I have been streaming a radio station on my BlackBerry Z10 yet when I check my data usage with the Roger's My Account application and even My Rogers from my notebook computer it still reports 0 KB used. Does anyone know if the first month of the 5GB Talk, Text, and Data plan is unlimited data?
    02-12-13 08:42 PM
    Is there any talk or data counters on this phone? I haven't found anything.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    my Sprint phone came w/ a built in use app called MySprint or something,,, w/ just a click it gives mins/megs/texts, etc...
    02-12-13 09:23 PM
    wow... in the past week, I have burned through 1.7GB of data... Now I'm abusing the data because I have 6GB of data, and I'm seeing what the threshold is, and my usage is going to change next week as I will be driving instead of being on a bus, so I won't be using my phone as much to and from work lol
    02-12-13 09:28 PM
    Yep. Found an app to check it.
    Over a gig already. Wow.
    I just got this thing.
    Box syncing videos must be watched, lol.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 09:30 PM
    I have been streaming a radio station on my BlackBerry Z10 yet when I check my data usage with the Roger's My Account application and even My Rogers from my notebook computer it still reports 0 KB used. Does anyone know if the first month of the 5GB Talk, Text, and Data plan is unlimited data?
    No, they just can't keep up with you. LOL
    02-12-13 09:32 PM
    I'm still with unlimited data, but even when I had the SGS2 I would rarely reach 1GB...I'm on wifi all day at work and of course at home, so that accounts for most of my use...
    02-12-13 09:37 PM
    What the **** are you guys doing?! lol
    They are watching **** sites of course ;-)
    02-13-13 09:14 PM
    Actually, most data is compressed even without BIS.

The http and https protocols support content compression, and almost all modern servers do it out-of-the-box. So when you are browsing, the pages are zipped by the webserver and unzipped on the phone. Most cloud-connected apps, such as weather apps, facebook, twitter, cloud storage and news/blog/rss readers use http or https behind the scenes, and will probably by default use compression unless they explicitly ask the server not to. Images, audio and video are always compressed, of course. As are many other formats such as Office 2007 files (docx/xlsx/pptx).

What is not compressed? Your e-mail, perhaps, depending on the configuration of your server. Some chat clients - how fast can you type? Plus DNS, for looking up server addresses, but that's almost nothing. And a few protocols less frequently used on phones, such as ftp, ssh, telnet etc.

If your data usage is up, it's probably mostly because you have a shiny new phone with lots of new features, a fast browser and a nice screen. And perhaps because of inevitable bugs in the OS and apps.
    What would be the average compression rate?
    03-20-13 09:40 PM
    That data collector on the Rogers app is broken. I called them about it and was told it will work at the start of my next billing cycle, which I am now passed and still says 0kb

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 09:53 PM
    Sorry guys, you can't have it both ways. Either use a content rich phone with LTE, fast browser which loads full pages and tons of data, or go back to an older BB which compresses data and it is much slower.
    Couldn't agree more!

The Z10 is my first power phone (I come from a long line of Pearls, Curves and Bolds... oh my!). However the minute I laid hands on that beautiful Z10 LTE wonder, I knew my poor little 50 MB data plan was about to experience some serious pain. Called Rogers and moved to a 2GB plan but then spent the next two weeks constantly policing my data usage out of fear of going over. Realized that I was handcuffing myself and upped it up to 6 GB (at no additional charge I might add.. you just gotta be persistent with the reps). Now I'm using the phone to its full potential and I LOVE IT! No worries of even coming close to my cap.
    03-20-13 10:00 PM
    You better call rogers something is not right. You dont want bill 1000 dollars
    03-20-13 10:18 PM
    I love it now everybody worried if they have enough data
    03-20-13 10:20 PM
    Never used more than 200 megs on my previous bb's all of which were on the bes. I realize compression is gone but I burned thru 800 megs in 15 days with Rogers. And I'm on wifi during business hours. Ugh.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-20-13 10:22 PM
    yes it will (:
    Last edited by Homo Erectus; 03-20-13 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    03-20-13 10:25 PM
    Yes it will dont worry be happy
    03-20-13 10:27 PM
40 12