Hey CrackBerry world been awhile since I've posted. I recently just got the Z10 and transferred my BBM contacts I was wondering if it a still possible to transfer my old BBM pin on my torch to my z10. I know it can be done so please don't give me those answers "You can't every pin is unique and attached to your Phone". I've transferred my BBM pin before from my BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 to my Torch 9800 with blackberry desktop manager somehow awhile back it just said would I like to transfer my pin something like that. Looking for a solid answer thanks guys!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 05:41 PM
    I'm sorry to be the first to tell you what you already know but...... each pin is unique to the device. You cannot transfer your pin.

You must be confused when you transferred from storm to torch. Maybe it transferred your contacts, settings, and BBM contact list.

But the pin in not transferable it is a device id. Just like the device imei. It's how blackberry and your carrier identify that particular handset.

Maybe it transferred your bbid. But thinking about it, I don't think bbid was around in the days of the storm.

I've had a BlackBerry for over 10 years starting with the mobitex 950. Trust me, you cannot transfer the pin.

Posted on a Post It!
    04-27-13 05:55 PM
    I've never heard of someone being able to transfer pin.. The pin even comes on the back of the phone next to the IMEI, I've even seen it in the outside packaging of the phone next to the serial, IMEI etc. Furthermore suggesting it's an unique number. But as far as I know and sorry to repeat it again. PIN s are unique to each BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:03 PM
    Yes, whatever you did with Desktop Manager, you did not change the device PIN. But word to the wise, if you find some software that is supposed to have the function for changing the PIN, forget about it. In fact forget about changing the PIN. The others above are correct.
    04-27-13 06:13 PM
    This always frustrates me when people ask, because they're so sure that it's possible to transfer the actual pin from one device to another.

YOU CAN NOT TRANSFER A BLACKBERRY PIN TO ANOTHER BLACKBERRY. THE PIN IS DEVICE SPECIFIC, IT IS PART OF YOUR BLACKBERRY.
    04-27-13 06:19 PM
    Mm maybe I did something else I guess, I was so sure you could its too bad you can't keep your old pin mine was easy to remember. I'll just have to use the new pin thanks for the reply guys

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 08:54 PM
    You are welcome

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 09:01 PM
    I seem to remember the desktop software asking a question something along the lines of switching when it detected a new BlackBerry, but the prompt was in the context of remembering the new device and forgetting the old one, I believe. That is likely what you remember.
    04-27-13 09:07 PM