I have an iPhone 5 it isn't peeling, and other than a screen protector is naked every day. Call me a fan boy, I could care less. I have owned many bb products over the years, but this L looks way too big. I recently sold a Samsung II it was too big for me.
    If you look at the comparison between the iphone 5 and L-Series, there isn't much of a difference in size.
    11-27-12 12:57 AM
    Where is the SIM card slot?
    12-02-12 09:04 PM
    The final design of the phone should really use the charger on the bottom rather than on the side.
    meganVee likes this.
    12-03-12 03:33 AM
    Too excited for the L-Series, just hope it is available in South Africa shortly after the Launch. Contract was up in November but hanging on for the L!
    12-03-12 03:54 AM
    The final design of the phone should really use the charger on the bottom rather than on the side.
    There is zero chance of that moving at this point, they would have made a decision like that a long time ago since such a needless movement would probably impact on the antenna.
    12-03-12 02:22 PM
    Where is the SIM card slot?
    Under the back cover, by the battery compartment. Same with the microSD.
    12-03-12 02:25 PM
    There is zero chance of that moving at this point, they would have made a decision like that a long time ago since such a needless movement would probably impact on the antenna.
    ...and I'm glad this is the case. So many times when I'm charging my phone I realize how ergonomic it is to have the charging slot on the side, especially when you are charging and using the device.
    12-05-12 11:13 PM
    Just found out that my carrier doesn't have any eval units (UK based). Do we know whether the eval unit was restricted to US/CAN or whether anything came to Europe?

Happy to have replies by PM if you don't want your username linked to info that shouldn't be linked to it! Happy to supply a contact at my carrier if you would rather deal direct with them...

Cheers!
    12-14-12 06:46 AM
    Just found out that my carrier doesn't have any eval units (UK based). Do we know whether the eval unit was restricted to US/CAN or whether anything came to Europe?

Happy to have replies by PM if you don't want your username linked to info that shouldn't be linked to it! Happy to supply a contact at my carrier if you would rather deal direct with them...

Cheers!
    Eval Units your carrier may not have yet, but remember RIM is testing in more than 50 carriers worldwide. Potentially yours either has it in the lab right now or maybe havent started their own testing yet.
    Barljo likes this.
    12-14-12 06:56 AM
    Cool - thanks Sith. Sure that there's something in the works along the line.

I was talking with the guy in the testing team, and he said it was strange they hadn't seen them (a source of mutual trust, so I'm happy that he's not just covering up!), so I'd guess that they haven't officially begun the testing sweep. Strange for them, as they have a strong 'berry affinity. Either way, I'll just look forward to any potential releases!

Thanks again
    12-14-12 07:11 AM
    Cool - thanks Sith. Sure that there's something in the works along the line.

I was talking with the guy in the testing team, and he said it was strange they hadn't seen them (a source of mutual trust, so I'm happy that he's not just covering up!), so I'd guess that they haven't officially begun the testing sweep. Strange for them, as they have a strong 'berry affinity. Either way, I'll just look forward to any potential releases!

Thanks again
    RIM has indicated this will be a phased approach. I dont know the size of your carrier but its very possible they would be in the second/third wave of launch.
    Barljo likes this.
    12-14-12 07:22 AM
    Pretty small tbh - Isle of Man has 80,000 people... We were the global test bed for 3g technologies I believe as we are removed from the UK by about 70 miles, so people hopping on the service wouldn't affect anything like that.

I'm intending to buy outright rather than contract in any case, but this is all useful to know - thanks again. Just gives me more time to save up and get less tied into expensive contracts. Woop! Sure my 9800 torch will last me.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-14-12 08:02 AM
    Pretty small tbh - Isle of Man has 80,000 people... We were the global test bed for 3g technologies I believe as we are removed from the UK by about 70 miles, so people hopping on the service wouldn't affect anything like that.
    Back when it was a test bed for 3g, MT was owned by the o2 group and would have benefited from that group's buying power and timing, so it is not really a shock that they are well behind other carriers and anyone on the IoM is probably going to have to go fo rthe buying outright option like yourself.
    Barljo likes this.
    12-14-12 08:37 AM
    Correct - I think they're part of Telefonica now, but I may have lost track of the company owners over the last few years.

Probably won't have to go with the outright, as they have a very good range of contracts and the concurrent discounts on their carried handsets (including the os7 and os6 'berries, along with the usual suspects in a mobile phone shop). Just that if I can get the money together, then it makes much more sense to pay full price rather than over the net price over 2 years.

I wasn't shocked really, I just wasn't sure how the eval units had been distributed, as I haven't followed a launch this closely before. It makes sense that we are further down the pecking order as market would be very limited indeed. Not the fault of the company, just the available consumers. I'll just be happy if it comes at all to be honest!
    12-14-12 09:25 AM
    MT are independent now, Telefonica/O2 (they are one company) sold them off a couple of years ago so they are probably near the back of the queue nowadays.
    Barljo likes this.
    12-14-12 11:14 AM
115 ... 345