12-11-13 07:05 AM
54 123
tools
    Did they update to the latest version? Seems to have resolved a lot of issues outstanding. Personally I have a few minor errors with channel tabs and being unable to leave channels but other than that no issues. Would like to see some features added but as far as functionality seems to work well with other users on Android/iOS devices. My experience may differ from yours though as I'm using it on the device it was originally intended for.

BlackBerry Z10 (Z30 inbound) | 10.2.1.1055 | C0006E212
    The argument of it being for the device it was originally intended for seems to lose a little traction when the programme was released for additional platforms by the original developer. If it was a case of someone sideloading it and it not working as intended I could see that but BlackBerry released BBMX so one has to think that they released the correct version of the app to the correct devices and you would be hard pressed to convince me that BBRY didn't intend for BBM to be used on an iphone or Android device when they released the software themselves.
    12-06-13 01:18 PM
    But..u had zero contacts and stopped using bbm when u posted the OP not so?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-06-13 02:13 PM
    Before BBM went cross platform I had zero contacts. I literally know no one who has a BlackBerry in my area.

Once BBMX started I was able to add 14 contacts. Half of my contacts left because of flaws. The rest of us decided to switch back to sms and mms with the rest of the crew, where it is less buggy for the majority of us.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 02:41 PM
    My friend just told me his bbm keeps closing on his android.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 03:35 PM
    Interesting to hear because the smoothness of BBM on my DamnDung compared to the stuttering mess that was the rest of that device was a definite factor in my decision to switch to BB10 -- and I'm sure glad I did!

Sorry to hear your friends apparently aren't as cool as mine, OP.
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-06-13 04:26 PM
    BBM is an excellent messenger. Unfortunately for me, while I managed to get a lot of people I know to download it, if not everyone on my contact list uses it, it's redundant for me. If I want to message Jason, Mike, and Darryl , but Jason doesn't BBM then I need to use SMS. Or they all have it but Darryl replies with SMS instead of BBM then Jason does too then Mike BBMs again after reading the SMS it gets to be too much. Secondly, I'm OCD and couldn't stand having the little icon cluttering my top bar. I still use it when I'm messaging a BB user since it's so fast and works great but honestly I haven't enabled it in over a week because it wasn't getting used.
    12-06-13 05:34 PM
    I don't mean to be warlike, but most of these replies, especially those who mention my name, are incredibly foolish.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    12-06-13 09:24 PM
    I still prefer WhatsApp by a long shot.

Posted via CB10
    WanShark69 likes this.
    12-06-13 11:32 PM
    I was, at the time, excited when BlackBerry announced BBM going cross platform. I rounded up all my friends and relatives and told them to download the app once it was available. About a week after the release of BBM on Apple and Android phones, I had 14 friends added, from zero. I now have zero, again. I even stopped using it.

The app is still buggy, even with the new update including "channels", which is also another complete failure. I heard people (friends) saying they receive a message multiple times, not receiving messages at all, or they're unable to open the app.

This is what you call an 'instant' messenger? I don't think so.

It's embarrassing to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    Wow your friends are not very nice. To drop you like that? Once BBM went cross platform I deleted what'scrap, and buried the text icon.

It's only BBM.

STL-3 Z10 | Rogers | 10.2.1.1055
    12-06-13 11:49 PM
    Don't be a grammar snob if you can't get your own grammar correct.

You might have had an argument had you said: "I would critique your post as well, but there are too many grammatical errors to correct."

By saying "there's (there is) too many..." you are referencing plural objects with the singular third person present tense conjugation of "to be".
    12-07-13 12:22 AM
    @Jes, I would critique your post as well but there's too many grammatical errors to correct.

Posted via CB10
    Don't be a grammar snob if you can't get your own grammar correct.

You might have had an argument had you said: "I would critique your post as well, but there are too many grammatical errors to correct."

By saying "there's (there is) too many..." you are referencing plural objects with the singular third person present tense conjugation of "to be".
    12-07-13 12:24 AM
    Touche. One point for you.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 01:45 AM
    BBM on BlackBerry is good and never lags or crashes but there are a few missing features from BBOS.

The ability to not show contact name in chat bubbles to save space and show more messages in screen, bubble colours were nice too, font colours would be a great add.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:19 AM
    BBM is the main course of IM between my Zed10 and my wife's iPhone 4s. Works flawlessly! Now i-message is another story, you wanna talk about buggy....

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:41 AM
    I find that my contacts still prefer using WhatsApp, iMessage or Facebook Messenger to anything else. I did promote BBM but people are comfortable with what they’re using and aren’t willing to switch to yet another thing. The pin idea is novel but someone with hundreds of contacts doesn’t want to recreate the wheel to accommodate an application that they may or may not like.

The sad thing is, there are so many new apps that get rolled out daily on iOS and Android that if something annoys you, it’s removed with a simple click.
    12-10-13 08:58 AM
    I think a lot can be attributed to user error, not saying this is what your issue is; however this is what I've experienced.

One of my BBM group chats breaks down like this.
    2 ppl with Z10s
    4 ppl with iphones
    2 with droid

The z10 guy and myself communicated pretty much daily leading up to BBMx. Never any issues.

We started a group a couple days after launch. 1 Droid guy had minor issues, but he was really happy to have BBM again. Once he updated his BBM he never had another complaint, and is interested in BB10 again as an option for new OS.

The iPhone guys had an assortment of issues, especially 1 guy who we know not to be the brightest. Eventually we realized the main problems were the iPhone group not truly knowing/keeping their phones up to date. They hadn't all updated to iOS7, then there was that weird thing Apple did by removing support of a font, and finally guys force shutting the app. Even when we were having issues with pix it was the iPhone guys who were having issues with not receiving, and pic quality.

Now that we are all on the latest and greatest there have been no issues. Everyone is happy. Even the one hostile guy.

My contacts have grown steadily, adding a few every week. The best us getting the invites from the ppl who had reservations for front row at BB10 funeral.

However, BB/BBMx needs to do some more marketing. Release another big BBMx feature for Xmas, and push it.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:06 AM
    BBM doesn't work well on iOS for some reason...possibly sabotage! :-)

Works great on BlackBerry devices (legacy and BB10), and seems to work well with my contacts on Android.

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    12-10-13 12:44 PM
    I have 14 pals using BBM for iPhone and Android and I pad. No problems at all

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 12:47 PM
    BBM on my son's android phone is simply too unreliable. Initially I was blaming him for not doing it right and not replying to my bbm's. He was adamant that he wasn't receiving them for hours.

To test I set it up right next to my Z10, even though the app is on & working his phone didn't receive the bbm's for almost 45mins. Sending doesn't work unless he's connected via wifi. Poor show.
    Not surprisingly most of his mates have deleted the app too as it doesn't work - its not instant enough.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 01:50 PM
    I have 1 iPhone user who has an issue. She is on my BBM list but I cannot get her invited to a group that I have set up.
    All others seem to have no issues.

Sent while driving from my CrackBerry.
    12-10-13 02:04 PM
    Y family hates BBM, only my dad has tried it. He hates it too. He doesn't know how to open or download pictures & files sent to him even after showing him how to. I guess it is simply not user friendly.

To me I think it is very intuitive.

I also have a few friends on iOS who hates it too because they don't know how to of files & pictures I send to them. They cannot seem to learn how to open these files & pictures & prefer to use WhatsApp instead.

Does anybody else have the same issues?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 02:08 PM
    BBM on my son's android phone is simply too unreliable. Initially I was blaming him for not doing it right and not replying to my bbm's. He was adamant that he wasn't receiving them for hours.

To test I set it up right next to my Z10, even though the app is on & working his phone didn't receive the bbm's for almost 45mins. Sending doesn't work unless he's connected via wifi. Poor show.
    Not surprisingly most of his mates have deleted the app too as it doesn't work - its not instant enough.

Posted via CB10
    I have this issue on my Z10 too. I figured it is a problem with the network. Every time I cannot send or receive BBM all I do is just switch between my 3G & 2G network and vice-versa & the messages will go through immediately.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 02:13 PM
    Y family hates BBM, only my dad has tried it. He hates it too. He doesn't know how to open or download pictures & files sent to him even after showing him how to. I guess it is simply not user friendly.

To me I think it is very intuitive.

I also have a few friends on iOS who hates it too because they don't know how to of files & pictures I send to them. They cannot seem to learn how to open these files & pictures & prefer to use WhatsApp instead.

Does anybody else have the same issues?

Posted via CB10
    My friends love it! *shrug* I did have issues with it at first but they've been resolved. Just worked properly one day

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    12-10-13 02:37 PM
    I don't getting update for BBM at all) ))))
    No channels in Russia) )). ((((((

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 02:48 PM
    I don't getting update for BBM at all) ))))
    No channels in Russia) )). ((((((

Posted via CB10
    You have to search for it in BlackBerry World believe. Did you do that?

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    12-10-13 03:15 PM
54 123