after tho lunch (30 January) when exactly is it perceived there are going to be devices on the market for non contract phones. will the price be outrageous as the apple devices? or bb might just be the next expensive thing
    01-18-13 02:05 AM
    Hi there and welcome to CrackBerry. Any answer to either question would be speculative right now.
    For the date, people are suggesting anywhere from the actual launch date all the way to the end of march (I personally believe it will be the Feb 11 or 12, but don't have any evidence to support this).
    As for the price, Bell MSRP is suggested to be $700, but this is not firm, and Bell is known for over pricing their devices relative to other carriers to push people to sign up for contract subsidized devices.
    BUT! If you'd like more information on these issues, I would suggest you search the forms (using the forms search tool just below the header on your page). All of these topics have been discussed at great length (even though it's pretty much just speculation and educated - or uneducated - guess work at this point)
    jimpilot and VanMtl like this.
    01-18-13 02:28 AM
    I think we can assume the BB will be less than an iPhone can't we?
    01-18-13 07:27 AM
    IMHO, if BB wants to be competitive, they will need to be agressive with their pricing and their marketing. There are just too many Androids, iPhone, and now Windows phone out there. Tough market, but I like to see BB succeed. I don't have a BB phone, but I've been intrigue with it features and UI. Go RIM!
    01-18-13 07:49 AM
    Why would it be less than an "old" generation phone like the iPhone 5? That makes no sense at all except to perhaps Apple fans.....

R...

I think we can assume the BB will be less than an iPhone can't we?
    01-18-13 08:26 AM
    Why would it be less than an "old" generation phone like the iPhone 5? That makes no sense at all except to perhaps Apple fans...
    The iphone is overpriced and bought by isheep. We Blackberry users are far more discerning and won't overpay. Playbook is a lot cheaper than the ipad mini. Go figure!
    01-18-13 10:31 AM
    The iphone is overpriced and bought by isheep. We Blackberry users are far more discerning and won't overpay. Playbook is a lot cheaper than the ipad mini. Go figure!
    I hope you are right, my only worry is that when the playbook came out it was priced similar to the Ipad.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-18-13 10:34 AM
    I hope you are right, my only worry is that when the playbook came out it was priced similar to the Ipad.
    I wouldn't worry. The Z10 is nothing like the PB (at launch) and the launch of the PB was nothing when compared to how the launch of the Z10 will be.
    01-18-13 10:40 AM
    Don't remind me! �330 on day one for a 16GB version I could now buy for �100. Yowch! Strangely enough, I will be waiting a few months before buying a Z10 (I say that now but maybe not in February!)
    01-18-13 10:49 AM
    I share this concern about BlackBerry Z10 pricing. Once bitten, twice shy. No smartphone is worth more than CAD/USD250.00 off-contract and for every year of a contract the price should decrease by CAD/USD100.00. Research In Motion needs smartphones in as many hands as possible; this is not the time to foolishly think Apple iPhone pricing can be justified.
    01-18-13 03:13 PM
    i think they learnt their lesson. 800$ is out.. hoping for 4-500$

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-18-13 03:24 PM
    You never know, the Nexus 4 may have permanently reduced smartphone prices.
    01-18-13 03:26 PM
    Don't remind me! �330 on day one for a 16GB version I could now buy for �100. Yowch! Strangely enough, I will be waiting a few months before buying a Z10 (I say that now but maybe not in February!)
    However you did get a couple of years usage that has to be worth something. Maybe not 230 pounds but some value to you.
    01-18-13 03:31 PM
    However you did get a couple of years usage that has to be worth something. Maybe not 230 pounds but some value to you.
    I didn't use it much as the wifi was dodgy and the browser kept crashing. It took a long time for RIM to address the bugs. It's ok now but it really damaged my perception of RIM. It is one of the main reasons BB10 was delayed. They know they cannot afford another fiasco like the Playbook launch. This is all ancient history now...
    01-18-13 04:27 PM
    Just had a RIM rep stop by my work and demo the BB10 for me....the phone is AMAZING!!!!! he didnt give a exact date for release but he hinted that it will be a few weeks after the announcement at the end of the month.
    01-18-13 04:52 PM
    I fully expect this device to be right in line with the latest Iphone as far as price goes.

If you want BlackBerry10 for cheaper you will have to wait for the Curve...or whatever they will call it. R-10?

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-18-13 04:56 PM
    The National Verizon Rep for our company said "March 1" for release. Our AT&T National Rep honestly looked at me and said "uh, I know something is coming"... what the heck.. AT&T used to be ahead of the curve, now they are all iPhone.

Do we know if any vendors are going to carry them outside of the telco's?
    01-18-13 05:31 PM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Sorry Research In Motion has to prove BlackBerry 10 smartphones are worth CAD/USD400.00-500.00 but anything over CAD/USD250.00 off-contract is too much for this tainted brand. I only want a BlackBerry smartphone and as a long-time user the company has yet to prove its latest plastic and silicon products are worth CAD/USD250.00. The days of premium-pricing for BlackBerry are history as the BlackBerry PlayBook fiasco should have taught management. My monthly bill from my wireless carrier exceeds 250.00 with 90% tied directly and indirectly to BlackBerry.
    01-18-13 06:23 PM
    I fully expect this device to be right in line with the latest Iphone as far as price goes.
    Thorsten has lost his mind. He needs these early model BlackBerry Z10 smartphones in the hands of end-users. At premium-pricing levels we need innovative designs like the conceptual BlackBerry Blade instead we are given an Apple iPhone. I am not in the market for an Apple iPhone; RIM has one chance to get it right.
    01-18-13 06:29 PM
    Sorry Research In Motion has to prove BlackBerry 10 smartphones are worth CAD/USD400.00-500.00 but anything over CAD/USD250.00 off-contract is too much for this tainted brand. I only want a BlackBerry smartphone and as a long-time user the company has yet to prove its latest plastic and silicon products are worth CAD/USD250.00. The days of premium-pricing for BlackBerry are history as the BlackBerry PlayBook fiasco should have taught management. My monthly bill from my wireless carrier exceeds 250.00 with 90% tied directly and indirectly to BlackBerry.
    How can you spend over $225/month for one BackBerry phone?

I have 4 BBs with Bell and don't pay that much.
    01-18-13 06:41 PM
    Thorsten has lost his mind. He needs these early model BlackBerry Z10 smartphones in the hands of end-users
    I think you jump ahead. Thorsten hasn't said anything on pricing, has he?
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-19-13 05:25 AM
    I live in the UK so I think we'll be behind by around half a month-a month on availability and i expect to pay around �400.. well thats all im hoping to pay, I could be massively wrong with my estimates because with Bell's pricing of 800 that makes �508... ouch.
    01-19-13 05:41 AM
    How can you spend over $225/month for one BackBerry phone?

I have 4 BBs with Bell and don't pay that much.
    I have multiple BIS and BES accounts, multiple BlackBerry smartphones some of which are used for research purposes, plus a backup Internet access method for my normal cable/DSL Internet.
    01-19-13 06:57 AM
    Hi there and welcome to CrackBerry. Any answer to either question would be speculative right now.
    For the date, people are suggesting anywhere from the actual launch date all the way to the end of march (I personally believe it will be the Feb 11 or 12, but don't have any evidence to support this).
    As for the price, Bell MSRP is suggested to be $700, but this is not firm, and Bell is known for over pricing their devices relative to other carriers to push people to sign up for contract subsidized devices.
    BUT! If you'd like more information on these issues, I would suggest you search the forms (using the forms search tool just below the header on your page). All of these topics have been discussed at great length (even though it's pretty much just speculation and educated - or uneducated - guess work at this point)
    They $700 Bell price is a rumor, it's also been said many times that the $699.99 was a placeholder on the form until the real price is released on Jan 30.
    01-19-13 06:58 AM
    I live in the UK so I think we'll be behind by around half a month-a month on availability and i expect to pay around �400.. well thats all im hoping to pay, I could be massively wrong with my estimates because with Bell's pricing of 800 that makes �508... ouch.
    You forget the Ripoff Britain factor and the $=� exchange rate for technology
    01-19-13 07:00 AM
42 12