Hey guys,

This is cmknight from BisVN. Last year, we brought you the very first Bold 9900 hands-on here and the how to disassemble it here

Today, we'd like to bring you our hands-on experience with the BB10. Given our track records with leaks, we were able to get our hands on the device and share it with you guys.

Here are some specs that you guys already know by now, but I thought it was worth mentioning:

+ Full capacitive touch-screen, we were informed that the keyboard version would most likely come out a month after.
    + Dual core processor with a pristine IPS display
    + Two colors: white + black. The white looks awesome, way better than the iPhone 5 which I am currently testing.
    + Front camera with video chat feature like team view. Besides being able to see each other through the front camera, it can also show the screen of the person you are talking to.
    + Camera with auto-focus can take pictures at the speed of 1shot/second, then you can choose the best one.
    + Time view function. For 1 picture, it could save up to 10 facial expressions of any person, they you can scroll back and forth to view and choose the best one.

We opened it up and here are what's inside:

Volume rocker + convenience key

The back with sim card slot actually removed

Lock button + earplug

Check back for more updates,

God bless,

BisVN.
    Last edited by cmknight; 09-19-12 at 12:06 PM.
    09-19-12 11:19 AM
    Looks nice and thin, even with auto focus!

The camera seems to be a much improved area on BB10; hopefully the overall performance and quality of the pictures are great. Although I prefer an actual camera, so many people these days are relying on their cell phone alone for picture.
    09-19-12 11:38 AM
    Cant make out whether the body is plastic or metal.

Thanks for the leaks anyway!
    09-19-12 11:40 AM
    Cant make out whether the body is plastic or metal.

Thanks for the leaks anyway!
    Really hope it's like a brushed aluminum to give a more luxurious feel, compared to plastic.
    09-19-12 11:47 AM
    Great. QWERTY please.
    09-19-12 11:52 AM
    Great. QWERTY please.
    Please and thank you! Give it a front facing camera would be fantastic! Maybe even a touchscreen?
    09-19-12 11:58 AM
    wow sweet can't wait to find out more!!
    Gelzz likes this.
    09-19-12 11:58 AM
    Looks good. Let's hope it feels good in the hand as well
    09-19-12 12:03 PM
    That teamview is a feature no one else has and won't by the time BB10 drops #sellingfeature
    00stryder likes this.
    09-19-12 12:04 PM
    me soiled me pantz!!!
    09-19-12 12:04 PM
    Man these leaks are making me even more impatient for this beatiful phone.

I don't know what is worse. No leaks and waiting......or leaks and waiting!!!

Thank you very much for the info.
    kbz1960, kemj and hpjrt like this.
    09-19-12 12:05 PM
    Can you show us a good quality photo of the front of the device (face of the device), and one with an aspect showing the device's size and depth (like beside the ip5 or 9900)?
    Last edited by gjohnsto; 09-19-12 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Clarity
    09-19-12 12:09 PM
    that does NOT look like a tear-down at all; looks more like the spare parts you find on eb@y... more like a supplier leak than anything else.

The blue protective film is the give away- why would the film be ON? If the phone was disassembled, there would be no protective film on it.... and the screw holes would NOT be sealed.

This is a parts pic... not a "we opened it up" pic.

thumbs down.... #fail.
    lorax1284 likes this.
    09-19-12 12:10 PM
    Thanks. Be nice to see it without plastic on it.
    09-19-12 12:12 PM
    Got an extra one you're planning to do a drop test on you can send to me?

We'll call it the Postal Test
    09-19-12 12:16 PM
    The more i see the more cheap and tired it looks pass, now looking forward to the N series.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-19-12 12:20 PM
    Me excited. Fuc* craphone 5
    09-19-12 12:31 PM
    Hey guys,

This is cmknight from BisVN. Last year, we brought you the very first Bold 9900 hands-on here and the how to disassemble it here

Today, we'd like to bring you our hands-on experience with the BB10. Given our track records with leaks, we were able to get our hands on the device and share it with you guys.

Here are some specs that you guys already know by now, but I thought it was worth mentioning:

+ Full capacitive touch-screen, we were informed that the keyboard version would most likely come out a month after.
    + Dual core processor with a pristine IPS display
    + Two colors: white + black. The white looks awesome, way better than the iPhone 5 which I am currently testing.
    + Front camera with video chat feature like team view. Besides being able to see each other through the front camera, it can also show the screen of the person you are talking to.
    + Camera with auto-focus can take pictures at the speed of 1shot/second, then you can choose the best one.
    + Time view function. For 1 picture, it could save up to 10 facial expressions of any person, they you can scroll back and forth to view and choose the best one.

We opened it up and here are what's inside:

Check back for more updates,

God bless,

BisVN.

You had me at "team view". I've been wanting this feature on my damn cell phone for YEARS! You have no idea how much this will make things more convenient in my business; no more having to guess or having someone try to explain what they're reading/looking at and hoping they're doing a good job of describing things.

YESSSS!!!!!!!

00stryder likes this.
    09-19-12 12:54 PM
    Volume button on right hand side is a bit awkward. Why not on left side instead? Camera too. Most people are right-handed.
    09-19-12 01:08 PM
    Based entirely on estimation, that the headphone jack is 3.5mm, plus the clips at the side presumably holding the battery cover (if considering that the battery cover is slightly curve so it'll be thicker). I would guess that its around 8.5 mm give or take a few.

I wouldn't mind if it was the same material as the rubberised back of the PlayBook, its feel very good to touch. Seems pretty durable too. But it would be pretty awesome if it was brushed aluminium. But it kinda just look like black plastic? perhaps poly carbonate?

either way, i think it looks good. looking forward to see more. Thread subscribed.
    09-19-12 01:13 PM
    Looks good.
    What is Team View?
    I have heard of teamviwer.
    09-19-12 01:13 PM
    How thin is the phone? From these pics, the London seems to be very thin but the verge reported it to be thicker than the current android phones on the market. Can anyone clarify this????
    09-19-12 01:21 PM
    Also, is it me or does this phone look like there was some liquid damage done lol
    09-19-12 01:25 PM
    Looks good.
    What is Team View?
    I have heard of teamviwer.
    I would say its like screen sharing?

Imagine you're a designer having a group meeting with your clients. If you were going to share with them your design, you can just screen share, and then open the picture on your phone. They can then just see whats on your screen. IF, there is some sort of photo editor, which allows you to draw shapes, you can even use that to highlight points on it. OR, use pinch to zoom to focus in the area you want to talk about.

No need to send the picture over, then ask them to zoom to the left corner of the picture, the one beside this or that, or trying to describe what you want them to see. You can just show them.

Of course this could work with a multitude of scenarios as well. Be it to show a chart, a table, a picture of a job site, pdf, website, etc. You get the idea.

Awesome if you ask me.
    Last edited by Alex_Hong; 09-19-12 at 01:31 PM.
    JR A and jstarett like this.
    09-19-12 01:26 PM
    I'd like to see some specs on any of the new features of the BB10! The camera, the front facing camera, what the processor is/speed/ ect ect.
    09-19-12 01:57 PM
96 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD