'd be solve her issue by putting it into BSM but soon after the phone turned on again. Something must be causing it but no app is running as an active frame so the HUB seems like the most likely to cause the problem.
    Can't fault your logic. But bsm is meant to push the hub into the background so it doesn't do what you describe. Either you have a timid bsm or a hub on steroids. The wipe should fix it though.
    Let us know how it works out

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-28-13 07:34 PM
    I vaguely remember something like this happening the first few days I had my Z10 (on Feb. 5). I wasn't really familiar with BSM so the problem didn't really register. At the same time, I also had the issue where BB World wouldn't load apps and had to do a security wipe. I've never had BSM issues since then, and had totally forgot about the weird behavior that I think I saw until now that you're talking about it. I'm afraid the security wipe might be your only solution. Out of curiosity, does BB App world still let let you install new apps?

BB Link is getting much better with the last update. If it reports that it successfully backs up your phone, I think you are safe... <insert disclaimer here>. Good luck!
    03-29-13 01:42 AM
    Could be your phone is rebooting. On a reboot the phone will reset to normal mode.

Why don't you leave an app on overnight. Next time you get the problem look at the boot log and see if the active frame is still opens. If it is, it's not rebooting. In it isn't that's your problem.

I have the same issue. Every frigging night.

In process of solving the reboot issue, as to the lighting up
    Have the phone face down.

Mike posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:48 AM
    The problem with BSM was fixed by a simple restart of the phone, but oddly enough after restarting the phone it did light up once more (LMAO like it wasn't going to be fixed without a fight) but then it faded to black like it is supposed to and has been working fine. I tried sending messages to the phone, txt and BBM and neither messages or anything else woke the phone up!

Not sure what caused the glitch but maybe a little polishing is in order?
    03-30-13 11:13 AM
    I've noticed this on my phone as well. I think it has something to do with the random reboots. One night I charged my phone, put it in bedside mode turned the screen off and put it face down. I wake up to check my phone and the screen is on, still in bedside mode. I probably thought that I forgot to turn the screen off, but another time I did the same thing except left it facing up. I can't sleep when there's a little bit of light, something was odd, so I check my phone and the screen is on. ???
    04-10-13 09:14 PM
    Mine lights up at night also. I did another thread on this and it seems to be a common problem. It seems to do it more when it is fully charged and drains just a little. The phone display lights up for 5 seconds then shuts down in an effort to recharge. Seems to be software related not hardware. I have never had my phone randomly reboot.
    04-10-13 09:44 PM
45 12