Just spoke to Axiom this afternoon and the rep over the phone told me they should have them in stock 2-3 weeks from today.
    01-31-13 06:35 AM
    Got a free Z10 from the Dubai launch last night. Everyone who attended got a smartphone.
    01-31-13 06:37 AM
    Got a free Z10 from the Dubai launch last night. Everyone who attended got a smartphone.
    The handset you have is a UAE issue. What is the deal with BBMV. How is it different from the units in UK/US
    02-02-13 10:01 AM
    i can safely say the adoption of the bb10 in the middle east will be quite dismal , why? Because of all the F'in restrictions on using voip of any kind , and the exorbitant rates for txt and calls, Whatsapp and Viber are absolutely essential apps that determine the purchase of the phone , and in this case since bb10 has a lack of these apps, it wont be adopted, i read somewhere the z10 will be appx AED 3,000.00 , which is just plain F ridiculous for an unknown fone
    Last edited by dataphry; 02-02-13 at 10:08 AM. Reason: //
    02-02-13 10:07 AM
    Yes you are right. There needs to be a cross platform communicator. The carriers are definitely stifling the growth of BB10 in the UAE. It is such a shame to see this go down the pan at such an early stage. The phone will retail at AED 2,599 so you will have some change
    02-02-13 10:11 AM
    According to Axiom's website this phone will be available on February 10-15. This slight delay seems to be a good thing to at least get WhatsApp on BB World as this app is used religiously used here. Hopefully we see an app within the next couple of weeks (as some are claiming) and something tells me this "delay" is no coincidence.
    02-02-13 10:28 AM
    What are you talking about guys? WhatsApp seems to be working just fine here in Bahrain without any issues. We aren't restricted to that or any other app. Unless I'm getting the wrong idea here on what's going on down there in UAE.
    02-02-13 09:08 PM
    I pre-ordered mine from Axiom in Abu Dhabi and they just called me yesterday to tell me that they might receive them as early as February 7th!
    02-02-13 09:41 PM
    Arthoris, i dont think there is any place it is availalble as of yet unless you are willing to pay a huge premium. However that does not make sense as anyway from feb 10 to 15th onwards the phone would be available in almost all the stores.
    02-02-13 11:41 PM
    What are you talking about guys? WhatsApp seems to be working just fine here in Bahrain without any issues. We aren't restricted to that or any other app. Unless I'm getting the wrong idea here on what's going on down there in UAE.
    I think everyone is referring to What's App on the Z10. It hasn't been released on BB World
    02-03-13 11:55 AM
    i can safely say the adoption of the bb10 in the middle east will be quite dismal , why? Because of all the F'in restrictions on using voip of any kind , and the exorbitant rates for txt and calls, Whatsapp and Viber are absolutely essential apps that determine the purchase of the phone , and in this case since bb10 has a lack of these apps, it wont be adopted, i read somewhere the z10 will be appx AED 3,000.00 , which is just plain F ridiculous for an unknown fone
    Not sure about Dubai but I'm seing people are very excited for Bb10 here in Riyadh. Whatsapp might be an issue, but to be honest, calls here I. ksa are very cheao. people mostly use whatsapp ane bbm for the silly broadcasts (lame jokes mostly). and not as much for communication

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-03-13 03:14 PM
    I think everyone is referring to What's App on the Z10. It hasn't been released on BB World
    And not even in worldwide as well. They are still working on the app for BB10, who ever said it has been released to the World already?
    02-03-13 04:11 PM
    Just pre ordered white Z10 from emax in Dubai.... Cant wait for the 10th......
    02-05-13 10:56 AM
    Well that just does not make sense ..... 1. the bb Z10 costs 2599 Aed which is roughly the same cost as an iphone 5 and a samsung note and for your info a blackberry is not an unknown phone.
    2. Voip is anyway restricted in uae. However it is possible to do it on any phone if you have a sip software and i can confirm that there is already a sip softphone for bb10 which is priced at 1.99$. You just have to have a sip account which is not blocked in uae.
    3.Whatsapp has already been confirmed for BB10 and will be on the platform soon. Viber however is not available but since viber was already targeting the earlier versions of blackberry i am pretty upbeat that they would come out with a native app soon.
    02-05-13 11:06 AM
    Good luck UAE. I hope you get them soon.
    aryan77 likes this.
    02-05-13 11:11 AM
    Anyone can confirm that the devices in the Middle East will support 4G LTE? Also, Axiom began taking "preorders" by playing the full price, SAR 2,599, which I happily did
    02-06-13 10:54 AM
    I've got the Z10 on Du and sadly there's no 4G LTE. Only HSPA+.
    02-06-13 11:20 AM
    I've got the Z10 on Du and sadly there's no 4G LTE. Only HSPA+.
    I was speaking to my brother who lives in Dubai and I told him basically what you said. His response was that Du's network does not currently support LTE, only Etisalat. I would like to know if the hardware of your device supports 4G LTE. I personally have no idea how to tell. Anyone can shed some light on this?
    02-06-13 11:45 AM
    I have a friend who's using the Z10 on Etisalat's network and no LTE for him.
    02-06-13 11:49 AM
    I have a friend who's using the Z10 on Etisalat's network and no LTE for him.
    Could you be more specific with that please. Do you mean his device supports LTE already but his carrier does not support LTE as of yet so he's currently using the device perfectly fine while on 3G even though his BB10 is an LTE version? Are you sure?
    02-06-13 02:42 PM
    A BlackBerry Z10 device will work normally over 3G/H+. I can confirm that on some carriers even if they offer LTE the Z10 won't work. For example in Qatar, Qtel announced that some of the currently selling device may not work on their LTE such as the iPad 3.

Well not surprised Qtel is acting stupid like usual and they usually follow Etisalat UAE so I won't be surprised if Z10 at least the ones handed out in the event didn't work on Etisalat LTE.
    02-06-13 02:47 PM
    According to BlackBerry Smartphones & Software - BlackBerry Mobile Phones UAE - United Arab Emirates the specifications of the Z10 here are as below.. So i guess no LTE

Network & connectivity

Network bands
    3G
    21Mbps HSPA+
    Quad band HSPA+ 1, 2, 5/6, 8 (850/900/1900/2100 MHz)
    Quad band EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    Wi-Fi�
    802.11 a/b/g/n
    2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
    Mobile Hotspot
    Bluetooth�
    Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (LE)
    GPS
    Assisted, Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS
    Preloaded with BlackBerry Maps application
    NFC
    BlackBerry� Tag with NFC technology enables communication between BlackBerry smartphones and other NFC-enabled devices with a tap
    02-06-13 02:54 PM
    According to BlackBerry Smartphones & Software - BlackBerry Mobile Phones UAE - United Arab Emirates the specifications of the Z10 here are as below.. So i guess no LTE

Network & connectivity

Network bands
    3G
    21Mbps HSPA+
    Quad band HSPA+ 1, 2, 5/6, 8 (850/900/1900/2100 MHz)
    Quad band EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    Wi-Fi�
    802.11 a/b/g/n
    2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
    Mobile Hotspot
    Bluetooth�
    Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (LE)
    GPS
    Assisted, Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS
    Preloaded with BlackBerry Maps application
    NFC
    BlackBerry� Tag with NFC technology enables communication between BlackBerry smartphones and other NFC-enabled devices with a tap
    All the Z10 models got 4G LTE. Just if your carrier offers the same frequency it will work.
    02-06-13 03:01 PM
    Confirmed. I'm using the z10 that has 4g,i got mine from the uk. I can even pick it in the options. However with Etisalat it doesn't work. Always 3g I think they need to upgrade it from there end or something.
    02-06-13 03:03 PM
    Confirmed. I'm using the z10 that has 4g,i got mine from the uk. I can even pick it in the options. However with Etisalat it doesn't work. Always 3g I think they need to upgrade it from there end or something.
    Just as I said, Etisalat (UAE) is as stupid as Qtel(Qatar). But at least the devices that will be available for sale should work fine.
    02-06-13 03:05 PM
79 1234