So, just throwing this out there...

I've been trying to decipher what RIM is doing i regards to marketing and leaked photos and such and I just wanted to hear the thoughts of others.

The Blackberry London (L-series) is the phone we saw TH sporting at the Basketball game and in the "leaked" photos so far, and they are offering "Limited edition" phones to the developers after launch.

What if...

The London is that "Limited Edition" phone, and that the London was always supposed to be the "leaked" phone, on purpose? (L-London, L-Limited, L-leak)...

What if..

The Blackbery A(Aristo) (Alpha=First), is the true Launch Phone?....mmmm Quadcore...

I know they've said the first phone will have 768 res, and they wouldn't be lying if they released the "Limited edition(L-Series)" phone first to Developers at launch.

I'm sure there are holes in my theory, but they've said "Devices" will be seen at launch, and they "have a few tricks up their sleeve".

I know a lot have been vocal about the Aristo since we first saw the ONE AND ONLY leak about it a few months ago, just wondering if anyone thinks this could be a possibilty?

I Bleed Black & Berry
    switcharoo likes this.
    12-11-12 09:46 AM
    there are several people (including me) that are praying for this!
    amjass12 likes this.
    12-11-12 10:13 AM
    I doubt that a limited edition model, created to give credit to the hard work of developers would be an inferior model to the official version released for the public. That would be a bit of a slap in the face, don't you think?
    12-11-12 10:19 AM
    I believe the word he used was "products". I do like surprises. Definitely looking forward to January 30th.
    Last edited by Toodeurep; 12-11-12 at 11:08 AM.
    AngryEdmontonian likes this.
    12-11-12 10:47 AM
    I doubt that a limited edition model, created to give credit to the hard work of developers would be an inferior model to the official version released for the public. That would be a bit of a slap in the face, don't you think?
    At least it would be free I guess haha
    12-11-12 10:50 AM
    Ummm when was the Aristo picture leaked? I have seen the Rumored Specs thread, but no picture.
    12-11-12 07:35 PM
    there are several people (including me) that are praying for this!
    Please add me to that list. I've read some negatives on the quad core but other than that an Aristo like phone would light up the cell phone world. IMO
    12-11-12 07:54 PM
    Ummm when was the Aristo picture leaked? I have seen the Rumored Specs thread, but no picture.
    There was a leaked photo a little while back. It was from a site in India I believe. The photo was very clear and it was being held in the person's hand. You could definitely
    tell it wasn't an L series phone. It kind have had that galaxy note look to it. It was thinner than the L series. I would love to see that phone first.
    12-11-12 10:40 PM
    The site is PricedInfo: Latest Price in India| Indian Price you can see a really nice pic of the Aristo there.
    12-11-12 10:51 PM
    The site is PricedInfo: Latest Price in India| Indian Price you can see a really nice pic of the Aristo there.
    I don't see it....got a more direct link
    12-11-12 10:55 PM
    I don't see it....got a more direct link
    BlackBerry 10 Aristo Price in India | Features and Specifications | Priced Info

Doesn't look like a blackberry product. Place holder probably.
    12-11-12 11:03 PM
    I never said picture, "since we first saw the ONE AND ONLY leak about it a few months ago..." I simply stated "leak" and was referring to the spec leak.
    12-12-12 06:54 AM

I believe this is the real deal. You got to remember. This device is still probably in its infancy stages in terms of hardware and software. I think the form factor is accurate. Rim's not going to give you anything til its officially announced probably. We'll be 4 to 5 months in with the L series when you get relevant info on this device in terms of final hardware pics,specs, and estimated release info.
    12-12-12 09:27 AM
    Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere.. but a 5 minute video of the BB10 L

!
    12-12-12 09:29 AM
    12-12-12 09:35 AM

Android?
    12-12-12 03:54 PM
    I never said picture, "since we first saw the ONE AND ONLY leak about it a few months ago..." I simply stated "leak" and was referring to the spec leak.
    Well, This was actually my First time to see that Leak from the poster's Link below. (leak means picture too)

That is a HUUUGE Bezel.
    12-12-12 11:24 PM
    I think releasing a phablet sized phone alone would be a huge mistake, so I doubt what OP said is the case. Most people don't want/need a massive 4.6" screen, even if it has a quad core processor.
    12-13-12 03:23 PM
    Well according to rumors, Samsung wants to bring out a Galaxy Note 3 with 6.2 inch screen. They are taking this Reallly out of control to where he** you should just get a laptop!
    Onna808 likes this.
    12-13-12 11:23 PM
    I think releasing a phablet sized phone alone would be a huge mistake, so I doubt what OP said is the case. Most people don't want/need a massive 4.6" screen, even if it has a quad core processor.
    I never said anything about a "Phablet sized phone".

I was just throwing out the idea that the L-series and all the leaks as of late were ALL part of the marketing plan, and that there could be a switch of(Better) devices at launch.
    12-14-12 07:33 AM
    What if RIM will release the monster with the same form factor like London?

With quad core inside, independent GPU, screen resolution and depth 3x better than iphone 5, 16 to 64 GB storage with external memory slot expansion up to 64 GB, 4 GB RAM, 2500 - 3000 mAH battery capacity.

About the physical body, thickness is about 3-4 mm (iphone 5 is about 7,8 mm; London is about 9.2 mm), black chrome for the front and black/white all by carbon fiber.

OS is blackberry 10 and the code name is New York One.

And, actually it already exists for the prototype
    eyhab27 and AngryEdmontonian like this.
    12-14-12 08:04 AM
    What if RIM will release the monster with the same form factor like London?

With quad core inside, independent GPU, screen resolution and depth 3x better than iphone 5, 16 to 64 GB storage with external memory slot expansion up to 64 GB, 4 GB RAM, 2500 - 3000 mAH battery capacity.

About the physical body, thickness is about 3-4 mm (iphone 5 is about 7,8 mm; London is about 9.2 mm), black chrome for the front and black/white all by carbon fiber.

OS is blackberry 10 and the code name is New York One.

And, actually it already exists for the prototype
    Will this be the device shown off on Jan 30, with the L Series being the special Developer handset?
    12-14-12 12:29 PM
    Will this be the device shown off on Jan 30, with the L Series being the special Developer handset?
    I don't know. But one thing for sure, the prototype is already exist.
    12-14-12 12:35 PM
    I believe this is the real deal. You got to remember. This device is still probably in its infancy stages in terms of hardware and software. I think the form factor is accurate. Rim's not going to give you anything til its officially announced probably. We'll be 4 to 5 months in with the L series when you get relevant info on this device in terms of final hardware pics,specs, and estimated release info.
    Look at the UI. Look at the notification bar. This looks like Android 4.X+

This is what you are claiming is a BB

This is my Galaxy Nexus' (Android 4.2) homescreen.

It very well could be a BB10 device though... It's not really that great of a pic.
    Last edited by avt123; 12-14-12 at 03:54 PM.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-14-12 03:41 PM
    No one really believes the phone in this pic is a BlackBerry do they?
    12-15-12 11:30 AM
34 12