Hi

I have on Blackberry BB10 device.

In native browser when I type camera:// it pops up a message that "Do you want to open the link "camera://" with Camera. On clicking OK it opens the camera.

We have our private network where I have mail configured with Microsoft Exchange Active Sync. From a windows machine I sent a mail to my mail account having a hyperlink for camera://. I opened this mail on BlackBerry device , on clicking hyperlink for "camera://" it does not work.[seems like this is just an empty link]

If I configure a mail with IMAP or POP3 and open the mail and click the hyperlink for camera:\\ it works.

Any suggestions what might be going wrong. Why opening a link for app on BB10 in a mail does not work when mail account is configured with exchange server does not work.
    02-13-15 05:45 AM
    Sorry, I can't help, but I can't help ask either:

What are you trying to accomplish? Why send a link that makes people open their camera apps??
    02-13-15 08:48 AM
    we have our own app which gets installed on BB10 for printing purposes. The problem resides there. Suppose if app link is abc://xyz it is not allowing the user to launch or use it from native mail client. Hence I was checking it if issue exists with other apps also installed on BB10.If I check for linkedin:// this too does not open from mails but as native browser this link launches the app
    02-13-15 09:29 PM
    Maybe that's a browser only feature?
    02-14-15 12:27 PM
    Hi

I have on Blackberry BB10 device.

In native browser when I type camera:// it pops up a message that "Do you want to open the link "camera://" with Camera. On clicking OK it opens the camera.

We have our private network where I have mail configured with Microsoft Exchange Active Sync. From a windows machine I sent a mail to my mail account having a hyperlink for camera://. I opened this mail on BlackBerry device , on clicking hyperlink for "camera://" it does not work.[seems like this is just an empty link]

If I configure a mail with IMAP or POP3 and open the mail and click the hyperlink for camera:\\ it works.

Any suggestions what might be going wrong. Why opening a link for app on BB10 in a mail does not work when mail account is configured with exchange server does not work.
    Did you mean to switch the // and \\ in OP? I'm confused whether you're saying that back slashes work and forward slashes don't, or just that exchange mailboxes don't. You either have a typo or logic problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 01:03 PM
    I haven't looked at mail app accounts that closely. URI's as hyperlinks can be dicey, technically a URI just needs to be executed as a link. Maybe if you use plain email versus html format versus rtf format there will also be a difference - especially if reliant on exchange to translate the URL for you.

Try html email format and explicitly set the link like a url
    diegonei likes this.
    02-14-15 01:30 PM
    A typo problem. Nothing to do with slashes. "camera://" not working for Microsoft exchange but "camera://" working for IMAP or POP3
    02-16-15 12:32 AM
    I am trying html email format and setting the link like a url but still it is the same behavior.
    02-16-15 12:35 AM
    I am trying html email format and setting the link like a url but still it is the same behavior.
    It was worth trying, the camera:// and other URI links like appworld:// were meant to be used internally and between app launches. I don't know the exact cause... but I suspect it could be a bug or an odd BBRY feature of sorts...

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    02-16-15 04:20 PM
    Does collecting the logs from BB10 device while the issue is happening will help ?
    I tried doing it yesterday to identify if it is exchange server issue or BB10 device issue.
    But the logs what I got from BB10 device is of .pb format (encrypted form). So not able to make out anything.
    02-17-15 10:56 PM
    Does collecting the logs from BB10 device while the issue is happening will help ?
    I tried doing it yesterday to identify if it is exchange server issue or BB10 device issue.
    But the logs what I got from BB10 device is of .pb format (encrypted form). So not able to make out anything.
    I'm afraid I won't be much help on that - if you post them I can definitely check them out. But you might need an actual BlackBerry employee to see if it's an OS bug!

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    02-17-15 11:13 PM