OK this is a mystery and I am kind of confused about this.

At 9:52am today I received a text that my phone had reached 80% data usage. Which is strange as I was sleeping.

I woke up around 5:30pm and my Z10 was dead. (this is something else thats been happening recently as well too.... WTF)

So I plugged it back in to my charger (still confused and wondering wtf....)

As soon as the phone booted up...I got a text stating that I've reached 100% of my data usage. I checked my Rogers app and it seems as in the hours I was sleeping...my phone has used up 100% of my monthly data and more..... (Currently at 6.4gigs used)

Now Im really confused at to what the **** just happened recently.....

Anyone has had this issue at all???

Thinking of wiping out my phone and starting over from scratch cause this is very worrying.
    03-31-13 05:20 PM
    Which apps do you have installed?
    03-31-13 05:22 PM
    list of apps:

Skyscanner
    WebEX
    Stuff I Need
    Recipe Box
    Tweetcaster Pro *always use*
    CB10 *always use*
    Spotcast
    OpenTable
    Tumblr
    Poynt
    ooVoo
    Snapchat
    Nobex
    Songza
    Slacker Radio
    TuneIn Radio
    PewPew
    Angry Birds Star Wars
    Robotek *always use*
    Super Hexagon
    Run in Crowd
    Sector Strike
    Nova 3
    4 Pics 1 Word
    Jetpack Joyride
    Lets Golf 3
    Speed Test
    Password Keeper
    QR Scanner
    CellCast
    Bridge
    Toronto Raptors
    ScoreCenter
    Yahoo Fantasy Basketball *always use*
    PGA Tour
    Cineplex
    YouTube app *always use*
    FaceFlow
    TubeMate *always use*
    Instagram *always use*
    Whatsapp *always use*
    Google Talk
    Google Translate
    Google Maps
    Google Voice
    iSpeech Translator
    Waze
    Circle Alarm
    Navita Translator
    Quick Record
    MaxSecure
    XE Currency
    Gas Buddy
    Flashlight LED
    The Last Weather App
    AccuWeather
    The Weather Network
    Box
    Connect to Dropbox

I had Blackberry Travel on here recently after they upgraded it. I just deleted it because thats the only thing I can think that I recently downloaded that could be causing the issue.

I need Onavo Count on this Z10 to see which one is the one hogging my data.... sigh.

Which apps do you have installed?
    03-31-13 05:31 PM
    Any chance box/dropbox did a sync?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 05:44 PM
    Box isnt set up

Dropbox is set to not use Cell Data....last sync was 12 days ago.

Im really digging deep into this one cause this is the first time Ive ever gone over 6gigs of data lol

Any chance box/dropbox did a sync?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 05:47 PM
    Did you load any new apps on before you got this high usage? I would go back to basics and build up slowly again. Got to have been an app (or combination of apps) that caused this most likely.
    03-31-13 06:02 PM
    The last few things that I did was download the update for Facebook (I just deleted it now cause I dont have an account), the update for Twitter (i use tweetcaster pro) the update for Adobe Reader and downloaded Blackberry Travel.

I have a strong feeling its Blackberry Travel. I dont know why but I really suspect that.

It wasnt just the data but also the battery drain.

I deleted the things and am charging now. Gonna run it normally at work in a few hours and see what happens.

Did you load any new apps on before you got this high usage? I would go back to basics and build up slowly again. Got to have been an app (or combination of apps) that caused this most likely.
    03-31-13 06:12 PM
    OK. Good luck. Hope it settles down again for you.

The last few things that I did was download the update for Facebook (I just deleted it now cause I dont have an account), the update for Twitter (i use tweetcaster pro) the update for Adobe Reader and downloaded Blackberry Travel.

I have a strong feeling its Blackberry Travel. I dont know why but I really suspect that.

It wasnt just the data but also the battery drain.

I deleted the things and am charging now. Gonna run it normally at work in a few hours and see what happens.
    03-31-13 06:46 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I sent an email with about 6 pictures (10MB) over my home WiFi and about a week later (about 2 days into my new month on my plan) my home WiFi went down and I used my plan for about an hour on Facebook and then I got a message saying that I had used up all my data. I know I wasn't using it because most of the time when my WiFi was down I was sleeping. It turns out that email that was 10 MB was uploaded about every 10 minutes for about a week. All of a sudden this one message showed up in my hub over and over again. I t was never sent to the recipient more than the one time thank goodness! But it did eat up my data, both on my home WiFi and my phone plan. It seemed to be a glitch. I did a wipe of my phone and Bell credited me for the month of data. Seems to be working okay now. Use another computer to check your mail and check your sent items to make sure yours is not sending duplicate messages.

Posted via CB10
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    03-31-13 06:52 PM
    Those 80% texts are really delayed. So that's why

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:53 PM
    well im not sure whats going on but i really hope this isnt going to be a recurring thing.
    03-31-13 06:57 PM
    Can you tell when (ie at what time) the data usage occurred? Was it sporadically, or continuously over time? With Telus, you can check your hourly data usage (on the web, not the app -- the app just has the total data used to date). Anyway, that may help you narrow things down. Oh, is your hotspot on?
    03-31-13 06:58 PM
    No idea cause I was sleeping from about 8am to 5:30pm. This all happened while I was asleep.

I know my phone was dead though when I woke up. So its a combination of both data and battery usage that has been going nuts the last day.

I really think its Blackberry Travel.

Onavo needs to get their apps on the Z10 asap.

Can you tell when (ie at what time) the data usage occurred? Was it sporadically, or continuously over time? With Telus, you can check your hourly data usage (on the web, not the app -- the app just has the total data used to date). Anyway, that may help you narrow things down. Oh, is your hotspot on?
    03-31-13 07:01 PM
    Need WIFI.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:05 PM
    i have wifi at home....

but why should i need to use it...I was sleeping and it used data while it was on standby. im still trying to figure out what used it. Really need Onavo on the Z10

Need WIFI.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:08 PM
    The problem might be that you have certain apps to auto refresh to often. I have turned off auto refresh on every app. Certain apps will still use up data even if the app isnt open due to the auto refresh settings. Also, keep in mind that the z10 will use more date than an older blackberry as the data is no longer being compressed.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:16 PM
    okay so unplugged the device. its at 100%.

Lets see what happens.

data is already past the 6gigs so Im screwed and will be charged regardless so.... lets see....
    03-31-13 07:16 PM
    I work for a phone retailer so yeah I know about the non compression. I also came from an Android before this.

The problem might be that you have certain apps to auto refresh to often. I have turned off auto refresh on every app. Certain apps will still use up data even if the app isnt open due to the auto refresh settings. Also, keep in mind that the z10 will use more date than an older blackberry as the data is no longer being compressed.

Posted via CB10
    David Brown 5665 likes this.
    03-31-13 07:17 PM
    I'm also seeing a HUGE amount of data being used on this phone I gave up my unlimited for this on Verizon, shouldn't have been a problem as I was only averaging about 1 gig/month with my Android phones.. My Z10 always has wifi on, use wifi at work and at home, and anywhere else with open wifi. I received a text today that I have used 50% of my allotted data this afternoon. Checked my VZW account, sure enough it says I've used 1.3 gigs since I got the phone on the 28th. This is crazy. I literally have not downloaded any extra apps on it yet. Facebook, Twitter, Texts, Email, and phone is all I really need. I have about an hour commute to and from work, during that time I'm driving, and not on my phone, and that is literally the only time I have not been on wifi during these last couple of days. I'm going straight to VZW tomorrow to see what gives (and possibly return the Z10) as I'm on pace to be charged out the A$$ for overage charges.
    03-31-13 07:27 PM
    Is OP also on verizon?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:30 PM
    No sir... i am with Rogers in Canada

Is OP also on verizon?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:31 PM
    Woah, woah woah. You guys should make a list of your apps and see if we can't narrow it down. I just checked my girlfriends and she has average usage. She's coming from an iphone. has to be a rogue app.
    03-31-13 07:35 PM
    When your phone was at 80% that information could have been up to 4 hours old (Rogers system works this way) so whatever used your data could have already been at 100% by the time you saw that.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    03-31-13 07:35 PM
    BTW there is a 4 hour delay in the data reporting for the rogers app...
    saint613 likes this.
    03-31-13 07:36 PM
    Woah, woah woah. You guys should make a list of your apps and see if we can't narrow it down. I just checked my girlfriends and she has average usage. She's coming from an iphone. has to be a rogue app.
    I have no 3rd party apps. Everything that came on the phone. Only my gmail account for email, that's it...
    03-31-13 07:40 PM
68 123