Every new OS, BlackBerry seems to mess up something that should be so simple. Keep the old ringtones and add new ones. Why is that so hard?

It is great that we can use .mp3 or .m4a files as ringtones easily, love that about BlackBerry and hate iOS for not allowing it easily that I know of. (I could be wrong about iOS)

Just tonight I discovered something, if you want it to be easy to find the ringtones you've added to your BB, they need to be in a certain place. We can't modify the built-in notification-tones folder (I can't even find it), but it is possible to make it fairly easy to choose a new ringtone for a particular function.

All you have to do really is transfer your ringtone files to your ringtones folder (I use my SD card)...so it would be \\Blackberry Z10\SD Card\Blackberry\Ringtones (or alternatively to device memory: \\Blackberry Z10\media\music\ringtones). When you want to choose a ringtone for a contact or default ringtones, they'll automatically show up in your list of available ringtones.
    I have to give credit for the previous paragraph to HedoBum. The problem is that there seems to be a little more to it, at least on OS 10.2.1.1925
    Once I put my ringtones in the Blackberry\Ringtones folder on my SD card, I then choose "Browse Music..." when choosing a new ringtone.
    Then you are shown the Music folder, Tap Up, the Media Card and then you can choose "Audio" as a location and there are all of your ringtones to choose from.

BB10 Ring Tones Feedback Requested!-audio_ringtones.png

Anyway - I've put together a little collection of ringtones from OS5/6/7 and a few other good ones, some from CrackBerry's collection.
    They are all here. ftp://ftp.sv-cs.com/BlackBerry/BlackberryRingtones.zip
    EmaliMcrtny likes this.
    01-16-14 03:26 AM
    You may notice that a ringtones folder in the device/music folder will facilitate the ringtones playing along with your songs. Really annoying when bluetoothed to the car and a ringtone starts playing.
    Similar to your sdcard idea, I keep all mine in sdcard/voice/ringtones. That way they're not played along with the songs.
    You can also use .ogg files for ringtones.
    01-16-14 08:19 AM
    Is there a simple way of moving these to your ring tones folder and not music folder? I am on Verizon stock O/S not running any leaks and this appears to be tricky to me

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 08:55 AM
    Is there a simple way of moving these to your ring tones folder and not music folder? I am on Verizon stock O/S not running any leaks and this appears to be tricky to me

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Personally, I connected it to my computer and used normal file management. I think that the BB10 file manager would work fine also.

I might be able to try a stock VZW Z10 tomorrow and confirm.
    01-17-14 01:39 AM
    Here you go! BB10 ringtones, I just put the headphone jack into my soundcard. The tones are separated into categories that you can't bring into another (eg. you can't use "Smooth" BBM alert for messages) Now rip it to your OS7 until you get your BB10 too.

They are in order (IIRC):

BBM: Crisp, Present, Smooth
    Phone: Clean, Open, Radiant, Spirit, Zen Spirit
    Reminders: Active, Immediate, Tranquil
    Text: Brief, Pure, Tight
    I am trying to find the BBM Video "Vibrant" ringtone which was on 10.1 (not sure if it has changed). Does anyone have a file of it? If not, how can I get it off of my phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 08:08 AM
    I'm still on 10.1 and wanted to strip all the notification sounds in this OS before updating. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:48 PM
    Not sure what you mean by "strip".
    02-19-14 04:25 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "strip".
    I mean, how can I download all the ringtones pre-installed on my 10.1 OS? Basically I want to have them all in individual files if that makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 05:53 AM
    I mean, how can I download all the ringtones pre-installed on my 10.1 OS? Basically I want to have them all in individual files if that makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    The built in ringtones seem to be hidden. I did see someone had recorded them I think, not sure what thread it was in. It might even be this thread.

When you upgrade, I don’t think you lose them though. I have upgraded many times on multiple BB10 phones and the default ringtones are always there.
    02-20-14 03:17 AM
    The built in ringtones seem to be hidden. I did see someone had recorded them I think, not sure what thread it was in. It might even be this thread.

When you upgrade, I don�t think you lose them though. I have upgraded many times on multiple BB10 phones and the default ringtones are always there.
    They're always there, but going from 10.1 to 10.2, the default ringtones changed slightly.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 03:30 AM
    I'm using Z10. I have custom tones saved which are located in my Music folder. Here is the issue. I assign different tones for my contacts and it works. Then what happens is later in the day some of my contact tones all default back to the "Default" tone, that little annoying beep. I had this problem before the 10.2.1 upgrade. This happens when I just use the native BB standard tones. My Bold 9850 never had this issue. Is there something I'm missing?
    02-20-14 03:45 AM
    [QUOTE=canuckcam;7919531]Here you go! BB10 ringtones, I just put the headphone jack into my soundcard. The tones are separated into categories that you can't bring into another (eg. you can't use "Smooth" BBM alert for messages) Now rip it to your OS7 until you get your BB10 too.

They are in order (IIRC):

BBM: Crisp, Present, Smooth
    Phone: Clean, Open, Radiant, Spirit, Zen Spirit
    Reminders: Active, Immediate, Tranquil
    Text: Brief, Pure, Tight

Edit: Looks like you CAN assign other sounds other than the defaults, but you'll have to root through the folder structure for alert tones.

Edit 2: separated the ring tones into individual files so you can just load them onto your phone... in the "individual rings.zip" file (kinda self explanatory ) The "Essential" alert for BBM Video is the default for everything else (FB, Twitter, etc.)

Edit 3: And no, the ring at the end of the Keep Moving commercials is not in the OS. this one at 0:55: [/QUOTE

thank you for your ring tones.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:35 AM
    need this bb tone original
    dropbox.com/s/bmth17a3scjowds/BB.mp3?dl=0
    10-09-14 09:41 AM
    CB legend, Wu-wei, put these together some time ago. This has about everything. https://db.tt/pkejI7vK
    vjfratiani likes this.
    07-01-16 09:21 PM
64 123