So as I was using my z10 and learning all the new features I noticed a interesting bug. I recently found out that you can in fact separate your groups from showing up in your main chats by selecting what type of chats and even what categories are displayed in your main chat window.

Awesome I thought Here's the kicker I found that when I selected BBM chats only I noticed that whoever I messaged next would automatically populate in the list as a duplicate of the top contact. (hope that makes sense) can anyone verify if they have this happen on their phone....

I'm hoping it's just me and a hardware swap will do the trick

Thanks in advance

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 06:55 AM
    So as I was using my z10 and learning all the new features I noticed a interesting bug. I recently found out that you can in fact separate your groups from showing up in your main chats by selecting what type of chats and even what categories are displayed in your main chat window.

Awesome I thought Here's the kicker I found that when I selected BBM chats only I noticed that whoever I messaged next would automatically populate in the list as a duplicate of the top contact. (hope that makes sense) can anyone verify if they have this happen on their phone....

Thanks in advance

I haven't used any group chats yet but I can tell you that a hardware swap wouldn't do anything to fix what you're seeing. It would be a software thing. There are updates coming soon. Don't ask me when but BlackBerry is working on a lot of these little things.
    02-11-13 07:07 AM
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing a hard reset hadn't fixed it I'm thinking re installing bbm might fix it...

02-11-13 07:12 AM

Thanks in advance

You DO NOT need a hardware swap for this sort of an issue! There's a number of small, odd issues with the BBM app not behaving as expected but they will be fixed through software updates. Doing unnecessary hardware swaps costs BlackBerry a fortune and makes it harder for the company and platform to survive.

For the love of all that is good, please don't keep swapping hardware for software issues, especially imperfections or *known* bugs. Your replacement device will not be able to magically get newer software than the device you already have.

If it doubt, feel free to do a full reload on your device with the latest software already available.

Thanks so much.

02-11-13 07:21 AM
    Well the purpose of asking was to see if there were others who found the bug. That it wasn't just my phone.

The more people with the bug confirms its solely software and not my phone not processing correctly....

Either way appreciate the response

02-11-13 07:29 AM