I have been using the new Z10 for more than a week now and everything has just worked fine.
    But today, around 7.30pm CET BBM stopped working. I get an error message that I would need a data plan:

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/132/img00000050.png/][/URL]

My Carrier: Swisscom (Switzerland)
    The error occurs on 2G, 3G, 4G an Wifi...

Anyone experiencing the same problem?
    03-05-13 02:57 PM
    My BBM stopped working today and forced me to update my BBID this was on legacy os and may or may not have anything to do with your issue.
    03-05-13 03:21 PM
    I hate to state the obvious, but do you?
    03-05-13 03:21 PM
    I used it without BIS for more than a week now. BBM does no longer require BIS or does it?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 12:27 AM
    New Z10 and BB10 OS does not require BIS anymore. BBM does work with wifi as well...(worked for me even without a sim card...discovered this while swapping out my sim to another device and still received bbm's)
    03-06-13 12:38 AM
    I justed tested this. It's not working without SIM, WiFi only either.
    I got my Z10 on Feb 22 with BIS still active from my previous Bold 9900. Deactivated BIS onl Feb 23.
    Now BBM worked until yesterday evening. I don't think this is a carrier problem since it's not working without SIM either.
    03-06-13 12:53 AM
    All you require (or should require) is a valid BBID and wifi...

See post: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1/#post8051322
    03-06-13 12:59 AM
    I know that. And it had worked until yesterday evening.

What happened was: The device suddenly rebooted with any action from my side. After the reboot BBM stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 01:48 AM
    how about your settings?
    settings - network connections - mobile network.
    mobile network and data services should be ON.

G-luck
    03-06-13 04:32 AM
    Check out the screenshot I attached to this thread. Mobile Network is on. Everything works except BBM.
    I will try to perform an OS reload now.
    03-06-13 05:42 AM
    I am having the same issue! Did you ever get this resolved? If so how? Also, how did you take a snapshot of your screen?
    03-06-13 06:15 AM
    I am having the same issue! Did you ever get this resolved? If so how? Also, how did you take a snapshot of your screen?
    OK "great" to hear I am not the only one. No haven't been able to get it resolved. Just did a security wipe, still the same thing. What carrier do you have?
    You can take a snapshot by pressing both Volume buttons (+ and -) at the same time.
    03-06-13 07:00 AM
    I'm having the same problem, updated my z10 yesterday with a unprovisioned sim, then re inserted my original sim after the update and everything worked perfectly until today. Now everything works except bbm.
    BBM Error on the Z10-img_00000106.png

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 01:21 PM
    update: my problem is fixed!
    Maybe the OP is something with this info:

I reinserted the 'unprovisioned sim' from another carrier with which I did the update to 10.0.10.90 to see if maybe there was another update that would fix the BBM issue. There was not, but I tried to start BBM again while this sim was still in the Z10: same problem.

Then I noticed a extra Icon on my homepage with the name of the provider: I could not resist clicking it, it went through some questions and options about texting and I guess data, I clicked on 'sms' and on 'news' and then on 'ok'... recieved the message 'session ended' and that was it...

I have no idea what happened, but when I clicked on BBM again, it showed 'setting up' or something for a brief moment and then there it was..: BBM in all it's working glory...

Switched back to my normal sim on my normal network, and it still works...

So maybe the stuff I did with the extra icon fixed it, or maybe it just needed to be on the unprovisioned network sim a little bit longer to configure bbm, i don't know but now it works...

So if the OP or any other that have a non working BBM did an update with a sim from another network before the problems began, maybe you can try inserting that sim again for a short while and try this?

Good luck!
    03-07-13 02:15 PM
    OK, I spoke too soon I think... I'm having the same problem again, but here's another possible culprit:

My provider probably does not allow BBM using their apn (as they are not officially supporting the Z10 yet), so I will have to call them to let BBM through.
    Another provider in my country (Proximus) had the same problem and calling them seemingly fixed it (read it on http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8086225).

I'll give that a try tomorrow as now it's too late to call them...
    03-07-13 02:26 PM
    What happens if you disable the mobile network and are on Wiki only? Because the APN only matters when using the mobile network. Neither Wifi nor mobile network is working for me. I have tried it with several SIM cards from at least three carriers, same result.

This must be some server issue on the Blackberry side.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 02:38 PM
    What happens if you disable the mobile network and are on Wiki only? Because the APN only matters when using the mobile network. Neither Wifi nor mobile network is working for me. I have tried it with several SIM cards from at least three carriers, same result.

Posted via CB10
    if i disable the mobile network and only use wifi I also have the problem, but if I put back the sim I used to do the update, then it works...
    03-07-13 02:45 PM
    Thats weird since i got my z10 never put a sim in but bbm works flawlessly with wifi,even after update to 10.0.10.85 via BlackBerry Link

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 02:47 PM
    I would do a reload to factory settings without sim in via web update or blackberry link,don't choose to update if it asks u during the reload,when your finished put the wifi on without sim see if it works then if it does put your current network sim in

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    03-07-13 02:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    but if I remove the sim completely and reboot without a sim, then it works again... I think it has to do with the fact that there is no APN filled in at that point?

Did you try without a sim? if it works without a sim for you too, then surely the apn of the provider must have something to do with it?
    03-07-13 02:53 PM
    I would do a reload to factory settings without sim in via web update or blackberry link,don't choose to update if it asks u during the reload,when your finished put the wifi on without sim see if it works then if it does put your current network sim in

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I'll try that but i'm afraid I'll revert back to 10.0.9.xxx instead of 10.0.10.90?
    In any case I'll wait until tomorrow when I can phone my provider to see if they can fix the issue, it seems it's only BBM that is having problems with their apn and the other 2 providers in Belgium already fixed it apparently...
    Official launch date here is April 1st... if needed I think I can hold on without BBM, everything else seems to work perfectly.
    03-07-13 03:19 PM
    I am a new user of Z10.. I just bought it last week.. but my phone has a manufacturing defect and is getting swapped. the problem is i am unable to switch my device from z10 to torch 2.. how to switch.. can any body help plzz.
    03-07-13 03:24 PM
    A reload doesn't change anything. I've tried that....

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    03-07-13 03:29 PM
    Use of BBM and BlackBerry services such as protect do require the services to be assigned by the carrier.

It can work on WiFi without a SIM provided that services were assigned prior to removing the SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    03-07-13 03:57 PM
    Actually BBM worked before I Even inserted a SIM. Why would I do that? I got the Z10 one day prior to the Micro SIM.

So i don't think that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 04:36 PM
45 12