I'm planning with my new BB z10 and I noticed that the bedside mode is not editable any more. For me that's really important feature that was in the previous models and is not present in the new Z10. What's important for me was the fact that I could set all notifications to be off and phone only to ring at low volume. Unfortunately the new phone's bedside mode is hard set to all notifications off. Can that be fixed? I was rubbing that into my brothers face ever since he switched to IPhone but now he's the one that's laughing.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-05-13 11:09 PM
    Not really editable, no. Furthermore, it no longer activates automatically when you plug it in to charge either. You have to manually select that each time. Not a great feature these days...
    02-06-13 06:48 AM
    we are hoping for an update from blackberry in regards for this... Kevin said he's been in contact with some of the right people at BB, so fingers crossed.
    02-06-13 07:59 AM
    Does anyone know if the clock can be stopped from disappearing completely in bedside mode? It would be nice to be able to look over and see the time instead of having to reach over and partially wake up the phone to do so. Thanks for any info.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-06-13 01:32 PM
    Does this mean that you can't edit the profiles, or show the dimmed clock in bedside mode? That is a BIG feature for me to keep work calls from disturbing sleep, and iPhone had just "caught up" with it (partially) with their "do not disturb" in 6.0.
    02-06-13 02:07 PM
    Does this mean that you can't edit the profiles, or show the dimmed clock in bedside mode? That is a BIG feature for me to keep work calls from disturbing sleep, and iPhone had just "caught up" with it (partially) with their "do not disturb" in 6.0.
    Yes right now, you can only shut everything off, no Phone only in bed side mode, and it has been addressed, and Kevin has a huge rant about it and has talked to some of the higher ups at BB to try to get answer and a fix...
    02-06-13 02:22 PM
    Who is Kevin? Can someone point to Kevin 's rant post?
    Thanks
    you sir name likes this.
    02-06-13 06:23 PM
    Who is Kevin? Can someone point to Kevin 's rant post?
    Thanks
    Thats kinda funny. Give a search for Kevin
    02-06-13 07:25 PM
    Thats kinda funny. Give a search for Kevin
    That is pretty good. Haha, I might be a "CrackBerry Newbie" but damn, at least I know who Kevin is. This is probably the best way to find out who Kevin is (the guy in the picture): How I'd like to see BlackBerry 10 come to the BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

EDIT: Looks like that post ironically flipped me over to be a simple CrackBerry User
    02-06-13 07:29 PM
    On my Torch 9800 I could set the phone to switch into bedside mode at midnight every night.
    Last night, I forgot to to swipe the Z10 into bedside mode and I also fell asleep without charging it. There had been sufficient charge on the battery, but by the time I awoke 6 hours later, the Z10 was totally dead.
    02-16-13 04:17 AM