Hi guys,

I have been relying on BBM for my mobile communications in the office for some time now, but i wanted to take a look at using the built in Glympse feature for tracking. What i would like to see is a trail or the places i have been sort of like many gps trackers when going hiking and such, drawing a line as to where i have been today.

What i have noticed is that people with blackberries that allow others to "glympse" on them by people with iPhones using bbm actually draws out a map of where they have been. On the other hand, Blackberry to blackberry is the complete opposite, only shows the arrow of where the individual is and not where they have been.

Ideally i want to make use of the tracking system when going to and from meetings and such, but i am not quite sure why the blackberry will not track and draw out on a map of the individual.

If someone has an individual with an android device with bbm installed, i would be curious as to the results of a android bbm glympse and the results displayed back to the blackberry. If anyone wants to share this detail that would be awesome!

Any thoughts guys?
    rai187 likes this.
    05-07-14 05:20 PM
    I tried Glympse and was seriously disappointed. Nothing at all like Latitude, which I loved. I haven't tried it on Android yet.
    05-07-14 06:55 PM
    Glympse doesn't work like that, it isn't a social mapping app. It just let's the recipient know where you are and to expect when you will get there.

Posted via CB10
    vgorous likes this.
    05-07-14 07:32 PM
    I tried Glympse and was seriously disappointed. Nothing at all like Latitude, which I loved. I haven't tried it on Android yet.
    Do you mind installing Bbm on your Android device and allow your BlackBerry to glympse the device. I am curious as to if we will have a tracking trail of the android device moving around.

thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 07:45 PM
    I've already got BBM on it. I'll check tomorrow.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    05-07-14 07:57 PM
    I've already got BBM on it. I'll check tomorrow.

Hi there

Any luck today with the test?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 07:43 PM
    Bring back Google services and Lattitude! We want Google Maps too. Not BeMaps Pro. Google Services should be a standard feature today for every business minded consumer today, especially when you travel,etc.
    Google...get your act together and start providing your services to we BlackBerry users. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:10 PM
    Bring back Google services and Lattitude! We want Google Maps too. Not BeMaps Pro. Google Services should be a standard feature today for every business minded consumer today, especially when you travel,etc.
    Google...get your act together and start providing your services to we BlackBerry users. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    If you have Google services then you will get Google ads in every app and YOUR data will be sent continously even if you don't want...
    Android is built around Google services!

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    05-09-14 01:21 PM
    Glympse doesn't work like that, it isn't a social mapping app. It just let's the recipient know where you are and to expect when you will get there.

Posted via CB10
    This is how I've always perceived this as.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 01:23 PM
    Hi there

Any luck today with the test?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does. This is how my BlackBerry saw my SGIII.

BBM Glympse -- Missing tracking like the iPhone counterpart-img_20140509_143428.jpg

05-09-14 01:37 PM
    Is this because BlackBerry for security reasons won't do what iOS and Android do?

If I share my Glympse I don't want people to know everywhere I have been. I want them to know where I currently am.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 01:43 PM
    However, the BlackBerry does not show tracking for the SGIII. Just sees location.

BBM Glympse -- Missing tracking like the iPhone counterpart-img_20140509_144117.png

05-09-14 01:43 PM
    Is this because BlackBerry for security reasons won't do what iOS and Android do?

If I share my Glympse I don't want people to know everywhere I have been. I want them to know where I currently am.

Posted via CB10
    That might be the most apparent assumption.

05-09-14 01:45 PM
    And the iPhone does the same thing as the SGIII

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    05-09-14 02:04 PM
    The Glympse android app works perfectly. It's a bit if a hassle to copy the URL. So yes I would like to see the feature in bbm.
    But this is a good replacement

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 02:47 PM
    However, the BlackBerry does not show tracking for the SGIII. Just sees location.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140509_144117.png 
Views:	375 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	268963

This is exactly the kind if thing I was talking about! I am not quite sure why we do not have tracking available as BBM is a BlackBerry thing. Thanks for posting those screen shots as it confirms my suspicions about iPhone and Android being able to track each other.

Now the real question remains, what guess BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 07:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you there. If they do change it, I hope they make it optional so I can leave the default to only show current location and where I'm going, not where I've been. I totally see that being abused (it'll show up in a crime tv show and lead to finding the culprits).

Also, those fat squiggly marks that overwrite themselves looks like chicken scratch. I guess if it was showing going from one town to another over a long highway, it would probably look more useful.
    05-09-14 08:49 PM
    What the heck happened to your profile?
    05-10-14 11:41 AM
    What the heck happened to your profile?
    Who and what are you referring to?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 06:12 PM
    Who and what are you referring to?
    Posted via CB10
    That was directed at Debbie. I thought I had quoted her, but thanks to you I know I didn't. Cheers

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    05-10-14 06:33 PM