Hi guys I have a few emails set up for work on my Z10 and I was wondering if I could do the following...FYI Absolutley love the phone it is awesome
    in terms of productivity I have never been more efficent with my emails and thats 95% of what I do with my phone. I had an S3 and this is a superior
    handset. The S3 felt like a toy to me and this feels like a tool but I need to get some functions and features sorted out.

1) Delete email from the handset but keep the email on the server (Phones seems to delete it then I can't find it in outlook...My S3 had this option)
    2) If I receive an email and I open it in Outlook it doesn't appear on my phone at all. It actually disappears because surprisingly my handset gets
    the email before outlook does and I will see it there but if I'm in the office and I open it in outlook it disappears off my phone. Im in sales and I had
    a document to show a customer last night while out for dinner and I couldn't find it on my handset. I realized I opened it in outlook first and all the
    emails I opened in outlook were off my phone...THis I tthink is ******** and there has to be a work around
    3)Can I show emails sent from my handset in my sent files on Outlook? I'd like copys of my sent mail from the handset to be available in outlook.
    05-09-13 09:18 AM
    3) are you using outlook.com? If so go into mail options then towards the bottom left there's a sending option. In there there's an option to save sent mail (like Gmail where the server automatically keeps a copy sent through smtp)
    05-09-13 09:47 AM
    1) the email on the Z10 is pretty much a straight up email client in that what you see is what you get. There may be a delay in syncing but what's done in one place (online, computer, Z10) will be reflected on all devices. A workaround may be to file (move) messages into sub folder being sure to un-select the "show filed messages" option in the Hub settings "Display and Actions" section
    05-09-13 09:52 AM
    2) hmm that's odd...you're not using POP, are you? Is your email client (Outlook?) set to download (and remove) messages from the server?
    05-09-13 09:54 AM
    I am using outlook program on my desktop not outlook.com
    All these functions I am looking for work great with my gmail except #1. I think there isn't an option for that but I had it on my S3 and I'm pretty sure my 9900 could do it as well. Gmail works great with #2 and #3.

Its just this work email I can't seem to get to work with those functions and its a pain because I dont see any options to change it in email settings and there isn't a delay on the email to my handset at all. The handset gets the email before my outlook does which I was very impressed by. My boss has an Iphone and doesn't have these issues. We used the exact same settings for both phones. My Blackberry gets the email to the handset quicker than the Iphone but #2 and #3 are major issues for me.
    05-09-13 11:43 AM
    2) hmm that's odd...you're not using POP, are you? Is your email client (Outlook?) set to download (and remove) messages from the server?
    Where in Outlook can i check these settings? Outlook is the client and in the settings it says POP/SMTP account.
    05-09-13 11:44 AM
    Ok that explains it. IMAP is generally better but if you like to actually download and store (a copy of) your mail on your computer POP is fine.

Log into your Gmail account from your desktop browser, select settings on the top right, then Forwarding and POP. In there there's a setting to leave a copy of the mail on the server even if the desktop client 'deletes' it. It'll just show up as read on your BlackBerry if Outlook gets to it first.
    05-09-13 11:55 AM
    why login in to my gmail? It isn't the gmail account I have issues with. Its my work email. Gmail works great just the way I want it but thats my personal email. Im more concerned with my work email. Im assuming there are some settings in my outlook that I can change for it change on my z10 because there aren't any relevant looking settings in the z10 to change these things and it works with my gmail.
    05-09-13 12:43 PM
    151 views? Nobody has had this problem? I can't be the first and I'm sure someone out there has solved it already....
    05-09-13 12:45 PM
    Look in the account settings in Outlook. There should be an option to leave mail on the server in the POP settings
    514berry likes this.
    05-09-13 01:43 PM
    Look in the account settings in Outlook. There should be an option to leave mail on the server in the POP settings
    This should do it. Outlook is probably set to delete emails from the server once they are read in outlook. Therefore when your Z next tries to sync with the server, the email you read in outlook is no longer on the server so it deletes it from the handset.

Posted via CB10
    514berry likes this.
    05-09-13 01:50 PM
    I found it guys thanks a lot for the help on that one.
    For anyone else looking to do the same thing..From outlook go to TOOLS then ACCOUNT SETTINGS ...Double click the account...then click "more settings".. goto the advanced tab and its in there...

Now If I can figure out this issue #3

3) Can I show emails sent from my handset in my sent files on Outlook? I'd like copys of my sent mail from the handset to be available in outlook
    05-09-13 03:24 PM
    For now you'll have to BCC yourself manually on every message and then file each message in the sent folder: at present it will not automatically upload a copy to the server automatically. Services such as Gmail and Outlook.com (can) automatically save sent mail server side.
    05-09-13 08:38 PM