It seems to me that this device is too big to be able to easily operate it one handed, what do you think? For example to reach upper side only with your thumb. In my opinion 4 inch device is maximum, iPhone with 3,5 inches was better size. Currently I have 9700, I know that for today standard the screen is not big enough, but it doesn �t have to be so big.
    I think you underestimate the work they have done with this first bb10 device, just look at simple things they have done like moving the browser url to the bottom of the screen which show they are thinking about one-handed use.

While for some people this phone might be too big to use one-handed that is not going to be the case for the vast majority as they will have taken this into account when designing it.
    11-20-12 08:11 PM
    See, I hope that the back IS like the PlayBook. My current Torch has that rubberized back that feels great in my hand. We have both the iPhone 4 and an SII in the house, and neither has any real grip to them. Shiny means nothing if you can't hold on to the darned things.
    I don't think it will be exactly like the back of a playbook or a dev alpha A and is more likely to have some kind of texturing to it like we have seen in the past on phones like the torch because that provides a grip without being a fingerprint magnet.
    11-20-12 08:18 PM
    I think the iPhone 5 looks great in black. But so does the L-Series. I'm really happy they went with this design we saw so long ago. I'm surprised they almost out-minimalized Apple (minus the large BlackBerry logotype on the front).

I think many of us will be more impressed with it in person. I hate huge phones but have grown to like my dev alpha A. Since this will be about the same dimensions, and even thinner, I'm happy with what I'm seeing. I'm just glad it's not a phablet. 4.2" is a nice middle ground between the 4" iPhone 5 and huge 4.7-5" Android/WP8 OEMs.
    theegoldenone likes this.
    11-20-12 08:23 PM
    That's not the point,

If someone who has never had a phone before got to chose I'm sure they would chose the iPhone 5.

This phone is a disaster in aesthetically appealing department.

Yes you compared it tk the iphone 5 on crackberry forums where there is all aorta of bias.

The real test is when it's on a store display next to other devices and a first time consumer gets to make a choice.

Rim need to impress new consumers with Its devices, not the fans it already has.

Stop being so freaking biased, I own a 9900 and want rim to succeed too. This phone is just a disaster.
    Good lord, calm down. So you don't like the look of the phone. Other folks do. Everything will be ok.
    11-20-12 08:47 PM
    I'm liking the look of this. I thought RIM said that BlackBerry 10 devices would come in colors we have never seen on a BlackBerry before though?
    11-20-12 08:49 PM
    Looks great to hold in hand but no need for the huge bezels. Smaller bezels can still do gestures. This just makes it look dated.
    11-20-12 08:51 PM
    I wonder if all these L-series "units" are decoys. They had produced some of these in view of an earlier launch, but that the final products may have extra tweaks...
    11-20-12 08:59 PM
    too big, too plain, ditch the text under the icons, takes up too much space,,, as i look closely the fit of the parts looks shoddy like it was just slapped together,,, & while the 9850/60 form design didn't get alot of love, i think they nailed it,,, a slightly larger version would be very nice w/ BB10 under the hood...
    theegoldenone likes this.
    11-21-12 12:39 AM
    Seriously, RIM. Those icons are still ugly, I'd say even uglier than the previous ones. Who the heck needs those semi-transparent boxes around them? That doesn't help anyone and it makes them look half-baked. When I read the icon design guidelines on the devblog I thought 'wow, this even sounds awesome'. And now this. They just left the icons the same and shrunk the inner part of the boxes to a lower size. That's horrible. Keep hoping this is not final.
    11-21-12 12:57 AM
    Everyone is just an armchair critic until they've used one for themselves and seen one in person. Seeing pictures, especially of this quality does nothing.
    11-21-12 12:59 AM
    I love it, kinda looks like a mini playbook (referring to the speakers). Am I the only one loving the bezels (top and bottom). That's whats differenciating it from other full touch devices.
    11-21-12 01:02 AM
    That's not the point,

If someone who has never had a phone before got to chose I'm sure they would chose the iPhone 5.

This phone is a disaster in aesthetically appealing department.

Yes you compared it tk the iphone 5 on crackberry forums where there is all aorta of bias.

The real test is when it's on a store display next to other devices and a first time consumer gets to make a choice.

Rim need to impress new consumers with Its devices, not the fans it already has.

Stop being so freaking biased, I own a 9900 and want rim to succeed too. This phone is just a disaster.
    Not necessarily............
    iPhone 5 is ugly according to voters � Phone Reviews
    11-21-12 01:07 AM
    It looks nice. Looking forward to seeing if this is final or if we will have a hardware suprise!
    el_excelsior likes this.
    11-21-12 05:06 AM
    I'm liking the look of this. I thought RIM said that BlackBerry 10 devices would come in colors we have never seen on a BlackBerry before though?
    That would be a challenge, as the 9300/30 was available in quite a few colors.

Anyway, I don't know about anyone else, but i prefer the simplistic "slab like" look, and i'm fine with the bezels, mainly because i won't be using landscape unless i'm watching video(unless the landscape keyboard is amazing, so lets hope RIM proves me wrong). I don't see why there's so much hate for an unfinalized design. although i must say i'm a fan of the TK designs(Discovery, Victory, ETC)
    11-21-12 05:22 AM
    The phone is really big for how small the screen is, I hope the actual device they release has less wasted space around the screen. With a phone that big I would expect a 4.5"-4.65" screen.
    11-21-12 05:26 AM
    Still doesn't look finished . Almost all BlackBerry phones designs have flowed together seamlessly in design with the exception of a few . no pun intended. Never really awkwardly though. The way the screen meets the top and bottom of the phone on the front and where's the removable door on the back for exchanging the battery. I think Thor still has a surprise up his sleeve.
    11-21-12 05:48 AM
    Seriously, RIM. Those icons are still ugly, I'd say even uglier than the previous ones. Who the heck needs those semi-transparent boxes around them? That doesn't help anyone and it makes them look half-baked. When I read the icon design guidelines on the devblog I thought 'wow, this even sounds awesome'. And now this. They just left the icons the same and shrunk the inner part of the boxes to a lower size. That's horrible. Keep hoping this is not final.
    I don't really see the difference between the BB10 icons and any other icons around. They are a picture on the screen mostly, but not always, with a label. I don't get how anything can look significantly better or worse under those constraints. I agree that the box around them isn't to my taste and to my mind clutters the screen, but I'm just not worked up about it. They are icons. Icons are what they are. A little picture on top of a button.
    11-21-12 10:40 AM
    Nexus 4 off contract costs $299 with tax and shipping the total comes up to $334. The first BlackBerry 10 devices will probably cost close to that much on contract.

My Nexus 4 lasts longer than my Bold 9930. I have went 17 hours and 23 minutes on a single charge with the Nexus 4, (I'm sure being on WiFi and airplane mode at all times helps out a lot with battery life though) My Bold 9930 has never made it past 12 hours.

You use the word fanboy to describe people? Do you not think you are one? I mean you are spreading misinformation. Lol not everyone is too closed minded to try something new, I also have a Nokia Lumia 822. I try EVERYTHING instead of just proclaiming that BlackBerry is the best with having zero experience with the alternatives. Right now, in my house, I have a 3 BlackBerry devices, 3 Android smartphones and 1 Windows Phone 8 device. Lol and you think I am a fanboy? You really still using a 9000? If so I think it might be time you try something new.
    You seriously think that BB10 devices will cost over $300 with a contract? Come now, don't be foolish. They definitely won't cost that much over here, because our plans are structured such that you don't pay up front. So... y'know. Speak for your own market really is what I'm saying.

Yes, having the cell radio off really does help with battery life. You aren't doing a fair comparison if you are rolling wifi only against 3G. Aside from anything else, you are getting radically different degrees of service from that comparison. Shockingly, shutting down a major user of battery will save battery life. But if in doing so you totally invalidate the point of a mobile phone, ie being one that you can use while you are not at home or the office, then its a false economy. You have 6 hours more battery life to get no benefits from your expense. Your house has a landline, your office has a landline, your computers have google voice. Remind me why you think your device is worth paying money for under those circumstances?

I use the word fanboy because mocking the specifications of other devices (particularly those which are as yet unannounced) is what all android fanboys do. It just is. 'Not the best hardware that is currently available to human science' does not mean bad hardware. That's a total lie. And you say I'm spreading bad information... Oh and well done for not in any way answering that criticism about the various levels of CPU power in various phones and why that has no bearing on the user experience... It's not like that was a major part of pointing out why your wrong. But it's cool... I know its hard to read when you are being distracted by rage and/or shiny objects.

I have also tried everything over the years. I've been lucky enough to get corporate access to all the iDevices, and my gf exclusively runs android (a Note II and Nexus 7) which I rooted and put custom roms on for her, because I like tinkering under the hood with android devices. And yet when I buy devices for my own personal use I buy blackberries. I buy what I think is the best. I am currently on a 9810 and a Playbook as my daily drivers.

At no point did I fanboy. I told you why you are a combination of lying and stupid. I never said that blackberries were epic. Just that you were making deliberately misleading comparisons. Another sign of the fanboy.
    V22 likes this.
    11-21-12 10:55 AM
    This phone hardware design is quite disappointing. It's nothing impressive, in fact, it looks clunky. What's with all the plastic on the top and bottom? And why does it look like three separate pieces stuck together? The Playbook is one solid piece. To me, from the front at least, the London looks like a screen with two pieces of plastic stuck onto the top and bottom...

I expected more from something that's supposed to be ground breaking. The OS looks great, BB10 looks impressive. I just find this piece of hardware boring, to say the least.
    11-21-12 11:54 AM
    OMG!!!!
    That looks soooooooo nice. A real pleasure for my eyes.

Cant wait to hold em.
    11-21-12 01:11 PM
    too big, too plain, ditch the text under the icons, takes up too much space,,, as i look closely the fit of the parts looks shoddy like it was just slapped together,,, & while the 9850/60 form design didn't get alot of love, i think they nailed it,,, a slightly larger version would be very nice w/ BB10 under the hood...
    So you think the L-Series design is ugly and then suggest they go with the 9850 design? Not sure if trolling...
    11-21-12 01:14 PM
    I wonder how many people will be shocked when the final version is shown and it doesn't look like the evaluation unit, but better?
    11-21-12 01:25 PM
    I wonder how many people will be shocked when the final version is shown and it doesn't look like the evaluation unit, but better?
    Probably none, as these leaks are almost certainly of final hardware at this point, you are not allowed to make major changes to your hardware once it goes into carrier labs without resubmitting it and they will have wanted people running that hardware prior to it going into the labs.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    11-21-12 01:43 PM
    Probably none, as these leaks are almost certainly of final hardware at this point, you are not allowed to make major changes to your hardware once it goes into carrier labs without resubmitting it and they will have wanted people running that hardware prior to it going into the labs.
    I've never delved into the nuts-and-bolts of carrier testing so I'm not aware of any stipulation that says the hardware they're testing has to look like the dev devices we've been seeing.
    11-21-12 02:23 PM

Perhaps not dimensions, but I could see finishes and final materials being the suprise.
    11-21-12 02:41 PM
115 12345