This will sound silly but I can't find the BBM add contact button. I only have the invite...I know there was a add contact before but not sure exactly when it was changed or hidden.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:35 PM
    Open BBM to the open conversation screen and hit the overflow button....the three dots.
    You'll find it there.
    11-05-13 04:38 PM
    In what context?
    Do you want to accept an invitation?
    Or I'm guessing you mean to send a new invitation to a would-be new contact?

Open BBM.
    Open overflow menu (i.e. 3 dots, bottom right corner).
    Top option should be Invite to BBM.
    Merryl23 likes this.
    11-05-13 04:38 PM
    Pretty sure this has changed since bbm 6 on BBOS, but you can still add PIN contact from your address book and it adds to bbm?
    11-05-13 04:39 PM
    I don't want the invite, I want the add contact....i do not have it in my overflow.. three little dots...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:40 PM
    Open BBM to the open conversation screen and hit the overflow button....the three dots.
    You'll find it there.
    Actually any of the main screens in BBM app have it as an option in overflow:
    Chats, Updates, Groups, Invites, Contacts.

(Only exception for now is the Channels "page." But Channels is still in beta, so maybe it will be there too when released officially.)
    11-05-13 04:42 PM
    BBM question-img_00000833.png

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:43 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000833.png 
Views:	518 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	217704

Posted via CB10
    You don't see Invite to BBM there as the top option?
    11-05-13 04:46 PM
    Please everyone.. I see the invite..what I want is the ADD CONTACT.... I already have the pin#'s, so I just want to add them to my BBM contacts. I don't want to invite them...
    BBM question-img_00000834.png

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:49 PM
    Please everyone.. I see the invite..what I want is the ADD CONTACT.... I already have the pin#'s, so I just want to add them to my BBM contacts. I don't want to invite them...
    That's what Invite to BBM will do. It won't start a BBM Chat with anybody. It will open a message and you can input/paste their PIN or search it in your contacts.
    11-05-13 04:52 PM
    Click invite, type in the pin.

This will add them and they still have to accept. You can't just add a pin and instant access to someone.

The old wording wording was to ad a pin, but this still invited them as it were.

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. Pin:2B30530D http://geekphreek.com
    Elite1 likes this.
    11-05-13 04:53 PM
    That's what Invite to BBM will do. It won't start a BBM Chat with anybody. It will open a message and you can input/paste their PIN or search it in your contacts.
    That's what I thought and have been doing. When I do that the new contact person replys why have I invited them knowing I already have their pin number. Then they have to hit the accept button. All I want to do is add all my new contacts into BBM. Maybe this feature is no longer available in z10... I can't remember the last time I used the add feature but I do know that I have...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:59 PM
    Click invite, type in the pin.

This will add them and they still have to accept. You can't just add a pin and instant access to someone.

The old wording wording was to ad a pin, but this still invited them as it were.

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. Pin:2B30530D http://geekphreek.com
    Ok...thanks...I thought I was luu luu...hahaha

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 05:01 PM
    It isn't a feature that's missing on bb10, its a security feature. Having to re-invite prevents people who have somehow got hold of your pin adding themeselves without your permission.
    11-05-13 05:01 PM
    That's what I thought and have been doing. When I do that the new contact person replys why have I invited them knowing I already have their pin number. Then they have to hit the accept button. All I want to do is add all my new contacts into BBM. Maybe this feature is no longer available in z10... I can't remember the last time I used the add feature but I do know that I have...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this is how it works.

They have to Accept and then they will be a BBM Contact of yours, and you of theirs.

No idea why they're replying to you like that. You'd have to ask them. Plus you can ask them if you're already in their BBM Contacts list if they don't hit Accept. If not, why are they complaining?!? It doesn't happen by magic.

NOTE: You only have to do this once per contact! After they accept, they will remain in your BBM Contacts list.
    11-05-13 05:03 PM
    Ok...this makes sense to me know. the old BBM wording was add pin and now it's invite.

I belong to a group and we all have listed our pin #'s for everyone to add to their contacts. I guess we were all a little confused on how this works vrs the wording. Thanks everyone for the help.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    11-05-13 05:08 PM
    You got it!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 05:14 PM
    Or if you already have them as a bbm contact.. open their profile,go to the barcode page ( theirs ) hold your finger down on thier barcode, select copy. Open contacts , find the contact or create a new one, hold your finger down in the "blackberry pin" field hit paste. Save contact.
    11-05-13 05:16 PM
    This conversation outlines pretty well what the problems with the BBM invitation process are, in particular since BBM went cross platform.
    Many non-BB-users (and apparently also BB users) simply don't know or don't understand the concept of having to invite somebody who then will have to accept the invitation. Even if both pins are known by both individuals!
    Yes it is a security concept that serves a good purpose. However, people are just not used to it, after years of convenience with Whatsapp & co.!
    I had to explain this to basically ALL of my friends who I wanted to become connected to me through BBM. Many of them hated the concept ("in Whatsapp, all this goes by itself. Why do I have to make my life more complicated now?"). Some didn't care and I think only one of them told me that he liked the concept because of no longer having to give his phone number away if not wanted.
    As discussed in other threads, the invitation process has to be made clearer, easier to understand & to handle by BBRY.
    And lots of mindsetting work has to be done by BBM users who want to convince others to use BBM, especially those on non-BB-platforms.
    11-05-13 05:55 PM