05-03-13 09:58 AM
35 12
tools
    I had something similar to that, (brand new Z10, 2nd brand new one actually), every time I tried to set up BBM it gave me the same if not a very similar answer. I accidently fixed this by going into Settings and then my Blackberry ID and edited the first and last names of my BB ID which for some reason were "Place" and "Holster". I then saved the edit and tried BBM again......Now it works.
    02-23-13 12:36 PM
    Good lord. Mine is still down....
    02-23-13 09:31 PM
    Same issue happened with me Saturday early morning in Dubai, BBM had been working fine for a week then suddenly when I opened it it started giving me the Set up page for BBM which leads to the Temporary Server Issue page,my carrier (ETISALAT) claims that they are working on the issue with Blackberry although I am yet to see any explanation from Blackberry about what is causing this. I tried all possible fixes such as battery pull, restart, changing BBID pwd, turning network on and off, everything else on the phone is working fine such as internet browsing, FB application , sideloaded Whatsapp etc...what a great way for Z10 to start....
    02-23-13 10:56 PM
    UPDATE : I opened bbm and was given the option to restore my contacts which i did from my email (i had no idea if i had an updated contact list but given the fact that neither the carrier nor blackberry have a clue about whats happening , I opted to give it a try) , it restored everything as it was one day ago which is pretty fine for me....
    02-23-13 11:49 PM
    BBM still not working and still showing the same error "Temporary Server Error" when I select Restore using device switch. Should I just select continue and add all the contacts again or should i still wait for some magic to happen.
    02-24-13 12:46 AM
    BBM still not working and still showing the same error "Temporary Server Error" when I select Restore using device switch. Should I just select continue and add all the contacts again or should i still wait for some magic to happen.
    Dear Aswath,

Selecting CONTINUE will delete all your previous contacts so you will have to add them manually after that , this is my understanding.

I chose the "Restore from email" option and it gave me back all my contacts and it is working fine. I read on the internet that BBM 7.0 and above automatically syncs your contacts with the email account you you have configured on your phone. Thats probabely how i got back all my contacts. I had added a contact 2 hours prior to the outage and when I restored, that contact was in my list.

Best of Luck !
    02-24-13 03:10 AM
    Hamilton On.
    Still not working since Friday
    Aarrrgggh

Posted using my Z10 and CB10
    02-27-13 12:01 PM
    Did anyone find a fix to this problem yet?

Just switched to a new Z10 from a different one and it won't restore. "Temp Server Error" is all I'm getting when trying restoring with device switch or through email. I don't want to type in all my contacts separately.
    Last edited by TheBigHarvCombo; 03-01-13 at 03:54 PM.
    03-01-13 02:49 PM
    yesterday I was on the phone with Blackberry rep. for over 70 mins
    it created an ID case number and they are still working on it so far 8 days today with no BBM
    how can I not be Mad
    03-02-13 08:29 AM
    Well I am having the same issue here in Belgium now after a BBM outage, anybody found a fix, workaround? I am bout to reload the software if I cant find any clues...
    05-03-13 09:58 AM
35 12