do you keep some active frame on?
    03-31-13 07:43 PM
    Just do a security wipe. There is something that wasn't loaded properly on your operating system. After I did mine my data usage is normal.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:45 PM
    I have no 3rd party apps. Everything that came on the phone. Only my gmail account for email, that's it...
    Your killing me here. I want the Z10 badly. I guess since my upgrade isn't until may I can keep an eye on this. I have no problem getting the Lumia 928 but really want to give this new Blackberry a go. I'm recollecting fond Bold memories as I type this. Shame.
    03-31-13 07:45 PM
    Check your email on another device and check the sent items. I had a problem where my z10 was uploading a message with a 10 Mb attachment over and over again. A wipe seemed to clear it up and communication with my carrier gave me a credit for the data used.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:46 PM
    Honestly, active frames and app auto refreshes shouldn't eat up much data at all. I found that unless your streaming video or music for hours on end your data usage should be fairly average. By average I figure 1-2 gb per month.
    03-31-13 07:48 PM
    Really need Onavo on the Z10
    Before you ask for it a fourth time , HERE is the link to the bar file for side loading. It appears to be in working order.
    03-31-13 07:49 PM
    It is not the Z1010. It is how you use and set up your Z10. There are other threads discussing this and it my be worth your while checking those threads out.

It's not fair bashing the Z10 for data usage. I'm into my first month and I haven't even exceeded 1 GB.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:10 PM
    No idea cause I was sleeping from about 8am to 5:30pm. This all happened while I was asleep.

I know my phone was dead though when I woke up. So its a combination of both data and battery usage that has been going nuts the last day.

I really think its Blackberry Travel.

Onavo needs to get their apps on the Z10 asap.
    For BlackBerry Travel do you have trip scanner enabled or disabled? You should set it to disabled.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-31-13 09:06 PM
    I think you have a lot of side-loaded apps considering some of those aren't in BlackBerry World. Could be one of those!
    03-31-13 09:12 PM
    I read that recipe box drains the battery baaaaaad. Delete it and see if that makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:15 PM
    Your killing me here. I want the Z10 badly. I guess since my upgrade isn't until may I can keep an eye on this. I have no problem getting the Lumia 928 but really want to give this new Blackberry a go. I'm recollecting fond Bold memories as I type this. Shame.
    Don't worry about data useage. I have no idea how people use so much data. I guess I don't have my phone in my hand 24/7 I have about 18 apps loaded on my Z10 and I never use wifi as I have an unlimited data plan and I just looked,, I have used 273 mb in 15 days of my billing cycle. I have 3 email accounts setup, and I text a lot and make calls as this phone is also my work phone. I find battery is great in mine and being I live in sask. we have not go the update on it yet. I Charge my phone at night, usually take off charger by 11 pm and phone is on all night and used during the day and when I put on charger usually about 8 pm I still have about 50% battery left in mine. I will say I have NEVER used the included charger, I have always used the charger from my playbook. Its a faster charger and maybe that's why my battery life is great. Dont let all the threads scare you, The Z10 is awesome
    03-31-13 09:28 PM
    I was on the same situation, phone was turned off, and when I woke up it was already on, eating my data plan.

However, for me it was the OS update. I paused after seeing the size of it and went to sleep. BlackBerry decided to have none of it and turned the phone on and resumed the download by itself.

Never had any problem after that tho

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:46 PM
    I live in Sask too with a sasktel phone and completed the update with a bell sim card. Also unlocked my phone so I could use local networks. Actually using Tigo in Honduras now. Battery life was good now is terrible. No idea why.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:48 PM
    LOL obviously you didnt read what i wrote.

In the time that I was sleeping.... it went from 80% usage to 100% usage.

most important thing to take away from that was.. I was sleeping.

The phone is amazing. I never said anything about it not being so... I am just wondering where and how it was possible that this happened.

Don't worry about data useage. I have no idea how people use so much data. I guess I don't have my phone in my hand 24/7 I have about 18 apps loaded on my Z10 and I never use wifi as I have an unlimited data plan and I just looked,, I have used 273 mb in 15 days of my billing cycle. I have 3 email accounts setup, and I text a lot and make calls as this phone is also my work phone. I find battery is great in mine and being I live in sask. we have not go the update on it yet. I Charge my phone at night, usually take off charger by 11 pm and phone is on all night and used during the day and when I put on charger usually about 8 pm I still have about 50% battery left in mine. I will say I have NEVER used the included charger, I have always used the charger from my playbook. Its a faster charger and maybe that's why my battery life is great. Dont let all the threads scare you, The Z10 is awesome
    03-31-13 11:07 PM
    Not sure, but either way I deleted it and it seems to have fixed the issue.

For BlackBerry Travel do you have trip scanner enabled or disabled? You should set it to disabled.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-31-13 11:08 PM
    No sir... no active frames at all.

What I found weird was yesterday it was running hot and battery drain was ridiculous. I couldnt figure out what was going on.

So today after i fully charged it. I deleted Blackberry Travel just in case.... so far no issues. Still keeping an eye on it though.

03-31-13 11:14 PM
    Whoa Whoa Whoa...

First off, re read my entry. I was not bashing the phone. I have been using the phone since release in Canada and Ive had no issues. So dont assume Im bashing anything. You need to read and comprehend before lashing out at someone.

I have never gone over 6gigs of data in the first month with the Z10. I was surprised to have received this nice text saying I went over when I woke up this afternoon.

I dont know what happened and I am curious to find out as well. So I am also going to call my carrier and let them know that in the time I was sleeping how did my phone use up that much data. Not only that but it also was dead because the battery was drained.

So maybe it wasnt anything to do with the phone but maybe even a carrier issue.

And besides I've been pushing the Z10 to all the customers that come into my store. How the **** would I be bashing it if I feel this phone is better than whats out there currently!!

Sheesh... some people's children

It is not the Z1010. It is how you use and set up your Z10. There are other threads discussing this and it my be worth your while checking those threads out.

It's not fair bashing the Z10 for data usage. I'm into my first month and I haven't even exceeded 1 GB.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:18 PM
    I was on the same situation, phone was turned off, and when I woke up it was already on, eating my data plan.
    Is this technically possible? If the phone can power up by itself then there should be no reason the alarm settings don't work when the phone is powered down. I think when the phone is switched off, it stays off.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:18 PM
    Hmmm could be a possibility, but only thing I can say to this was...the phone was out of battery. had no power to even boot up when I woke up....

I will get to the bottom of this lol

Is this technically possible? If the phone can power up by itself then there should be no reason the alarm settings don't work when the phone is powered down. I think when the phone is switched off, it stays off.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:23 PM
    the text that I hit 80% data was 9:52am... I am pretty certain I was passed out like a light at this time.

the text that I hit 100% data was at 5:41pm... I just woke up 11mins prior and plugged the phone into the charger.

When your phone was at 80% that information could have been up to 4 hours old (Rogers system works this way) so whatever used your data could have already been at 100% by the time you saw that.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    03-31-13 11:33 PM
    everything seems to be back to normal.

battery life is back, data... i will check again since my billing cycle ended a few hours ago. I ll keep checking the data and see what happened.

so as from what I can tell right now...it seems as though it was Blackberry Travel... very strange.
    04-01-13 01:16 AM
    I doubt that the apps alone cause those sucky battery and increased data usage. I think it has to do with bb protect. Once signed on bb account, the phone backs up it self of photos, picture, audio, video, memo, calendar, bbm, contacts, etc to the cloud server without notifying the customer.

Here is one article mentioning it: RIM Uses The Cloud To Protect BlackBerry Devices | SaaS (Software as a Service) content from Talkin' Cloud

I wonder how is the privacy protected
    04-01-13 02:01 AM
    My usage from fido data... and wifi at home.
    (since march 1st - 30th)

BB10 data from 80% to 100% in 8 hours-img_00000238.png

Social apps
    Attachment 145983

Tools, games and others

Attachment 145984
    Attachment 145985
    Attachment 145986

04-01-13 02:19 AM
    You installed a lot of apps. Some of them are very data hungry if they are active in the background and keep getting pushed data. I am not familiar with some of them, but from their names I can guess they are data hungry.

This is a long process, but I would wipe the phone, and just put back your contacts list and the regular data that you require. Then add back the programs one at a time. Wait 24 hours between each addition that you put back. Check the data usage before adding the next one. When you hit the data eaters you will know about it. The data eaters are the ones that are monitoring or receiving information constantly.

As for myself, I am very conservative with my phone. I use it for my work and personal use. I am very careful about what I instal on it. I use my PC and Playbook for Facebook and other social media sites. I log off the Playbook and put it in standby when not in use.

As for my Z10, I use it for a lot of email, talking, keeping schedules, tracking tasks, and web browsing. I have never exceeded the rage of about 1.5GB for the last one month period. I receive email subscriptions for news reports, market reports, and about 50 general emails per day. I also send and receive photos in my emails. I sometimes respond to over 20 emails per day. I use over 1000 minutes per month for phone calls.
    04-01-13 02:30 AM
    My suggestion is; never install known or unknown apps that you don't often use.

I have blackberry travel app and it don't suck my data in stealth.

In my opinion the suspect of that case is...

Have you guys heard about instagram.
    (Just guessing)

Or

Maybe some issues about rogers.

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    04-01-13 02:34 AM
68 123