Hello.

I was running BB10 OS 10.2.1.176 (yes, the leak) happily for about two months now. Today i found out there is a new BBM version and i upgraded. BBM stopped working. It was trying to start, was stopping immediately. After a bit of research i found out that this new BBM version is not compatible with the leak i was running, so i reinstalled the BBM version from the leak and everything returned to normal.

However i was itching after the new BBM, so using the wonderful Sachesi tool i upgraded to the official version (because my carrier did not release it yet). Unfortunately, even now, when i open BBM in BB World, it thinks i already have the latest version (10.3.3.68), and i only have an Open option, which, of course, opens the version that is actually installed, being 10.2.1.47.

My obvious question is what can i do in order to be able to install the latest and greatest BBM?
    Thank you.
    02-13-14 04:40 PM
    I have this same exact issue. I thought I was the only one. HELP US!!
    02-13-14 04:42 PM
    I have the same problem here, I am running the leak 10.2.1.176, yeah I know that there is an oficial 10.2.1, but in my country no operator has release it, even the 10.1 version, sad but true.

What can I do to reinstall bbm on my Z10?
    02-13-14 05:40 PM
    Go to blackberry world on the Web and look for BBM and install it from there. It will open bbworld on your phone and should allow you to update

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 05:44 PM
    I found and installed this bbm bar file and it works on my z10 10.2.1.176 leaked os.

https://mega.co.nz/#!yx5W3AbI!omRRju...81RqBs6bszRhLP
    02-13-14 06:32 PM
    It asks for a key to download... whats the key?
    02-13-14 08:45 PM
    Here you go mate, the BAR extracted from the leak, this should work:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!hF90jDzC!ESgh-C...n5ao8UNra1tI3M
    02-14-14 04:13 AM
    It was among the first things i tried (installing it from the Web, that is).
    Unfortunately the site says:

Internal Server Error
    An internal server error has been detected. Please try your operation again. (EC )
    To return to the home page please click here

Tried yesterday, tried today, tried with every imaginabile browser. But this is not a browser error...

Then i tried to access the link to BBM while i was already logged in BB World and it says: "The item is not available for your selected device." Of course, my selected device is Z10.

LATER EDIT: i realised i made a small mistake. I was choosing Blackberry Messenger, not BBM. Blackberry Messenger is only for BB OS phones, BBM is the name if you have a BB 10 phone.
    Last edited by orbazan; 02-14-14 at 05:14 AM.
    02-14-14 04:14 AM
    I could finally update BBM to the latest version through the online BB World. Very frustrating, gave me lots of "Please Sign In" (when i already did it like a zillion times), "Not available for bla bla", and WAY TOO MANY "Internal Server Error"-s. One could say I managed through sheer luck.

So the solution:
    1. for those running an older leak, please reinstall the older BBM from the link i provided in an earlier post
    2. if you really want the new BBM, upgrade to the latest official OS (if carrier has not released it yet, use the magnificent Sachesi)
    3. after you have the official 10.2.1 use the online BB World, arm yourself with lots of patience, and update BBM from there.

Cheers.
    ihys likes this.
    02-14-14 05:12 AM
    Is there a way to upgrade to official from leak without losing saved android files?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 11:43 AM
    I could finally update BBM to the latest version through the online BB World. Very frustrating, gave me lots of "Please Sign In" (when i already did it like a zillion times), "Not available for bla bla", and WAY TOO MANY "Internal Server Error"-s. One could say I managed through sheer luck.

So the solution:
    1. for those running an older leak, please reinstall the older BBM from the link i provided in an earlier post
    2. if you really want the new BBM, upgrade to the latest official OS (if carrier has not released it yet, use the magnificent Sachesi)
    3. after you have the official 10.2.1 use the online BB World, arm yourself with lots of patience, and update BBM from there.

Cheers.
    thanks for the advice i was able to install the bbm .bar file using Sachesi. I'm not able to update to the leaked OS .1925 using autoloader. How do i go about doing it using Sachesi, im not very familiar with it. is there a .bar file for the new bbm yet?

im on ATT and have STL100-3
    02-14-14 02:36 PM
    @ihys Yes, you can upgrade easily to the official, nothing gets lost, that is how i did it. Don't use autoloaders, that will wipe the phone.

@S_E_P_35 Just use this link, it applies for 10.2.1 as well: How to get the OS 10.2 update right now | CrackBerry.com
    Basically you choose Search, at Country and Carrier put one that has the official upgrade (like UK and O2) and click Download All. It will download all necessary .bar files, it is around 1 GB (you will find the files in the same directory where you have Sachesi, for me it created a directory 10.2.1.537). Then you go to Install tab, click on Folder, choose the folder where you have all the downloaded .bar files; the program will start automatically the upgrade. Now just look at the upgrade status (it will also show up on your phone) and wait till it is finished. For me it took @30 minutes or so. First restart took a veeery long time, 10-15 minutes, so just be patient Also the first 30 minutes or so after restart the phone seemed sluggish, but i started playing with it right away, so just give it a bit of time. No problems after that, a lot faster than the leak, which makes sense.
    Cheers.
    02-17-14 02:29 AM