When I set a BBM profile picture it decreases the quality so so so much it gets so bad guys look this is the real picture :

BBM Pictures quality problem-img_00000043_hdr.jpg

And this is it on BBM :

BBM Pictures quality problem-img_00000113.png

What to do???

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:27 AM
    choose another picture and set it. Then go back to this one and set it again. sometimes it takes two tries before the blurriness goes away. Don't ask me why. I just know I have done it like that
    12-10-13 07:06 AM
    choose another picture and set it. Then go back to this one and set it again. sometimes it takes two tries before the blurriness goes away. Don't ask me why. I just know I have done it like that
    I got this problem but sending pictures, when I send pictures to my mom (iPhone) via BBM I always have to change to mms or whatsapp due to low quality pictures when sending... any ideas on how to solve?
    12-10-13 07:14 AM
    The person that received the pic has to tap to request higher quality. It's a little weird but saves a lot of data when sending pics
    12-10-13 07:26 AM
    Still blurred..

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:26 AM
    The person that received the pic has to tap to request higher quality. It's a little weird but saves a lot of data when sending pics
    Is that on the options of bbm?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:11 PM
    That option is not available for BBM Groups.

I have been trying so hard to keep my friends on BBM. But they would go back to WhatsApp when posting pics to group, just because the pics look better there.
    12-10-13 08:44 PM
    Yeah, this is a problem, at times. Should have an option ad to the quality of the picture to upload.

As someone else pointed out, the recipient can request a better quality picture, on individual chats.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:50 PM
    Request for HQ when you want to send original picture file to BBM friend! It's the receiver decision; he/she should touch and hold the picture preview and scroll to request HQ
    12-10-13 08:56 PM
    Guys back to the subject I am not talking about the HQ photos in the chat iam talking about the BBM profile picture!!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:52 PM
    Guys back to the subject I am not talking about the HQ photos in the chat iam talking about the BBM profile picture!!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the clarification; I had missed that you mentioned profile pictures, specifically.

FWIW, this is a thumbnail only picture, so it looks fine in the app. Only you can see the difference, and only when you are editing your profile picture.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:23 AM
    Thanks for the clarification; I had missed that you mentioned profile pictures, specifically.

FWIW, this is a thumbnail only picture, so it looks fine in the app. Only you can see the difference, and only when you are editing your profile picture.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Also if you have the latest bbm with channels, if you changed your DP you will see it in the updates you can click on it to show the full picture, it's not pixilated or blurry as you see it when you're inside your profile

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:50 AM