I hate it when frens of mine take a look at my Z10 and says" ahh it looks like an iphone" " feels like an iphone". Some of them dont even use an iphone and yet they are comparing it against the Z10. Told them that this us nothing likw the iphone and a iphone is not a benchmark device where u put comparisons to. Both devices are in their own league and in a class of its own.

Posted via CB10
    sosof likes this.
    03-28-13 10:18 AM
    Yea I know the feeling. Once I show them the phone and the features, there is no comparison after that.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 L.E.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-28-13 10:42 AM
    For those who don't know any better, it is the best compliment they can come up with...Soon you will hear them saying that it just feels like a blackberry when they compare phones

Posted via CB10
    diegonei, Azensun, sosof and 1 others like this.
    03-28-13 10:50 AM
    The iPhone is the only phone some people know. If it's a rounded, rectangular phone with a large touchscreen, then it's probably an iPhone...
    03-28-13 10:53 AM
    Best thing to do with those sort of people is actually show them what the Z10 is capable of then turn around and say does your iphone or does an iphone do that??.

Best way to shut them up i have found, already 3 of my iphone toting friends have had their jaws drop to the ground when i have shown them what the Z10 is capable of. Cant say its convinced them to change over to the Z10 but they now know that the Z10 is just as good as their beloved iphones.
    03-28-13 10:54 AM
    What did they expect it to look like? A toothbrush?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:03 AM
    Yup

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:04 AM
    I don't understand "looks like an iPhone" comments. It favors many of the Driods but iPhone, nope, not seeing it.
    03-28-13 11:09 AM
    I had the same thing at university, however coming from the chap who has made it quite clear he can only associate with people who have apple products I tend to just ignore

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:50 AM
    BB10 can't look like an iPhone. BB10 is a mobile OS. The iPhone is a phone.

Now, if you/they mean the Z10. Then both of you are right. Check these:

BB10 looks like an iPhone-blackberry-z10.png
    BB10 looks like an iPhone-iphone-5.jpg

Can you really say that the iPhone's BACK isn't fairly similar to the Z10's FRONT?

Now, if they said HTC One...

BB10 looks like an iPhone-image-via-macrumors.jpg
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-29-13 at 01:02 AM.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-28-13 12:27 PM
    yeah, but what do u expect in this day and age....
    black slab, face is all screen....yeah looks like the iphone...and every other touchscreen phone.
    its the OS that matters anyway.
    diegonei likes this.
    03-28-13 12:29 PM
    I have to use an iPhone at work on occasion, and I find myself trying to use BB10 gestures on it. Even if I were capable of liking the modern Apple company and its products, Apple has done firetruck all to add to the iPhone. They just constantly hold out on their adherents, dropping feature-crumbs every so often with primary-digit OS version updates which wreck everything. It took FOREVER for the iPhones to even be able to use MMS messaging!
    03-28-13 12:41 PM
    It doesn't bother me at all, it gives a great chance to sell the phone. I just politely point out its the new Blackberry .....that impresses people even more
    03-28-13 12:42 PM
    Looks nothing like the iPhone IMO. Now the Htc one is a different story.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    03-28-13 12:44 PM
    Lol no, no it doesn't.
    03-28-13 12:47 PM
    Looks nothing like the iPhone IMO. Now the Htc one is a different story.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    Agreed... How can you confuse the Z with a phone that has the ancient home button?
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-28-13 12:47 PM
    I hate it when frens of mine take a look at my Z10 and says" ahh it looks like an iphone" " feels like an iphone". Some of them dont even use an iphone and yet they are comparing it against the Z10. Told them that this us nothing likw the iphone and a iphone is not a benchmark device where u put comparisons to. Both devices are in their own league and in a class of its own.

Posted via CB10
    Tell them to turn the Z10 on. This should end their comments.
    pandapurple and Spawn12 like this.
    03-28-13 12:52 PM
    It's a rectangular candybar style phone. They seriously all look alike. Thankfully Apple hasn't found a way to patent the rectangle.

Ultimately, it's about what the phone can DO. In that, the Z10 is NOTHING like the iPhone 5.

JB
    03-28-13 12:55 PM
    Personally, I would ignore your friends and enjoy your z10.

sent from my Galaxy S lll (*_~)
    03-28-13 10:57 PM
    I like to say "The iPhone looks like my 1997 BlackBerry "
    But the iPhone won't be around for another 10 years.....

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:01 PM
    It's a rectangular candybar style phone. They seriously all look alike. Thankfully Apple hasn't found a way to patent the rectangle.

Ultimately, it's about what the phone can DO. In that, the Z10 is NOTHING like the iPhone 5.

JB
    Except that the chamfered corners match up exactly with the I pone

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:03 PM
    When someone says "Oh it looks like an Iphone" I immediately drop my pants and take out my balls. And say " Oh it looks like your Balls" " but much Bigger"

Posted via ZED10.
    ErinnM and Spawn12 like this.
    03-28-13 11:05 PM
    It is a generic full touchscreen look. You can't expect BBRY to make the Z10 looking like a round blackberry fruit even if it wanted to. Too little real estate for a handheld gadget.
    03-28-13 11:07 PM
    One of close friends played with my Z10 today. She's an iPhone user and thought I was using an iP5. She was shocked that it was a BlackBerry. Ultimately, she had fun using it straight from the lock screen.

I love this phone!

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-28-13 11:19 PM