I'm living in Bahrain and they do not support 4G yet, not even a carrier. So while you're saying all BB10 devices are based on LTE versions, does this mean I can't get my device to work unless they've got 4G network around?
    02-06-13 03:10 PM
    I'm living in Bahrain and they do not support 4G yet, not even a carrier. So while you're saying all BB10 devices are based on LTE versions, does this mean I can't get my device to work unless they've got 4G network around?
    You can get it to work even on 2G! It works fine just like every other mobile device you ever owned. 4G is just an additional option you can even disable it to save Battery.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-06-13 03:14 PM
    Yeah it will work fine. You just won't have 4g till the carriers start support it.
    02-06-13 03:17 PM
    Oh thank God! I almost had a heart attack here. Well, I'm not sure about 4G as I don't care about it that much, not to mention it will drain my battery life alot later. So naaah.
    02-06-13 03:22 PM
    Glad it all worked out then btw the phone is awesome. Using it it to type in these forum
    02-06-13 03:30 PM
    All the Z10 models got 4G LTE. Just if your carrier offers the same frequency it will work.
    I think this is exactly what it will come down to.

Just as I said, Etisalat (UAE) is as stupid as Qtel(Qatar). But at least the devices that will be available for sale should work fine.
    So basically all the devices sold in the Middle East will support LTE (Etisilat, Du, Axiom, Mobily, STC, Qtel, etc). However, it will only work if your service provider is using the right frequency. We just need to find out who uses what frequency.
    02-07-13 12:28 AM
    Check this out guys, not sure what to make out of this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...wn-web-768825/
    02-07-13 03:23 AM
    I think this is exactly what it will come down to.

So basically all the devices sold in the Middle East will support LTE (Etisilat, Du, Axiom, Mobily, STC, Qtel, etc). However, it will only work if your service provider is using the right frequency. We just need to find out who uses what frequency.
    unfortunately no. i asked some of the staff in Axiom, Mobily, and STC and they told BlackBerry Z10 (ver. RFG81UW) will be 3G ready and it will not support 4G!
    BTW i tried bbm voice and bbm video on the z10 and these features work just fine in Saudi Arabia over wifi and network! amazing
    02-07-13 06:26 AM
    Yeah it will work fine. You just won't have 4g till the carriers start support it.
    Actually, you might never get more than HSPA+ on that device, it all depends on which variant your carriers chose to launch,
    02-07-13 06:38 AM
    I really feel it's the Middle Eastern carriers maybe acting cheap purchasing cheaper 4G LTE transmitters with frequency that no one else in the world uses? It's sad I will have a Z10 and 4G LTE not working.
    02-07-13 06:41 AM
    just found this info regarding 4G Support! (there's 4 versions of Z10)

1- RFH121LW (UK)
    Quad-band LTE support: LTE 800, LTE 900, LTE 1800, LTE 2600 MHz

2- RFG81UW (Middle East)
    Does not support 4G

3- RFK121LW (US & Canada)
    Quad-band LTE support: LTE 700, LTE 850, LTE 1700, LTE 1900 MHz band

4- RFA91LW (Verizon - US)
    Single-band LTE support: LTE 700 MHz

I think i will wait and pre-order it from clove.co.uk because it's compatible with my network!
    Last edited by iThamerBB; 02-07-13 at 06:56 AM.
    02-07-13 06:45 AM
    On the plus side, a hspa+ device is likely to have better battery life while still being nice and quick.

As far as lte, it actually goes beyond choice of frequency being the issue in some middle east countries as there are some in that region that will be going with the td-lte option that will mean a more limited choice of devices being available to people over there too.
    iThamerBB likes this.
    02-07-13 06:47 AM
    just found this info regarding 4G Support! (there's 4 versions of Z10)

1- RFH121LW (UK)
    Quad-band LTE support: LTE 800, LTE 900, LTE 1800, LTE 2600 MHz

2- RFG81UW (Middle East)
    Does not support 4G

3- RFK121LW (US & Canada)
    Quad-band LTE support: LTE 700, LTE 850, LTE 1700, LTE 1900 MHz band

4- RFA91LW (Verizon - US)
    Single-band LTE support: LTE 700 MHz

I think i will wait and pre-order it from clove.co.uk because it's compatible with my network!
    Thanks for the info, can you confirm this info? Also which carrier are you using?

I think I'm going to cancel my preorder with Axiom and do that same thing as you, they can keep their non LTE devices. Not sure whos brilliant idea this was, but someone botched it. I'm beyond disappointed.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-07-13 07:58 AM
    Thanks for the info, can you confirm this info? Also which carrier are you using?

I think I'm going to cancel my preorder with Axiom and do that same thing as you, they can keep their non LTE devices. Not sure whos brilliant idea this was, but someone botched it. I'm beyond disappointed.
    I'm guessing you live in the UAE. if yes, then the UK version of Z10 should work just fine there.
    I'm on STC and their LTE frequency is 1800 MHz. So the UK version of Z10 (RFH121LW) is compatible with STC and the other networks such as Zain, and Mobily here in KSA. even UAE carriers (Du and Etisalat) are on 1800 MHz
    sources:
    Du: who we are �du > du steps up mobile broadband experience with Internet speeds of upto 100Mbps with the launch of its LTE network
    Etisalat: https://twitter.com/EtisalatUAE/stat...59145159213056

02-07-13 08:42 AM
    That's disappointing. I might get a free Z10 at the BlackBerry 10 Launch Event in Qatar. Not sure if they will give me the US/Canada version or the Middle East version :/ I hope the US/Canada.
    02-07-13 09:09 AM
    I saw another post ask whether the ones available in the UAE have the BBM voice/video chat already disabled? This was similar to the IPhone's FaceTime when it came out - the UAE models did not have it and you couldn't download it. Am wondering if:

a) someone buys the Z10 from the UAE, is the BBM Voice/video already disabled? and
    b) if we use a UK version on Etisalat or DU's network, will the BBM voip then work?
    02-07-13 09:42 AM
    I saw another post ask whether the ones available in the UAE have the BBM voice/video chat already disabled? This was similar to the IPhone's FaceTime when it came out - the UAE models did not have it and you couldn't download it. Am wondering if:

a) someone buys the Z10 from the UAE, is the BBM Voice/video already disabled? and
    b) if we use a UK version on Etisalat or DU's network, will the BBM voip then work?
    First it's all because of the UAE blocking them not BlackBerry. Second it's not about the device itself it's about the OS installed on it and the carrier. If you have an OS that was installed outside the UAE I believe you might get the BBM Voice and Video. They will not work unless you use a Proxy or Google Public DNS.
    iThamerBB likes this.
    02-07-13 09:48 AM
    A
    I'm guessing you live in the UAE. if yes, then the UK version of Z10 should work just fine there.
    I'm on STC and their LTE frequency is 1800 MHz. So the UK version of Z10 (RFH121LW) is compatible with STC and the other networks such as Zain, and Mobily here in KSA. even UAE carriers (Du and Etisalat) are on 1800 MHz
    sources:
    Du: who we are �du > du steps up mobile broadband experience with Internet speeds of upto 100Mbps with the launch of its LTE network
    Etisalat: https://twitter.com/EtisalatUAE/stat...59145159213056

Thanks for the info! I'm actually with STC as well. Also I just got out of Seef mall (Bahrain) from the Viva store and they had a Z10 on display. I went into the "About" section and it had:

Model Number: STL100-1

According to this article, it clearly does NOT support LTE, which to be frank is a very, very big disappointment. I don't know what BlackBerry was thinking or the carriers, but this is a huge letdown.

BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry 10 In Depth: What Is The Difference Between Z10STL100-2 And Z10STL100-3?

And some wiki to get an idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks:
    02-07-13 09:51 AM
    A

Thanks for the info! I'm actually with STC as well. Also I just got out of Seef mall (Bahrain) from the Viva store and they had a Z10 on display. I went into the "About" section and it had:

Model Number: STL100-1

According to this article, it clearly does NOT support LTE, which to be frank is a very, very big disappointment. I don't know what BlackBerry was thinking or the carriers, but this is a huge letdown.

BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry 10 In Depth: What Is The Difference Between Z10STL100-2 And Z10STL100-3?

And some wiki to get an idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks:
    That's really disappointing.
    02-07-13 09:52 AM
    Ok, For those who attended the BlackBerry 10 Launch Event in Dubai, Which model did you get?
    02-07-13 09:57 AM
    First it's all because of the UAE blocking them not BlackBerry. Second it's not about the device itself it's about the OS installed on it and the carrier. If you have an OS that was installed outside the UAE I believe you might get the BBM Voice and Video. They will not work unless you use a Proxy or Google Public DNS.
    I totally understand - I lived there for 14 years My question was geared towards learning whether to buy one from the UAE or not since I have someone who can pick one up for me and send it to me here.
    02-07-13 10:02 AM
    I totally understand - I lived there for 14 years My question was geared towards learning whether to buy one from the UAE or not since I have someone who can pick one up for me and send it to me here.
    If this is anything like the Playbook, then it won't work. At one point, my PlayBook which was bought from Canada had the video chat blocked in Saudi Arabia and The UAE. I was given a message that this feature is not supported in your region.

So I don't think it's hardware or software, but rather our networks putting restrictions on the devices.
    02-07-13 10:49 AM
    02-07-13 12:49 PM
    Yeah that's what I had like to know. My country is still not yet supporting LTE so I'm wondering if we're gonna get the LTE versions and will work fine on 3G?
    We will not be getting the LTE versions in the middle east
    02-09-13 09:09 AM
    We will not be getting the LTE versions in the middle east
    According to one of STC's top dudes, STC will be getting LTE devices within 2 month. Not that I will wait but he just tweeted that. I also asked him who's brilliant idea was it to bring non LTE devices to this region to which he didn't respond to.
    angad7.10 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:13 AM
79 1234