Really Blackberry?? One Alarm?? Talk about lack if innovation

Posted via CB10
    ihys, Etios, BB10fanatic and 1 others like this.
    04-09-13 10:57 AM
    I use my 920 for multiple alarms and when I sell it, the responsibility will move on to my nexus 7. It was a major oversight, yes.
    04-09-13 10:58 AM
    I can set as many alarms as I like using the calendar.
    Why the need for multiple alarms as opposed to calendar reminders?

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    04-09-13 10:59 AM
    You do realize appointments should be filed into the calendar. This way you can have multiple alarms. The clock is just for waking you up in the morning and small stuff like that.

Also, if you're just being a troll, try harder.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:59 AM
    Has anybody else been embarrassed when company comes over and the Z10 didn't get the dishes spotless?

I'm bringing it back as soon as it's done screwing up folding my laundry.

-Chris-
    04-09-13 11:01 AM
    You do realize appointments should be filed into the calendar. This way you can have multiple alarms. The clock is just for waking you up in the morning and small stuff like that.

Also, if you're just being a troll, try harder.

Posted via CB10
    Well no he isn't trolling. On the iPhone I came from I could set two alarms as I work two jobs and don't have regular days off. Two of my 7 working days I have a different wake up time and had a different alarm just for these days. I can't do this on the Z10. That being said, I still hold onto my iPhone as an alarm clock now. All this being said, this is a simple fix that should come in one of the updates, hopefully sooner rather than later.

"Small stuff like that." -- Perhaps it was a small meeting? Perhaps missing it wasn't a life or death situation but still frustrating?

Might want to refresh your definition of troll. Also look up 'frustrated' while you're at it.

~Timett, Son of Timett
    ihys, Etios, cornbread0715 and 3 others like this.
    04-09-13 11:03 AM
    Lets see, I wake up to 1 alarm every morning, check my phone, see that I have a meeting or a drs appointment or tele conference. Haven't missed a single one yet. Maybe because I am an efficient person.
    ErinnM, Frehley, DocDRM and 4 others like this.
    04-09-13 11:03 AM
    BlackBerry is awful. Blah blah blah.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Frehley, shnozwo, dwane32 and 7 others like this.
    04-09-13 11:05 AM
    Lets see, I wake up to 1 alarm every morning, check my phone, see that I have a meeting or a drs appointment or tele conference. Haven't missed a single one yet. Maybe because I am an efficient person.
    Efficient for one person is not always efficient for another. Throwing indirect insults helps no one.

~Timett, Son of Timett
    ihys, Etios, Blacula and 1 others like this.
    04-09-13 11:06 AM
    Efficient for one person is not always efficient for another. Throwing indirect insults helps no one.

~Timett, Son of Timett
    I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just saying, I put everything in my calendar and my phone goes off at a predefined time of an appointment
    diegonei likes this.
    04-09-13 11:08 AM
    My calendar has about 15-50 entries a day! I'm very organized.
    04-09-13 11:09 AM
    Seriously?

So what event did you set the alarm for instead of using it to wake up for your important meeting?

100% blame definitely goes to the phone...
    diegonei likes this.
    04-09-13 11:10 AM
    I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just saying, I put everything in my calendar and my phone goes off at a predefined time of an appointment
    Yep! That is why a calender is for putting your schedules in and an alarm is for waking you up.

DocDRM, diegonei, Mecca EL and 2 others like this.
    04-09-13 11:10 AM
    All you guys just blast the person on pointing out a clearly obvious flaw in bb10..You guys all remind me of used car salesman at least Timmet knows what's going on..

Posted via CB10
    ihys, Etios, aming63 and 4 others like this.
    04-09-13 11:13 AM
    Maybe because I am an efficient person.
    Implying he is being inefficient = indirect insult even if it wasn't intended. And like I said, efficiency is subject to interpretation. Setting alarms for every individual appointment may not be his ideal when he could just as easily adjust multiple alarms to suit his needs.

~Timett, Son of Timett
    04-09-13 11:14 AM
    If you guys were so important you wouldn't be on c rack berry at 12 on a tuesday...bring on the bashing

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:14 AM
    Well no he isn't trolling. On the iPhone I came from I could set two alarms as I work two jobs and don't have regular days off. Two of my 7 working days I have a different wake up time and had a different alarm just for these days. I can't do this on the Z10. That being said, I still hold onto my iPhone as an alarm clock now. All this being said, this is a simple fix that should come in one of the updates, hopefully sooner rather than later.

"Small stuff like that." -- Perhaps it was a small meeting? Perhaps missing it wasn't a life or death situation but still frustrating?

Might want to refresh your definition of troll. Also look up 'frustrated' while you're at it.

~Timett, Son of Timett
    I see your point. But is it that difficult to change your wakeup time when you plug your phone in before you go to sleep? I mean...BlackBerry made it really easy.

Like you, I also have different wake up times. I'm managing just fine without the feature to set multiple alarms.

I find it somewhat lazy to complain about something easy and simple to do.

As for appointments, set them in your calendar. That should do the trick.

Soon we are going to complain about how our device can't read our minds and set the alarms for us.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:17 AM
    If you guys were so important you wouldn't be on c rack berry at 12 on a tuesday...bring on the bashing

Posted via CB10
    From the guy who's on crackberry at 12 on a tuesday. Trolls will be trolls.

~Timett, Son of Timett
    diegonei likes this.
    04-09-13 11:18 AM
    Maybe some people wake up several times a day!? They sleep again after waking up and they need another alarm 3 hours later. Snooze only works 5-10 minutes at a time, right?
    An alarm is to wake you up . . a calender alarm is so while you're on the go you can check your schedule. I shouldn't have to set a calender alarm to to wake up in the morning

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    Wow life is tough...only one alarm. how could you blackberry? Can you say first world problems?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:20 AM
    All you guys just blast the person on pointing out a clearly obvious flaw in bb10..You guys all remind me of used car salesman at least Timmet knows what's going on..

Posted via CB10
    How is it an obvious flaw? Timmet is a different thing all together because he needs different wake up times for different days. what happen to the days of 1 night table alarm clock that you just set every night? like seriously.

People forget that there was a time not very long ago, did things efficiently with 1 alarm clock, and wrote things down on a calendar or pad and paper and MOST people wouldn't be late or miss appointments.

The dependence on a mobile device is pathetic now. People can't think for themselves, they don't learn for themselves, they have no patience and have a serious case of ADD.

How many times (i am included) have you been asked a question and say right away, hang on, I'll google that? 10yrs ago, we would say, I don't know, and that wasn't very efficient but it was honest. people rely way too much on tech. I am one of them, but I'm changing that. There are a lot of nights I read a physical book instead of watching hockey.
    ErinnM, zyad, DeeLishusOne and 4 others like this.
    04-09-13 11:20 AM
    Wow life is tough...only one alarm. how could you blackberry? Can you say first world problems?

Posted via CB10
    Lol someone should make that a meme

shnozwo, dwane32, SDTRMG and 2 others like this.
    04-09-13 11:21 AM
    Stop feeding the trolls please. They're ruining the forum. Just people paid to b**** and talk down about Berry.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:21 AM
    I see your point. But is it that difficult to change your wakeup time when you plug your phone in before you go to sleep? I mean...BlackBerry made it really easy.

Like you, I also have different wake up times. I'm managing just fine without the feature to set multiple alarms.

I find it somewhat lazy to complain about something easy and simple to do.

As for appointments, set them in your calendar. That should do the trick.

Soon we are going to complain about how our device can't read our minds and set the alarms for us.

Posted via CB10
    It isn't lazy in the least. Its a simple quality of life issue. It isn't essential but it makes life easier. By your argument, keeping my iPhone as an alarm clock because it offers that feature I find useful, is "lazy". I guess I should abide by your method of efficiency and change my alarm every night. Silly me and everyone else for asking for basic features to suit their needs.

~Timett, Son of Timett
    zensen and RazzBerry like this.
    04-09-13 11:22 AM
289 123 ...