I was, at the time, excited when BlackBerry announced BBM going cross platform. I rounded up all my friends and relatives and told them to download the app once it was available. About a week after the release of BBM on Apple and Android phones, I had 14 friends added, from zero. I now have zero, again. I even stopped using it.

The app is still buggy, even with the new update including "channels", which is also another complete failure. I heard people (friends) saying they receive a message multiple times, not receiving messages at all, or they're unable to open the app.

This is what you call an 'instant' messenger? I don't think so.

It's embarrassing to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    12-05-13 11:23 PM
    Sorry to hear that. I'm at 75 contacts up from 23 and all but 1 have stayed and love it.

Posted via CB10
    heyfarhaan likes this.
    12-05-13 11:27 PM
    Then you and your crew are doing something wrong because myself and my friends with BBM have zero issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 11:28 PM
    Hmm. BBM on BB10 is solid. I personally haven't had a problem with it. It is the first and was properly designed for it.

If you have an issues then feel free to voice em here. There's lots of people willing to help.
    12-05-13 11:34 PM
    @GT, mention three things my crew could possibly be doing wrong?

@Chan, it is the first and properly designed. What does that even mean? First what? What was designed properly?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 11:37 PM
    I'm sorry to hear your bbm issues. I've always enjoyed bbm without ANY issues for years!...then since the cross platform release I have had 2 instances where bbm wouldn't send msgs for a few hours. Have also noticed from time to time that the "D" sometimes takes longer than usual to deliver. Other than that I have really enjoyed BBM on BB10 and won't let a couple small instances to change my opinion. The Channels are a terrific way to follow News,Travel, Sports, Business and have been enjoying the daily updates from some pretty solid channels. Sure some changes are needed to perfect it, but think it's a great start!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    12-05-13 11:49 PM
    90% of the time I like bbm. It's a great little app, it's tied into my OS and I appreciate the encryption and D/R messages.

10% of the time it is annoying as hell. For some bizarre reason I can't send pics to my mom on bbm (she has an iPhone 5, I have an Z10). It. Dame so frustrating I stopped trying and went back to SMS/MMS with her.

Sometimes there seems to be a slight delay with other contact but nothing as significant as the issues I had with my mom. It's so weird that it would be localized to one contact.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    12-06-13 12:51 AM
    I had some minor issues with BBM on iPhone but resolved itself in its own. *shrug* Sorry to hear that. I'm at an all time high with contacts. And my contacts (in other platforms) have even invited their friends. Pretty cool. They like the whole "D" and "R" thing.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    12-06-13 01:03 AM
    I was, at the time, excited when BlackBerry announced BBM going cross platform. I rounded up all my friends and relatives and told them to download the app once it was available. About a week after the release of BBM on Apple and Android phones, I had 14 friends added, from zero. I now have zero, again. I even stopped using it.

The app is still buggy, even with the new update including "channels", which is also another complete failure in my opinion. I heard people (friends) saying they receive a message multiple times, not receiving messages at all, or they're unable to open the app.

This is what you call an 'instant' messenger? I don't think so.

It's embarrassing to say the least in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    there now it sounds more like it should...had to place a little emphasis on the i's and add a little so people would understand this is solely based on your opinion
    12-06-13 01:29 AM
    @Jes, I would critique your post as well but there are too many grammatical errors to correct.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jonathan Kozari; 12-11-13 at 03:10 AM.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    12-06-13 01:42 AM
    Must be fascinating to live in a world where you think your own predicament applies to everyone else. Let's hear it for over-generalizations!!!

Posted via CB10
    ams083 likes this.
    12-06-13 02:05 AM
    Jonathon why are u being so defensive? If your gonna bash something on a BlackBerry forum you must expect some backlash. I can only imagine the tongue lashing I would get saying I messenger is a cheap copy cat of BBM on some iPhone forum. Everyone just needs to relax a little on these forums!
    If your having issues with BBM that is unfortunate. I have several friends on android and iPhone as well as BlackBerry and have not experienced really any issues with BBM . Still, we know people have different experiences with the same products all the time. Sometimes they are great others seemed to be played with issues. As mentioned above BBM was the first messenger really and for many stoll feel it's the best. You are entitled to.your opinion of course. If you think bbm sucks, is embarrassing and you have no BBM contacts then maybe that's the sign that BBM is not for you. Sorry it isn't working for ya. I have many iPhone friends who got BBM, added me then when I BBM them they never look at it. Lol. So I just end up sms them. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK, ibpluto, curvezzz and 1 others like this.
    12-06-13 02:06 AM
    @Jes, I would critique your post as well but there's to many grammatical errors to correct.

Posted via CB10
    enlighten me , when did you stop using bbm?
    12-06-13 02:12 AM
    Did they update to the latest version? Seems to have resolved a lot of issues outstanding. Personally I have a few minor errors with channel tabs and being unable to leave channels but other than that no issues. Would like to see some features added but as far as functionality seems to work well with other users on Android/iOS devices. My experience may differ from yours though as I'm using it on the device it was originally intended for.

BlackBerry Z10 (Z30 inbound) | 10.2.1.1055 | C0006E212
    Last edited by R Field; 12-06-13 at 12:48 PM.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    12-06-13 02:30 AM
    Mine seems to have been fine. Only thing I've noticed is that delivery to my friend's iphone takes a long time. I see the checkmark immediately but the "D" lags for a long time so I have no clue when the message is actually delivered. BlackBerry to BlackBerry delivery is quick and works as expected.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1055, STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    12-06-13 05:57 AM
    Well OP, I would say your experience is certainly not "across the board". My list has tripled, I have zero issues and I use it more than ever. It has started to approach usage levels for me similar to my email. I absolutely love BBM

Perhaps a thread about working through the bugs first would have been more prudent that a thread bashing it. Smh

CB10'n it via da Z
    12-06-13 06:05 AM
    This is surprising, I have a large increase in bbm contacts also older dead contacts are coming back.

Using channels since beta and never had a problem. Using bbm on iPhone also,Bttery usage is fine and no crashes yet on iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 06:08 AM
    I (and others) shall add more critique of BBM within the next few days. BBM is not a technical success, not an operational success, not a functioning success. It is a failure.
    there now it sounds more like it should. ...
    sirjes, you of all people can add more useful information about BBM instead of this critique of someone's opinion. Dobetter next post.

--

There are a lot of people posting to show they can parse apart the OP's words and to proclaim they use BBM happily. Some are snarky too. This is defensive conduct, not a community of seekers hoping to improve BBM or anything.
    12-06-13 07:08 AM
    You don't have to use it.
    I like bbm.
    12-06-13 07:19 AM
    Ive seen problems with BBM, mainly user errors… People on Android don't like the bum symbol being on the notification so they turn that off, even tho there is a message saying that messages may not be delivered, same on IOS, it tells you, if you force shut down the app that it will hinder you from receiving all messages… sure it should just push like the others, but it doesn't right now as a limitation of the platforms, but it is definitely not disappointing for a first ten messenger….

It will be disappointing however, if they leave it this way...
    12-06-13 07:29 AM
    I kinda feel your pain, OP. I was only able to round up 4 of my friends to actually download BBM and now only 2 of them have stayed; both on iPhones. We've had problems with sending pictures and not receiving messages until hours later. These types of problems make it rather difficult to push BBM onto my friends when they just expect a messaging app to work. When it does work, they enjoy it though.
    12-06-13 08:14 AM
    I feel these problems existed initially I use bbm on iPhone and during launch there a lot if issues related to message delivery etc. The bbm app now works fine pushes the msges even when it's not active.

With bbm voice video and channels(soon to go multi platform), bbm makes a solid case for itself in the instant messaging market.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 12:20 PM
    Then you and your crew are doing something wrong because myself and my friends with BBM have zero issues.
    @GT, mention three things my crew could possibly be doing wrong?
    1. Being paid to post smack about BlackBerry by apple and/or google/android.

2. Too busy being self-centered exhibitionists on twitter and facebook to figure out how to communicate using the best instant messenger in the world, BBM.

3. Too busy being voyeurs on twitter and fb to figure out how to communicate using the best instant messenger in the world, BBM.
    12-06-13 12:39 PM
    @Jes - Yesterday. I had two active groups I created and 14 contacts. Within the past few days, my friends mentioned several flaws in BBM which ultimately put them in predicament whether to keep the app.

More than half of my contacts left BBM. After all the private advertising I did, I'm disappointed in BlackBerrys attempt to go cross platform. Maybe in the future when new features come around (who knows when that will be) and bugs are fixed, I will try to round up my contacts again.

At first, I was ecstatic about BBM going cross platform. I wanted to show my friends what they're missing out on. Well, that didn't go so well.

I'm glad you guys are not having any difficulties.

With todays technology advancements, people are becoming more impatient, not wanting to wait for new updates that will improve the app. Essentially, people moving toward different apps.

I've said this in previous posts. BlackBerry needs to act quick. BB10 is an incredible OS. They've done a great job, however, cross platform apps need to be just as clear and effective.

It's disappointing. I can't be the only on saying this either. Look at the current stock of BlackBerry, below $6.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 01:08 PM
    @pigIcon - 1.) you're not GT 2.) Your list is insignificant

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 01:15 PM
54 123