[tip]Please keep it civil, no personal attacks and name calling. I'm only going to say it once, I know how quickly these type of threads can get out of hand. As you will see, I've already cleaned this one up![/tip]
    04-12-13 09:01 PM
    I didn't say it was a failure. I'm just saying it did not deliver. BlackBerry 10 definitely needs work.

Posted via CB10
    I think you should re-read your first post where you specifically said BB 10 had failed. But you lost any remaining shred of credibility when you said the browser is sub par. I've used pretty much every mobile browser there is. and BlackBerry Browser in BB 10 is plain and simply the best in the industry today. It's not just up to par, it's the gold standard by which all other mobile browsers should be judged. Everyone else gave up on delivering the full web in a mobile browser, BlackBerry proved they are the only company up the challenge and delivered a lighting fast full flash supporting best HTML 5 rendering browser in the game.

Give the platform a chance. It's all new and more feature complete then any other platform before it was when it debuted. In a couple years if BlackBerry keeps up the breakneck speed of development, they will leave everyone else in the dust. But every great platform has to start somewhere. It's sure as heck better then iPhone OS version 1.0
    04-12-13 09:01 PM
    Hahahaha the browser is not up to par? Good one

Posted via CB10
    One problem is that pinch to zoom doesn't resize the text like android and ios. Other than that the browser is very good.
    magtheridon2000 likes this.
    04-12-13 09:05 PM
    One problem is that pinch to zoom doesn't resize the text like android and ios. Other than that the browser is very good.
    If pinch and zoom is his issue then he should clarify that. And that certainly doesn't make the browser below par.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-12-13 09:06 PM
    BlackBerry Browser in BB 10 is plain and simply the best in the industry today. It's not just up to par, it's the gold standard by which all other mobile browsers should be judged. Everyone else gave up on delivering the full web in a mobile browser, BlackBerry proved they are the only company up the challenge (...)
    Amen

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and allstar0088 like this.
    04-12-13 09:06 PM
    [tip]Please keep it civil, no personal attacks and name calling. I'm only going to say it once, I know how quickly these type of threads can get out of hand. As you will see, I've already cleaned this one up![/tip]
    What if the Z10 forum had an "official Blackberry z10 complaint thread"? That way for those of us who would like to ask constructive questions, have real problems we need solutions for, and engage in non-trolling discussions, we could avoid getting sucked into threads like this. This forum has gotten quite silly over the past week or so... Probably not going to happen, but it's just a thought...
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-12-13 09:08 PM
    Perfectly put. Can not do better.
    I agree with the OP, for instance I loved my torch, all blackberry needed to do is modernize it with better hardware and a better browser instead they decided to reinvent the wheel, the problem is that the end product is a hexagon instead of a circle that is going to take many months to round the corners. If I could have the soul of my Torch in the body of the Z10 I would be lost in love.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    04-12-13 09:10 PM
    I must say I am a bit disappointed. I had high hopes for the Z10 but it seems to have failed. BlackBerry has a lot of work to do if they are going to compete against IOS, android, or even Windows. I thought I'd just vent and I know this is not the place to do it but I am wondering how many of you out there feel the same way?

Posted via CB10
    I completely disagree. I've used the newest Apple, and android phones and the Z10 is the best for my needs at least. It lacks in only one place and that is apps. Apps aside the phone itself is simplier to use than Android and can multitask better than Apple. It takes the best of the other 2 platforms and puts it in a fast sleek package. I had high hopes for this phone and after having one now for a couple weeks, I got to say that Blackberry knocked this one out of the park.
    04-12-13 09:10 PM
    I didn't say it was a failure. I'm just saying it did not deliver. BlackBerry 10 definitely needs work.

Posted via CB10
    Failure == did not deliver in my opinion, not sure how they could be considered different. And I feel that they did, really solidly too.

This is a first gen platform for BlackBerry and people dont seem to take that into account ever and it has to be. iOS and android have 6 years on BlackBerry from a development standpoint, if not more

I agree that it needs work, pasting phone numbers is a prime example, but the phone itself isnt missing any huge gaps in capabilities. It performs brilliantly, is top of the field when it comes to communication and the Hub. The browser has consistently impressed me with just how fast it loads pages and I truly believe it to be the best browser currently out there on a mobile platform. And BlackBerry is still going full speed on development, we've already had a few updates and 10.1 should bring even more improvements and I dont see them slowing down for the next year at least.

Apps... well again this is a young platform thats been out for a few months vs the years that iOS and Android have been building up their catalogs. Do Facebook and Twitter need work, definitely, are we missing some big apps like Skype and "insert other big name here because I cant think of one" but there are some amazing apps already in the app store CB10, a lot of big games World of Goo, SW Angry Birds. etc, we have box and dropbox, I'm not missing much.

Maps, sure its not Google maps but for navigation I have had zero problems with it, if I need walking directions the browser and the mobile gmaps site works more than well enough.

I'm more than happy to have this discussion in as unbiased a way as I can BUT we need more details than just BB10 failed to deliver.
    04-12-13 09:11 PM
    When you have something to read, "Reader" mode works really well. It resizes (like android/ios) and get rid of non - important annoying details

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and SirJes like this.
    04-12-13 09:11 PM
    Wait since when doesnt pinch to zoom work in the browser, works for me......

and yes a big shout out to Reader mode, much more useful than I ever thought it would be
    allstar0088 likes this.
    04-12-13 09:14 PM
    When you have something to read, "Reader" mode works really well. It resizes (like android/ios) and get rid of non - important annoying details

Posted via CB10
    Reader mode is hit or miss. On some sites it stripped too much info.
    04-12-13 09:16 PM
    What if the Z10 forum had an "official Blackberry z10 complaint thread"? That way for those of us who would like to ask constructive questions, have real problems we need solutions for, and engage in non-trolling discussions, we could avoid getting sucked into threads like this. This forum has gotten quite silly over the past week or so... Probably not going to happen, but it's just a thought...
    I just wanted to see how many folks felt a bit disappointed. I should have explained a little bit more in detail but hey the damage is done. Now I know not express your opinion on here or you will get torn apart.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    04-12-13 09:18 PM
    I am sure the OP has never got hands on the Z10. At least, the browser of Z10 can beat my wife's iPhone 5 Safari, 2 times faster than Safari. I have done thousands times of comparison. Don't tell me Safari can show Adobe Flash.
    Regarding the apps, the CBC News apps in my previous iPhone 4 kept crashing and frozen for 2 months. Now, I enjoy the CBC News on Z10 pretty much. BlackBerry World still has a lot of quality apps so far.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench and SDTRMG like this.
    04-12-13 09:18 PM
    It doesn't resize the text?

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-12-13 09:19 PM
    I remember when I got my first iPhone (3G) I thought I was great but on time I missed a lot of the features of my BlackBerry. I remember telling my dad I wish they would combine everything great about the iPhone and blackberry and it would be the perfect smartphone for me. Well, that's what the Z10 is, the perfect smartphone for ME, and apparently many others. There will never be a perfect phone because we are all different and we all value different things from our devices. I hope you find your own perfect device.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:19 PM
    Failure == did not deliver in my opinion, not sure how they could be considered different. And I feel that they did, really solidly too.

This is a first gen platform for BlackBerry and people dont seem to take that into account ever and it has to be. iOS and android have 6 years on BlackBerry from a development standpoint, if not more

I agree that it needs work, pasting phone numbers is a prime example, but the phone itself isnt missing any huge gaps in capabilities. It performs brilliantly, is top of the field when it comes to communication and the Hub. The browser has consistently impressed me with just how fast it loads pages and I truly believe it to be the best browser currently out there on a mobile platform. And BlackBerry is still going full speed on development, we've already had a few updates and 10.1 should bring even more improvements and I dont see them slowing down for the next year at least.

Apps... well again this is a young platform thats been out for a few months vs the years that iOS and Android have been building up their catalogs. Do Facebook and Twitter need work, definitely, are we missing some big apps like Skype and "insert other big name here because I cant think of one" but there are some amazing apps already in the app store CB10, a lot of big games World of Goo, SW Angry Birds. etc, we have box and dropbox, I'm not missing much.

Maps, sure its not Google maps but for navigation I have had zero problems with it, if I need walking directions the browser and the mobile gmaps site works more than well enough.

I'm more than happy to have this discussion in as unbiased a way as I can BUT we need more details than just BB10 failed to deliver.
    Fair enough I should have been a lot more specific.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:20 PM
    It's a fully capable. I came from a Note 2 and I'm very happy with my Z10. Only little disappointment I had was the battery but I got a spare battery charger bundle. Battery life is about the same as iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    allstar0088 likes this.
    04-12-13 09:22 PM
    What exactly are your issues with the Z10

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-12-13 09:24 PM
    The nature of this forum is to allow open communication. Creating a forum\thread for 'complaints' is not the way to go. On a whole, members have to know when to curb what they really want to say - LOL

But, I do get where you're coming from; we just want all members to have good solid debates and communication about devices, etc.

Anyway, you know the latest BB10 device is the best thing since sliced bread. Just because the OP isn't satisfied with it, well, that's their issue, albeit they should take some more time to review said device and communicate with others on how to get around X or Y issues they may have had...

Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-12-13 09:27 PM
    I would say minor work. All of the framework is in place. Things like dialing a number from a web page, better cut and paste features and apps are all relatively easy to refine or add. Of course, BB10 is at the mercy of developers on the app side of things. That said, I think BB10 could use a bit of polishing when it comes to the UI and flow frames. They are totally square and do not have any gradient or transition fade effect. Maybe when you slide a frame a small bezel with a tab could appear on the edge?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:29 PM
    Just a thought when I read titles of posts like this.

Why does everybody have to compete and try to beat or be like Apple and Android? Why are they the ones that we all have to be like? I just don't understand.

How about BlackBerry Be the BMW of the mobile phone industry. Bmw's market is not in competition with the Toyotas and fords.

Just my two cents.
    lordluigi, SDTRMG and allstar0088 like this.
    04-12-13 09:32 PM
    The browser is not up to par with others.
    The fact that you state this shows that you have not a clue.
    04-12-13 09:32 PM
    I can't dial a phone number from a website or even an email.
    Really? I did that just tonight.
    04-12-13 09:34 PM
    The fact that you state this shows that you have not a clue.
    Browser is bangin', yo!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:35 PM
66 123