I can't believe I just paid $670 for it. The Z10 is the most expensive Super Phone I bought so I can't say it's worth it. I will likely sell it when Samsung releases the S4. I still have my Note 2 and remains IMO the best Super Phone released!

I would've kept it if it only cost me $140/Upgrade.

It doesn't help that I have three minor complaints already...

Lack of Apps. I'm not a w#@$! I really only use 5 and none of them are available.

Flipboard, Starbucks, TuneIn, Scotiabank and Cineplex.

The other two is no support for EX-FAT microSD and the Swipe-from-the-Top gesture no longer works like in Videos where I can change titles easily.
    02-07-13 10:39 PM
    You usually have a trial period when signing a contract. I'd do that and try it out. Loving mine a lot and I've had the S3 and iPhone. Those are great phones too as you can tell with their sales. I've had tons of phones and the only one that made me this excited every time I pick it up, was the original iPhone back in '07. This phone truly rocks and will only get better from here on.
    02-07-13 10:43 PM
    Were you expecting those apps to magically pop up? You should've done research. Criticize yourself for not checking out which apps were available before purchasing the phone. You can sideload every single one of those apps though, just fyi.

As for ex-fat support for micro SD, again, that is a case of you not doing enough research before picking up the phone.

Here's how this relates to the OP:
    - If you MUST have EX-FAT MicroSD support, Flipboard, Starbucks, TunedIn, Scotiabank, and Cineplex apps, this phone is not for you...
    02-07-13 10:44 PM
    I can't believe I just paid $670 for it. The Z10 is the most expensive Super Phone I bought so I can't say it's worth it. I will likely sell it when Samsung releases the S4. I still have my Note 2 and remains IMO the best Super Phone released!

I would've kept it if it only cost me $140/Upgrade.

It doesn't help that I have three minor complaints already...

Lack of Apps. I'm not a w#@$! I really only use 5 and none of them are available.

Flipboard, Starbucks, TuneIn, Scotiabank and Cineplex.

The other two is no support for EX-FAT microSD and the Swipe-from-the-Top gesture no longer works like in Videos where I can change titles easily.
    TuneIn just arrived today! Go download it and enjoy.
    bembol likes this.
    02-07-13 10:44 PM
    The camera isn't lackluster, except at night (then again, most smartphone cameras suck at night). CNET actually rated the Z10 camera as better than the S3 and about on par with the iPhone 5. Not exactly lacklustre considering the iP5 camera is one of the best on the market. Here you go:

BlackBerry Z10 camera versus iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

As for battery life, it isn't bad at all unless you run tons of apps at the same time and use the phone a lot. I've found that it lasts about 40-50% longer than my Nexus 4, and about twice as long (100% longer) when playing videos or multitasking a lot.

Like I said, the Z10 is the best smartphone I've ever owned, and I own the iPhone 5 and Nexus 4 as well...
    Ok, whew, I feel much better then. If its even pretty darn close to the iphone, I'll be happy coming from my bold. I have my wife's old 3g iphone that I use just for travel - movies, ibooks - gotta love it for that stuff, but I'm one of the 80 million die hard BB guys and even when some may laugh, I think the world is gonna be a bit surprised to see this company still going strong. I find it interesting that most iphone users don't even know there's a new BB phone. I think that new Marketing guy at BB better get going as there's a lot of work yet ahead to make consumers aware of this new improved product. Just saying.
    02-07-13 10:53 PM
    Were you expecting those apps to magically pop up? You should've done research. Criticize yourself for not checking out which apps were available before purchasing the phone. You can sideload every single one of those apps though, just fyi.

As for ex-fat support for micro SD, again, that is a case of you not doing enough research before picking up the phone.

- If you MUST have EX-FAT MicroSD support, Flipboard, Starbucks, TunedIn, Scotiabank, and Cineplex apps, this phone is not for you...
    You forgot the most important app ever for the iphone - the FART app. A must for all to have.
    anon(226560) likes this.
    02-07-13 10:55 PM
    For me it was worth it!. Upgrading from S3 & iPhone 5. Best choice i ever made. I love this phone & i only had one little issue but nothing really bad. Battery life is great on this as i said on a few other threads. I am just waiting for Scotiabank to release their app.Hopefully they release the app soon!.
    02-07-13 11:06 PM
    After a few days of use i say - Absolutely.
    The "Flow" multitasking function of BB10 is far superior to iPhone's' "Morse Code Machine" multitasking button.
    HAHAHA. perfect description
    02-07-13 11:07 PM
    You forgot the most important app ever for the iphone - the FART app. A must for all to have.
    That's gold Jerry! I haven't heard that, solid reply.
    02-07-13 11:57 PM

I love BB10, I read about the 70k that was announced just didn't know 69,900 would be garbage.

I have no problem returning or selling just answering the OP.
    02-08-13 12:01 AM
    TuneIn just arrived today! Go download it and enjoy.
    Thanks. Downloaded.
    02-08-13 12:08 AM
    That's gold Jerry! I haven't heard that, solid reply.
    Bitter tonight are we. What happened, did you steal from your kid's money stash or the wife this time? I'd be bitter too.
    02-08-13 12:15 AM
    God i'm sure it is i never had a True Blackberry EXPERIENCE i own an iPhone 4 and i really want a change. Saw the Z10 and immediately loved it.....i just know one rule though "Don't buy a phone on its release date because that's when it has a lot of bugs in it" wait for a month at least then buy one when they re stoke because that's when grantee that your phone is bug free. that's what i do and it always worked for me.
    02-08-13 05:28 AM
    The app selection is a little anemic right now, but that will improve over the coming months. The device itself is brilliant. The OS has a couple of rough edges which again is expected from a .0 release. Was a little concerned about battery life during the first couple of days, but after a couple of cycles draining and completely charging, it's rock solid now. Over all it's a pleasure.
    02-08-13 05:41 AM
    I will hold your horses for now.

BB10 has 70,000 apps that are not useful at all expect for probably 10 apps, a lot of features that Blackberry was famous for are not in the new OS and their proprietary apps, no sync with Outlook, quite a few bugs and a lot of people trying to defend the new phone saying that maybe fixes will come soon is like having a dejavu with what happened with PlayBook.

So. Don't buy it for now. If you want, wait to see if fixes come, but don't hold your breath.
    02-08-13 06:50 AM
    I decided to go with the Samsung Galaxy 3. Since I have family that works at Rogers,I get yearly upgrades. I did in fact spend time with the Z10 and was impressed by it,but the Samsung was much better. I'm happy BB came out with a beautiful device and BB10 looks great and so far works ok. The BB calendar wasn't strong and that was a shock since BB always put out great calendars that sync well with Windows. I hope BB 10 comes out for the Playbook soon. I would love to see the Playbook evolve into a serious Tablet that can give Apple,Asus,Google and Samsung a challenge.
    02-08-13 04:57 PM
    Hello. I am a former BB user of ten years and three years ago I jumped to an iPhone after I have up on my BB Torch. Now I'm due for an upgrade and thinking about leaving my iPhone 5 for either a BB Z10 or Galaxy 3. I'm just worried about buying a new mobile device on a company that's still on then ice.
    It's all depending on what you are expecting to get out of the Z10. If you are in the position to get one, you should try it out first and then make a decision based on your experience. Either you keep it or not, please come back and share your experience with us.
    02-08-13 05:22 PM
42 12