I am experiencing a strange issue.

Everything was working fine until this morning, and then I received a BBM message, went to view it (I can see it in BBHub), but the BlackBerry Messenger app takes me to BBM Setup.

It just keeps saying "Temporary Server Error"

I have tried reinstalling BBM, no success, Tried rebooting/Battery Pull.. No success.
    02-22-13 10:59 PM
    I think it's a server issue. I've been having problems getting foursquare to connect to BBM after the update thankfully, BIS is not o landed for BBM in BB10, so it's similar to a whatsapp outage. On older BBs, everything would be down by now. And people are crying bloody murder about the loss of BIS lol. Getting rid of that thing was one of the best decisions BlackBerry made.
    02-22-13 11:05 PM
    I think there was s small glitch, but it resolves fairly quickly
    02-23-13 01:06 AM
    I had the similar problem, but that glitch cost me my groups in BBM :-s
    02-23-13 01:10 AM
    Hi am having the same problem "unable to complete setup"Temporary server error,everything was working fine but i woke up this morning and it is not connecting anymore ,any news about this problem cause seems it is not solved at all for the time being
    02-23-13 01:35 AM
    I am having the same issue as well.. BBM is stuck at " associating BBM with Blackberry ID" and after a while it turns to "Temprory Server error"
    02-23-13 01:58 AM
    I have been having the same issue since this afternoon (about 9 hours now). I can't access BBM. Clicking on any exisiting BBM chats or clicking on BBM puts me into "BBM setup". If I click "Cancel" it boots me back out, and and if I click "Setup" I immediately get a "Temporary Server Error". Tried pulling the battery, powering up and down, turning the network connections on and off. Tried using Blackberry Link to reload BBM off my old phone, nothing. Any other ideas? BBM is totally locked up.
    02-23-13 02:04 AM
    I have been having the same issue since this afternoon (about 9 hours now). I can't access BBM. Clicking on any exisiting BBM chats or clicking on BBM puts me into "BBM setup". If I click "Cancel" it boots me back out, and and if I click "Setup" I immediately get a "Temporary Server Error". Tried pulling the battery, powering up and down, turning the network connections on and off. Tried using Blackberry Link to reload BBM off my old phone, nothing. Any other ideas? BBM is totally locked up.
    I did the same thing .. not to mention that the BBM is locked and it's impossiple to back it up...
    02-23-13 02:12 AM
    I got thr new Z10 from Dubai and BBM worked fine (all contacts were updated) until today, when BBM stopped working and I have been receiving a "Temporary Server Error" The message "Temporary Server Error" has been appearing all day. Please help.
    I am living in India. Is this a phoen issue or carrier issue?
    02-23-13 03:17 AM
    Had the same issue but everything seems to be fine but I did lose my groups.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 03:22 AM
    Did you have to do something to make it work or it started working automatically.
    02-23-13 03:54 AM
    I am having the same issue. Over 12 hrs now since I have been able to access bbm. For a while it would ask me to set up my account, and then after choosing the email address, it would say Temporary server issue. Now it doesn't even give me the option to set up, just goes directly to temporary server issue and I have no option but to close bbm. Very strange how I am receiving bbm's in the hub, but cannot reply to them. I hope this issue is resolved quickly. No one else that I know who has the Z10 is having this problem.
    02-23-13 04:01 AM
    I am having the same issue and none of my friends are having this problem. Is it a carrier issue or a phone issue. Please provide solution.
    02-23-13 04:06 AM
    I am having the same issue and none of my friends are having this problem. Is it a carrier issue or a phone issue. Please provide solution.
    It's definitely not a phone issue. It might be that the BBM app needs an update or maybe the servers that handle BB10 are down, who knows. It's definitely not a phone (hardware) issue.
    02-23-13 04:33 AM
    As stated on the other post, I did a battery pull, took the sim out and it worked.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 05:22 AM
    After 8 hours of trying, finally it started, BUT I lost all of my BBM contacts!!
    02-23-13 05:29 AM
    Same issue, I went to bed and it was fine. The phone is 2 days old and I am loving it. Woke up this morning to this "Temporary Server" issue and it is still not working 8 hours later. Does anybody have a fix for it yet? or any idea if it is even being worked on?

Many Thanks
    02-23-13 05:56 AM
    there has been a problem with a carrier yesterday, and it seem some subscribers are reporting the same problem, there is a chance the problem is with RIM/Blackberry service
    02-23-13 05:59 AM
    8 hours later still having the same problem

Posted via CB10
    Johnnyboy5 likes this.
    02-23-13 07:04 AM
    This is getting annoying .. Blackberry didn't even post an official statement in this regard. My phone now is totally useless.
    02-23-13 07:24 AM
    No problems here, groups still on my phone and all contacts...no outage suffered here yesterday either. Hope you guys get it figured out.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 07:45 AM
    There was a mild bbm outage yesterday. If you're still having issues today then do a battery pull.
    02-23-13 07:55 AM
    Maybe you missed when most of us already said we did those.
    This is a worldwide problem affecting approx 50% of BBM users according to blackberry

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 08:04 AM
    Pull battery... fixed

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 08:05 AM
    Had the same issue, kicked out to initial BBM setup. Wouldnt give me anything but a server error when trying to setup via device switch and my saved local file... so after getting abit desperate (need to bbm my ex for plans with kid) I tried the email option. It worked!! Only problem was it loaded what looks like a BBM contact list from 2 years ago. 6 contacts, none whome have Blackberry's anymore and all my real contacts are gone. Worst part is there looks to be NO way to reset BBM to reload this data from my device switch.

I really do not want to device wipe to get back to the login screen for BBM....but I see NO options to log out of your BBID or anything that would get me back to BBM setup screen. Anybody?
    02-23-13 09:13 AM
35 12