Hello everyone.. when I send a picture through bbm, it gets resized up to 8 - 10 kb, which means it is really too small for the receiver.
    is there anything I can set to avoid this?
    the bbm7 on bold is sending 30 kb pictures, that is quite good.
    thanx
    02-28-13 07:34 AM
    Everything I'm seeing on the subject (I'm sure you may have seen this as well) is that the receiver must request a High Quality version upon receiving the picture.

View a larger version of a picture that you received - User Guide - BlackBerry Messenger - 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3

I'll keep looking. Strange that there isn't a straight forward way to send a full resolution pic over BBM.
    pandapurple likes this.
    02-28-13 07:49 AM
    02-28-13 07:54 AM
    Hello everyone.. when I send a picture through bbm, it gets resized up to 8 - 10 kb, which means it is really too small for the receiver.
    is there anything I can set to avoid this?
    the bbm7 on bold is sending 30 kb pictures, that is quite good.
    thanx
    Dude, it's been like this for years, the other person gets to request the full quality if they wish. On Z10 hold your finger on the received picture for the option to pop up.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    02-28-13 08:05 AM
    Everything I'm seeing on the subject (I'm sure you may have seen this as well) is that the receiver must request a High Quality version upon receiving the picture.

View a larger version of a picture that you received - User Guide - BlackBerry Messenger - 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3

I'll keep looking. Strange that there isn't a straight forward way to send a full resolution pic over BBM.
    Not strange at all, what if the other person is roaming? What if they don't want the full quality

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 08:08 AM
    Not strange at all, what if the other person is roaming? What if they don't want the full quality

Posted via CB10
    Data budgets understood, it still feels a bit constrained. I suppose it's just part of the BBM premise - real time conversation. If you want full quality, request it - you're probably at attention anyway. If you want multiple, full resolution pictures someone can email you a zipped photo album or a dropbox share link.
    02-28-13 08:30 AM
    Thank for the replies, i understand the roaming issue, data savings, but 10 kb is way too small in my opinion, around 30 kb was a perfect deal for quality and data usage, at least you could understand what was in the picture.. Thank you everyone
    02-28-13 09:44 AM
    Thank for the replies, i understand the roaming issue, data savings, but 10 kb is way too small in my opinion, around 30 kb was a perfect deal for quality and data usage, at least you could understand what was in the picture.. Thank you everyone
    Thanks for this old thread. Gotta love this forum to have the right answers. Not sure if something has changed since you tried this ... just want to share that I tested with 3 pics, and the file sizes were 21KB, 17KB and 26KB. It appears as if it doesn't matter whether the original picture has been resized.

PS: I've noted that receivers can request for higher resolution pic.
    03-16-13 08:32 PM