05-14-13 01:46 PM
30 12
tools
    I didn't want to see it happen either. Even now, I'm not really happy about it. Apple releases nothing for its competitors and Google has yet to do anything for BlackBerry 10. Why should BlackBerry have to give up one of its most compelling "hooks?"

I hope there's a plan to make BBM more profitable. If not, then I don't see the benefits. BlackBerry has to be benefitting in a really big way for me to like this idea. In the end, though, my opinion doesn't really matter.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 01:08 PM
    You think they won't make good on it, or are you calling BB liars?
    My poor attempt at sarcasm . Looking forward to this being avail on other devices. Bb4life!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-14-13 01:09 PM
    If BBM goes cross platform, it will give people who were "on the fence" an easier time returning to Blackberry, knowing that their friends and family who are still on Android and iPhone can easily install an App and get in touch with them. The BBM of old was an "island" belonging to Blackberry and people either had to be on the island or off the island. Now we are connected to the mainland and you can pass over and back freely. I believe this will overall be a good thing, especially since BBM caries not only text but data and video options. People will have a reason to use it over other services like Skype and so on. Now we can show our friends on other platforms how great the BBM experience is. I think the NEW Blackberry has enough confidence that it doesn't need to keep a tight grip on BBM... There are lots of other reasons to be on a Blackberry platform.

Bottom line... we will lose LESS people from Blackberry by making BBM cross-platform than we will GAIN by other users seeing the BBM experience on other platforms and considering to switch over to Blackberry.
    bintheredundat likes this.
    05-14-13 01:23 PM
    For some, BBM is the only reason they buy a blackberry. I was not a BB user before BBM was widely popular in my country. I was actually an iPhone user, then I needed BBM as my business partners started using it, my suppliers started using it, then it was easier to communicate with my customers, friends, and family through BBM as virtually everyone is using it. There was whatsapp, but noone used it yet in here. Only my sister used it and she lives in Singapore.
    Fast forward to today. When BB 10 came out, I have 150 contacts on my BBM, and only 50 of them is on whatsapp. It was clear to me I still need BB, and I decided to give BB10 a try, and I loved it.
    Many of my friends, however, are waiting to jump ship to BB10 when cheaper devices are available (like the Q5), as for them BB is still their second device aside of the Android and iOS devices they are also using. They are not ready to make BB10 as their primary phones because of the limited app (what else is new right), but they need a BB nonetheless because of the majority of their business contacts are on BBM.
    Now that BBM is cross platform, I dont think they will bother to jump ship at all, which could hurt BB hardware sales, at least here in Indonesia.

Posted via CB10
    In the same vain, there would be others who would now switch over to BB because BBM has opened up more and is not so limited.....
    05-14-13 01:40 PM
    sell the Z10, then buy iPhone 6.. then, still can BBM-ing..

Posted via CB10
    Yup, but with none of the other benefits of BB10. And no chance to see this OS grow.
    We'll see you back when you wise up and realise BlackBerry is the best choice
    05-14-13 01:46 PM
30 12