I have recently been noticing in most of the demo videos out there that BB10 still lags a bit somehow, it doesn't seem to be as smooth as the iPhone. Anyone noticed this too? Or is it just cause it's not on the final hardware? I really hope it wouldn't lag not even a bit while scrolling and everything. I mean just look at the iPhone how smooth it is and works.
    scott.deagan likes this.
    01-01-13 03:55 PM
    Haven't really noticed this, apart from the BB10 isn't an iPhone so why would it behave the same?

If it does behave the same, then Apple no doubt, will be taking RIM to Court

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    01-01-13 03:59 PM
    I have recently been noticing in most of the demo videos out there that BB10 still lags a bit somehow, it doesn't seem to be as smooth as the iPhone. Anyone noticed this too? Or is it just cause it's not on the final hardware? I really hope it wouldn't lag not even a bit while scrolling and everything. I mean just look at the iPhone how smooth it is and works.
    I would be almost certain that there would be no lag. I do, however understand every new platform might have some slight glitches initially. If there are any, as long as they are quickly rectified and one doesn't have to wait months down the line like on some other platforms for them to be taken care of and ironed out, I am o.k. with that. I am sure since RIM does realize lagging was a huge problem with BB's of the past, they don't want to go down that same path all over again, and I am sure they would be looking to address something of this nature, IF it were to occur. I am sure they want this launch as successful, if not more so then those of us who are waiting for this incredible device
    01-01-13 04:10 PM
    I haven't seen much if any lag in the video demos. I do, however, experience some lag on my iphone 5 specifically opening texts and sometimes loading games. Other times it takes awhile for the home button to register and the lock button can have lag when turning the screen off. I agree iOS is very smooth but I feel like its easier to be that way since the os is essentially an app launcher with not much else going on. I just hope the bb10 browser is as smooth as iOS.
    01-01-13 04:16 PM
    I have recently been noticing in most of the demo videos out there that BB10 still lags a bit ........
    I have seen videos where an UNFINISHED BB10 dev phone smacks down the Green Fruit Company and Green Hemroid phone. We shall see soon enough what a FINISHED BB10 powered phone does.
    01-01-13 04:34 PM
    I wouldn't draw any conclusions on the speed and smoothness of the OS until it's actually out on sale, as the videos you see on the Internet at the moment are almost certainly not final builds (although I personally haven't seen any of the lag you're talking about even in these videos). However, as DJM626 said, RIM knows that lag was a major issue in the original BBOS, and I doubt they'd allow BB10 to show any signs of lag once it goes on sale.
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-01-13 05:01 PM
    Be best if someone that has the latest dev build would chime in.
    01-01-13 05:09 PM
    Haven't seen any lag, but some User Errors lol.
    01-01-13 05:22 PM
    I haven't seen any lag in the videos, and all the transitions seem more impressive than the other platforms. I have seen issues with the Dev Alpha B's not getting the upward gesture from the bottom right on the first swipe, but as has been widely explained on the forum, the bulkiness of the Dev B's case to hide the L underneath is the cause of the missed gestures.
    01-01-13 06:23 PM
    There will be NO lag
    01-01-13 06:35 PM
    Don't judge the performance of the final build based on any developer build. There have been enough improvements during the life of the PlayBook and the Dev Alphas that everyone should have learned that lesson several times by now. For what it's worth though, the Dev Alphas already have minimal lag for most things, and we know they're not as fast as the final release will be.
    01-01-13 07:16 PM
    The dev alphas dont lag, with the latest update it actually very very fluid and runs 8 apps in real time better than the Playbook does
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    01-01-13 09:30 PM
    IMHO...I believe all different os's exhibit a fault/error/fail/plain wtf behaviors from time to time.
    jakie55 and CMZ_DL like this.
    01-01-13 10:09 PM
    Folks also need to remember that the dev alpha's got only 1Gb RAM. If there's going to be 2Gb RAM in the Z series as rumoured, then it's just going to get better. I don't really see lag on the dev alpha A right now (and way less lag compared to my dual-core, 1Gb Android phone), and my understanding is that performance on the dev alpha B is better. We should expect release candidate to be better if not WAY better than on the dev alpha B.
    01-02-13 12:28 AM
    the demo videos we have seen of the devices are not final they are still just half assed versions of the OS to show some features that the devices have, i would put money that alot of the UI will change come unveiling
    01-02-13 02:09 AM
    Remember the dev alphas that they use are not the latest specs so its not going to reflect what it will be like with the final hardware that they probably use internally anyway.
    01-02-13 07:19 PM
    Can we let this thread die? The title will mislead someone scanning the forums and give them the wrong idea.
    01-02-13 07:29 PM
    You mean, the BB10 devices running beta software? Yeah, that's what i thought.
    01-02-13 07:58 PM
    All phones and operating systems have some little lags. I see them on my iPad and my Nexus 7.

Should be fine - like many have said, these are not the final product.
    01-02-13 09:36 PM
    I haven't seen much if any lag in the video demos. I do, however, experience some lag on my iphone 5 specifically opening texts and sometimes loading games. Other times it takes awhile for the home button to register and the lock button can have lag when turning the screen off. I agree iOS is very smooth but I feel like its easier to be that way since the os is essentially an app launcher with not much else going on. I just hope the bb10 browser is as smooth as iOS.
    @Snipperdo17 - you couldnt have said it better. BB10 Browser is looking mighty though those vids of bb10 browser going head to head is a real eye opener!

I have seen videos where an UNFINISHED BB10 dev phone smacks down the Green Fruit Company and Green Hemroid phone. We shall see soon enough what a FINISHED BB10 powered phone does.
    @TomJasper - BB10 Browser is looking MIGHTY seen those vids of bb10 browser going head to head is a real eye opener!

Folks also need to remember that the dev alpha's got only 1Gb RAM. If there's going to be 2Gb RAM in the Z series as rumoured, then it's just going to get better. I don't really see lag on the dev alpha A right now (and way less lag compared to my dual-core, 1Gb Android phone), and my understanding is that performance on the dev alpha B is better. We should expect release candidate to be better if not WAY better than on the dev alpha B.
    @greatwiseone - you comment really puts it all into perspective im not really worried about the lag im sure it will be up to par.

regards the lag generally speaking...its hard to really tune into this since nothing we've seen is final release software and hardware. However i notice alot of folk hoping or comparing to Iphone... I for one hope its nothing like ios i want it be above and beyond iOS in all aspects.
    01-02-13 10:21 PM
    Can you post a video of the lag?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 08:33 AM
    All phones and operating systems have some little lags. I see them on my iPad and my Nexus 7.
    +1

I see lags on my iPhone 4S and (especially) my iPod Touch quite frequently. Nature of tech.
    01-03-13 08:40 AM
    Well, i've bought this phone yesterday,

And yes it lags! A lot!
    02-09-13 08:51 AM
    Well, i've bought this phone yesterday,

And yes it lags! A lot!
    No it doesn't Mr 1 post. Obvious troll is obvious. It's incredibly snappy and very smooth.
    02-09-13 08:58 AM
    No it doesn't Mr 1 post. Obvious troll is obvious. It's incredibly snappy and very smooth.
    Agreed. I have not seen any lag what soever on the phone.
    02-09-13 09:00 AM
105 123 ...