-Just noticed this new software available for $25 to sync Outlook via USB or Bluetooth to Z10. Has anybody bought it and does it work? I need this and returned a Z10 because I found out it was not available so I may finally be able to buy a Q10 when they come out later this month. I gave up waiting for BB to change the BB Link software. I and many others can not understand why BB would not have made this available from the getgo....
    04-17-13 10:42 AM
    Blackberry should be ashame they did not have migration software available for the Z10 users.

There is no excuse for that, none!
    annon91221 likes this.
    04-17-13 10:51 AM
    there is a workaround which works perfectly, by using a free [email protected] account, set that one up on a regular laptop / PC to sync with all the email accounts you need and then simply enter the details on your Z10 or PB. I have a link to a Dutch how-to-to-this if you want to:
    Contacten en agenda

good luck!
    04-17-13 11:00 AM
    I too am super interested in the BB10outloksync, cloud integration is not an option for us. That said this almost seems to good to be true, it is everything we've been asking for. How is the forums not blowing up with this? How come threads where this is discussed get one or two replies and some ***** apple fan boy I'm quitting post gets 300 hits?

How would a person test an application like this to make sure it was not just a way to steal contact information ?
    04-23-13 09:37 AM
    04-23-13 10:09 AM
    So when I say "cloud integration is not an option for us" and you post a cloud integration option seems counter productive.
    04-23-13 10:18 AM
    But very productive to me. I am definitely going to set this up. Remember you are not only person reading this. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    NightSlayer likes this.
    04-23-13 10:26 AM
    But very productive to me. I am definitely going to set this up. Remember you are not only person reading this. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    That's fair enough but I'm still hoping to get an answer to my question =)
    04-23-13 10:48 AM
    Outlook.com works very well in terms of syncing my calendar and contacts. I've completely migrated from Gmail and their nonsense

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:01 AM
    Even not on BB, the only thing I really use my GMail account for is to forward to Hotmail. Love using desktop Outlook for email and such.
    iusebb likes this.
    04-23-13 11:36 AM
    I have been helping people with issues related to email and sync. This is a cloud solution and i understand this doesn't help everyone. I am able to offer a free 30 day trial of an email system i know will help. Send me an email if you want the trial. [email protected]

Posted from my Z10
    04-23-13 11:44 AM
    From the 67 page thread over on blackberry's main support page I thought there would be alot more excitement about a USB based sync over here. Maybe BB was right and there are only two of us left on the planet who want it and they did the right thing by not implementing it.
    04-23-13 12:06 PM
    From the 67 page thread over on blackberry's main support page I thought there would be alot more excitement about a USB based sync over here. Maybe BB was right and there are only two of us left on the planet who want it and they did the right thing by not implementing it.
    LOL--Trust me, you are not alone! There are thousands of us that rely on a "stand-alone Outlook (2003/07/10/13) where a cloud system like outlook.com will not work. I run a national business on my desktop Outlook 2007 and have zero intentions of changing. I did read that BB is coming out with this fixed on one of their updates soon-I just don't remember what thread I read it on. Do you have the link to the BB forum it was on. I'm waiting for the Q-10 but my wife who uses Outlook 2007 as well, is looking at a Z10 now as her 9810 was just stolen. Thanks in advance!
    04-23-13 12:17 PM
    Yes, they added one-way sync in the last update, and stated that two-way was coming.
    04-23-13 12:25 PM
    You realize that cloud based exchange works on your current outlook application? Cloud just means that the data is online in a remote server. Office 365 can be combined with existing on premise exchange servers or used as a cloud only solution. Data and service is managed by Microsoft. Worth looking at in my opinion.

Posted from my Z10
    04-23-13 12:33 PM
    I too am super interested in the BB10outloksync, cloud integration is not an option for us. That said this almost seems to good to be true, it is everything we've been asking for. How is the forums not blowing up with this? How come threads where this is discussed get one or two replies and some ***** apple fan boy I'm quitting post gets 300 hits?

How would a person test an application like this to make sure it was not just a way to steal contact information ?
    Because it is not important for the majority of users? Did you think it was?

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-23-13 12:57 PM
    I'm beginning to think even though everyone is mad over the lack of usb sync no one is really prepared to spend the 25 bucks for a possible solution. I'm prepared to pay the money if the application is not a scam, all I'm trying to figure out is if anyone has used the software and can confirm it does in fact sync outlook with a USB without compromising your security. I've only found one person on the boards who claims to have installed it and they have a 1 post count.

If possible can we please not post anymore cloud based sync options? There are a 100 active threads with those solutions out there for everyone to check up on.
    04-23-13 01:47 PM
    The sync with desktop outlook should be out, any day now, with an update of the Link software....
    It won't be long.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:56 PM
    The sync with desktop outlook should be out, any day now, with an update of the Link software....
    It won't be long.

Posted via CB10
    Where have you heard that? Or are you basing it on the Q10 release?
    04-23-13 02:11 PM
    Where have you heard that? Or are you basing it on the Q10 release?
    Not going to try to look it up now, but BBRY has announced that it would be in the next update. I am thinking that there will be an update before the Q's are in hand. The current Link version was available on March 19th. I am surprised it's not already out.
    04-23-13 02:15 PM
    Not going to try to look it up now, but BBRY has announced that it would be in the next update. I am thinking that there will be an update before the Q's are in hand. The current Link version was available on March 19th. I am surprised it's not already out.
    I agree. I would be surprised if Link is not updated before the Q10 is available for sale. Though it is not officially marketed this way, it is definitely a more "business"-style device, and not having desktop software that can do everything a business expects it to do would be unfortunate.
    04-23-13 03:05 PM
    I really want to start using outlook.com but not having contact photos is a deal breaker for me.
    04-23-13 03:10 PM
    I agree! But I've had a Hotmail account for years, so I'm using it in the meantime ....waitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwait ingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaiti ngwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitin gwaitingwaitingwaiting......

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by saxxman; 04-23-13 at 09:06 PM.
    04-23-13 03:59 PM
    I see lots of answers but these are work arounds. People should not have to jump through hoops who want to come back to Blackberry. With the Q10 just around the corner, I can not believe that Blackberry does not have software to migrate from a non-Blackberry device to BB10!!! For many this will be a deal breaker. I got hundreds of contacts with multiple phone numbers and email addresses and lot of calendar entires that I do not want to move manually.

Still no excuse for this if they want to bring old customers/users back to their devices. We need a new Desk Top Manager!
    04-24-13 05:49 AM
    But I thought it already has one-way sync that will do that, Greg.
    04-24-13 05:55 AM
34 12