View Poll Results: Should BB10 include the option for additional shutter sounds, including the option to disable it?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 72.22%
  • No, due to the possibility of unsolicited photos

2 11.11%
  • No, due to conflicting legislation

2 11.11%
  • No, because I said so (write a comment if you have a valid reason)

1 5.56%
    Preface: This thread is not meant to encourage arguing over the morality of people's ability to take unsolicited photos using a smartphone. Such arguments should take place in a separate thread.

BB, please include additional shutter sound options in the next update! This is not strictly limited to volume/silent shutter sound options, so any suggestions as to how additional shutter sounds may be implemented are also welcome.

Should additional shutter sound options be available (silent or otherwise)?
    Yes----------------------------------------No
    0-------------------------------------------0
    0%-----------------------------------------0%

Please note the following:
    Only legitimate answers are included.
    Option 2) This option is irrelevant, since third party apps will allow this regardless of BB's implementation. Also, the majority of competing smartphones have the option of silencing the shutter sound
    Option 3) This option is irrelevant, since such legislation *does not* exist
    Option 4) This option is not counted in the poll, unless a valid, justifiable reason is provided (in which case, I'll specifically add your vote).
    * Mods, please feel free to delete any comments that are not *directly* related to the argument that additional shutter sound options need to be implemented by BB. Thanks.*
    Last edited by Adam Zeis; 04-10-13 at 04:31 PM. Reason: font
    04-10-13 02:58 PM
    *reserved*
    04-10-13 03:00 PM
    i just got my z10 and i have to say that this disappoints me. i had an iphone 5 before this phone and i was previously using mostly feature phones and they all had this option. as a lawyer it strikes me as odd that blackbrry has left out the option since no legislation exists to prohibit it.

oh.....im not sure if that legislation comment was not directly linked to the additional options argument....please let me know if it was....thanks....
    04-10-13 03:05 PM
    Please note the following:
    Only legitimate answers are included.
    Option 2) This option is irrelevant, since third party apps will allow this regardless of BB's implementation. Also, the majority of competing smartphones have the option of silencing the shutter sound
    Option 3) This option is irrelevant, since such legislation *does not* exist
    Option 4) This option is not counted in the poll, unless a valid, justifiable reason is provided (in which case, I'll specifically add your vote).
    * Mods, please feel free to delete any comments that are not *directly* related to the argument that additional shutter sound options need to be implemented by BB. Thanks.*
    What's the point of a poll if you're steering people to your desired answer?

Note on Option 1 - It's just as valid to use your Option 2 disclaimer "..irrelevant, since third party apps..." for it.
    Note on Option 3 - Yes, such legislation does exist. People who may vote here may live in places where it does.

If you want honest answers to your poll, I'd offer the friendly advice that you remove your notes, and let the voters make up their own minds.

Best of luck.
    BerryClever likes this.
    04-10-13 03:08 PM
    What's the point of a poll if you're steering people to your desired answer?

Note on Option 1 - It's just as valid to use your Option 2 disclaimer "..irrelevant, since third party apps..." for it.
    Note on Option 3 - Yes, such legislation does exist. People who may vote here may live in places where it does.

If you want honest answers to your poll, I'd offer the friendly advice that you remove your notes, and let the voters make up their own minds.

Best of luck.
    i agree but i dont want to use apps for something the phone should be able to do....my nokia feature phone could do this lol...and for the legislation argument i think it only exists in korea...but bb10 isnt launching there...and if they did an option can be added later...
    04-10-13 03:10 PM
    I voted no, for what it's worth, because as you say, other 3rd party apps provide this functionality.
    04-10-13 03:11 PM
    I voted no, for what it's worth, because as you say, other 3rd party apps provide this functionality.
    did he get banned.......how will those numbers in the post get updated...
    04-10-13 03:12 PM
    it aint changing, it's the law in Canada. BB a Canadian company.

#Pedo's
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-10-13 03:12 PM

#Pedo's
    do u have a source to back that up......i lived in buffalo and used to go to canada a lot so im familiar with their legislation....there is no such law. are u calling me a pedo...............
    04-10-13 03:14 PM
    i just saw my old phone.........and it has other sound to.....not just camera sound..........i want a clap......and say cheese..............it would be nice to use for kids.....they always look when u say say cheese..........lol
    04-10-13 03:31 PM
    BB10 does not need a native silent shutter.

It is already easy enough to get around shutter sounds on the Z10 (not a good thing) why make it easier for the creepers

How ever the option to change between different sounds would be cool, as long as they don't allow you to use custom sounds

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 03:36 PM
    but all my other phones have silent shutter......lol......iphone has it too and more ppl uses iphone.......
    04-10-13 03:38 PM
    did he get banned.......how will those numbers in the post get updated...
    Oh Snap! You're right. So ends the crusade.
    04-10-13 03:38 PM
    i voted yes even though i dont care either way because the shutter sound doesn't bother me. having the option to change it up depending on your use case is always the best though. this option should be at the OS level too so one can take full advantage of all of the camera features.
    04-10-13 03:49 PM

#Pedo's
    Once again this non-argument is brought up. Why can't people just have opinions instead of bringing "laws" into it that don't exist?

It is posts like these that begin the flame wars. I can't believe I even clicked on this thread out of curiosity, and I certainly won't be staying.

If you're going to try and insult people, learn the difference between plural and possessive.

#Ignoramus
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-10-13 03:53 PM

#Pedo's

Wrong. No such law exists.

iPhones have silent shutters and other phones give users the option to silence the shutter.

#Paranoid
    #Uninformed
    #Fearoftheboogieman
    shnozwo likes this.
    04-10-13 04:05 PM
    Wrong. No such law exists.

iPhones have silent shutters and other phones give users the option to silence the shutter.

#Paranoid
    #Uninformed
    #Fearoftheboogieman
    lol........exactly....
    04-10-13 04:07 PM
    I'm going with no - still standing by the fact that I don't want any creepers taking photos of my wife or kids without me knowing.
    wolf_359 likes this.
    04-10-13 04:32 PM