Does anyone know when BB10 / Z10 will be available in Thailand?

Cheers!
    02-03-13 12:35 AM
    I'm fairly certain it should be coming to Thailand by March. I think in the keynote at launch when they were talking a timeline a few Thailand carriers were in one of the slides. No later than April if I'm wrong.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-03-13 01:58 AM
    I was able to get the PlayBook In Thailand 1 week after launch. Long before it was officially launched here. I paid a bit more but not much!
    02-03-13 04:26 AM
    what do you guys think it will cost in Thailand? Cause I'm flying over there in a couple of weeks.
    02-07-13 03:26 AM
    After reading the article about them not launching in Japan I would like to see some firm confirmation from Blackberry. I'm not sure how many non-Western alphabet language packs they are going to issue. If we don't get the input language pack it will all be for naught.
    02-11-13 12:10 AM
    I asked at BB store in Bangkok last week, was told middle of March.
    02-11-13 02:38 AM
    Do they have some kind of targetprice? What do you guys think it will cost?
    02-11-13 09:27 AM
    After reading the article about them not launching in Japan I would like to see some firm confirmation from Blackberry. I'm not sure how many non-Western alphabet language packs they are going to issue. If we don't get the input language pack it will all be for naught.
    You're concerned about Thai support? Doesn't this image show that it's already supported?

BB10 / Z10 available in Thailand-thai_support.png
    02-11-13 10:05 AM
    They say it's already available in MBK Plaza for 26,000 Bahts. Both white and black version.

I wonder what models are they selling? STL-2??? Hope so....
    02-20-13 03:14 AM
    They say it's already available in MBK Plaza for 26,000 Bahts. Both white and black version.

I wonder what models are they selling? STL-2??? Hope so....
    I just saw a few for sale at Tukcom in Pattaya, 28,900 Baht! thats a cool $965 USD I'm told they have sold a few to middle eastern customers. They got the bucks I guess.
    02-20-13 03:36 AM
    Wow, you're right, MBK does have them and they are only 21,500thb.............

ราคามือถือ BlackBerry Z10

The problem is they list it as a GSM Quad Band (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), and in the next few months all of the carriers in Thailand will be moving to 2100MHz for true 3G. Need to confirm whether or not the phone will support it or not, otherwise we need to wait for the Thailand versions to come available. Still no official release date yet, but they are now officially available in Singapore, India and Malaysia will get theirs next week.
    03-03-13 01:23 AM
    Nice price drop! $200, but I bet Tukcom is still 28,000+ thats just the way it is there.
    03-03-13 03:53 AM
    Wow, you're right, MBK does have them and they are only 21,500thb.............
    those are export sets right?

I'm sure Jaymart will have them soon! Singapore's launch is 7th March 2013 and is already available for pre-order with all major telcos
    03-03-13 06:48 PM

I'm sure Jaymart will have them soon! Singapore's launch is 7th March 2013 and is already available for pre-order with all major telcos
    They are grey market imports. Not sure which country they came from. I'm planning to go to MBK and see for myself. This morning's prices were now 20,900THB.

I also want to test the Thai input as well. Display and input are not the same; however, given they had Blackberry Jam in Bangkok last Summer and I saw some of the screen shots I would be surprised if they did in fact leave it out, but let's see. I will update you all later.
    03-04-13 12:45 AM
    I asked at BB store in Bangkok last week, was told middle of March.
    OK, thank for you good news
    03-04-13 12:52 AM

My guy in Pattaya is dealing with Hong Kong units.
    03-04-13 12:54 AM
    Ok, so I took the plunge and bought one!! There are two different models available at MBK STL100-1 and STL 100-2. The difference is which networks it supports. STL100-1 DOES NOT support LTE, so I went with STL100-2, which support LTE for Europe. STL100-3 is for North America LTE networks.

I got the white one because they didn't have STL100-2 in black. No big deal to me.

In the process of updating the OS to 10.0.9.348. The higher OS was release for STL100-3 ONLY. Let's see what this update will do. As soon as that's done I will set-up my BES account and restore all of my settings.

There are plenty of units in stock.

I bought from Wealthy Mobile, 4th Floor, 4AB-74. Owner's name is Golf and he is very nice to deal with. Can speak English as well so if you don't speak Thai, no worries ;-) His mobile # is 081-722-0933

Good luck peeps!!
    JWNY and BerryThailand like this.
    03-04-13 05:23 AM
    I think i will wait for a while. Since i want slide model like torch. There are lot of Thai users who are waiting for an official launch by local carriers. They want to see promotion for contact client before making decision.
    03-04-13 06:02 AM
    Ok, so I took the plunge and bought one!! There are two different models available at MBK STL100-1 and STL 100-2. The difference is which networks it supports. STL100-1 DOES NOT support LTE, so I went with STL100-2, which support LTE for Europe. STL100-3 is for North America LTE networks.

I got the white one because they didn't have STL100-2 in black. No big deal to me.

In the process of updating the OS to 10.0.9.348. The higher OS was release for STL100-3 ONLY. Let's see what this update will do. As soon as that's done I will set-up my BES account and restore all of my settings.

There are plenty of units in stock.

I bought from Wealthy Mobile, 4th Floor, 4AB-74. Owner's name is Golf and he is very nice to deal with. Can speak English as well so if you don't speak Thai, no worries ;-) His mobile # is 081-722-0933

Good luck peeps!!
    What network are you on? I'm buying the STL100-2 next week here in Europe but I am going to Thailand in April. Will I be able to get a 3G reception? I usually buy a True Move sim. What about the sim, do I need a special Blackberry sim because of blackberry services? thanks!
    03-09-13 03:57 AM
    I checkd with the BB center (repair shop - unofficial i guess) on 4th floor MBK, she showed me devices for France written on the Z10 box, this was last month, Mid march is tomorrow and no news yet anywhere,

BB if you listening, th.blackberry.com with no english option is a big frustration as your updates cant be read by anyone who cannot read Thai, like me,

If anyone knows updated info on the release date please give a shout,

Is waiting to buy Z10 a better option as June is supposed to be official launch of the 3G services in Thailand?
    03-14-13 06:58 AM
    @Marcati, you seem to be wise to choose the STL 100-2, as it seems the STL 100-1 was or is due to be released in Thailand, however this may be changing now that True have announced they will be providing 4G service from next month in some areas (seen here), this may be reason for delay in Launch if Blackberry have decided to switch model to release here. Also the STL 100-1 does have Quad band but it is Quad-Band HSPA+ 1, 2, 5/6, 8 (850/900/1900/2100 MHz) so it will work once they switch 3G to 2100, i was planning to either have friends bring me 2 z10's or wait but after reading it seems the 100-2 is the better choice long term, just means a trip to BKK as in pattaya they are still asking 28,900 which is just crazy considering price in BKK and price in UK now, just hope they have them when i am there next week, anyone know the current price in BKK now ?

Also, i too simply do not understand any company that chooses to NOT have English as an option on their localized websites, especially when they already have global sites in English
    03-16-13 07:04 AM
    I checkd with the BB center (repair shop - unofficial i guess) on 4th floor MBK, she showed me devices for France written on the Z10 box, this was last month, Mid march is tomorrow and no news yet anywhere,

BB if you listening, th.blackberry.com with no english option is a big frustration as your updates cant be read by anyone who cannot read Thai, like me,

If anyone knows updated info on the release date please give a shout,

Is waiting to buy Z10 a better option as June is supposed to be official launch of the 3G services in Thailand?
    As I said in my earlier I post I bought my unit at MBK. Both English and Thai are native to the unit. As soon as I pit my sim card in the phone and turn it on it asked me which default language do I want; English or Thai. I have both languages running on my phone without any problems. No need to wait.

Posted via CB10
    JWNY likes this.
    03-17-13 06:16 AM
    @Marcati, you seem to be wise to choose the STL 100-2, as it seems the STL 100-1 was or is due to be released in Thailand, however this may be changing now that True have announced they will be providing 4G service from next month in some areas (seen here), this may be reason for delay in Launch if Blackberry have decided to switch model to release here. Also the STL 100-1 does have Quad band but it is Quad-Band HSPA+ 1, 2, 5/6, 8 (850/900/1900/2100 MHz) so it will work once they switch 3G to 2100, i was planning to either have friends bring me 2 z10's or wait but after reading it seems the 100-2 is the better choice long term, just means a trip to BKK as in pattaya they are still asking 28,900 which is just crazy considering price in BKK and price in UK now, just hope they have them when i am there next week, anyone know the current price in BKK now ?

Also, i too simply do not understand any company that chooses to NOT have English as an option on their localized websites, especially when they already have global sites in English
    The decision was intentional ;-) the St100-1 cannot support LTE and I travel to Europe more frequently than the US, so it was an easy decision. The prices are the same for all models so no worries there.

MBK has plenty in stock. Just do a Google search for MBK phone prices. There is a website which has the current pricing for all phones they sell ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:19 AM
    According to this link, Jaymart is shifting out of Siam Paragon

Looking To Buy A BlackBerry Z10 From The Paragon LifeStyle Store?

It further says in the article, the official launch date is 27 March 2013
    03-17-13 10:22 PM
    According to this link, Jaymart is shifting out of Siam Paragon

Looking To Buy A BlackBerry Z10 From The Paragon LifeStyle Store?

It further says in the article, the official launch date is 27 March 2013
    Your referred website is nice. I just found it from your post. Thank for sharing.
    JWNY and BerryThailand like this.
    03-17-13 11:47 PM
68 123