You must not watch a lot of TV, I have seen adds all over and you mus also not be watching March Madness either...every other break there is a commercial for the Z10....
    03-22-13 08:14 AM
    You're right, once i saw the response i did a nice . Shouldn't titled the thread better. Any suggestions on how to rename the thread? I didn't mean it as a negative troll like statement, but as a way to bring attention to the fact that there is LITTLE ad's. I was expecting people to start complaining about how much ads there are. If you're right, and the ads pick up, and there are tons of ads after the release, then i take back what i said, and it can succeed. I HOPE IT SUCCEEDS! I can't wait for my lunch break, and to get mine! If they're still available for sale. haha
    yup, advertising in Canada started on launch day on Feb 5th, not a day before... I was very active looking for ads.

Anyways to change the thread title, click on your first post, and click on edit I believe and then go advanced and you can dig through and find the title that can be edited
    David Strakovsky likes this.
    03-22-13 08:14 AM
    The Droid campaign in 09-10 when it launched Dwarfs everything else thats been on TV but those adds are expensive!
    03-22-13 08:16 AM
    I'm a little surprised that AT&T hasn't started some campaign for BB, or maybe they have and I just haven't seen it. I'm sure once it's out on all four big carriers in the US, BB will start advertising more. From what I've seen in previous BB advertising, they don't promote a specific carrier, and if they promote it now and vzw, sprint or tmo customers go looking, they will be sorely disappointed. I think it's better to wait until it's on at least vzw to begin a big media blitz.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-22-13 08:18 AM
    Before people go crazy and call me a troll, i'm far from a troll, i'm just trying to point out an obvious problem. In the past few weeks i've been traveling often for my company, and what did i notice? No advertising for the Z10. ANYWHERE. No matter what city i was in, i saw zero television ads, saw zero billboards, saw nothing. The only place i saw ads were online (youtube, google ads), and that's because i visit a lot of Blackberry websites (crackberry, blackberry.com, N4bb, etc).

My girlfriend and I wouldn't even know the Z10 was going to be on sale today, if it hadn't been for me visiting crackberry as often as i do. Why isn't Blackberry advertising? AT&T is definitely not advertising. When i go to ATT.com, the first phone i see is the HTC One X.

It is being set-up for failure in the US. What a shame, i really think this platform has what it takes to be incredible, it just needs to get in enough peoples hands to survive, but in the US that doesn't seem to be a strategy.
    I noted the same issue when I was visiting Florida last week. There was literally no indication that blackberry had a new phone less than a week from launch.
    03-22-13 08:25 AM
    Before people go crazy and call me a troll, i'm far from a troll, i'm just trying to point out an obvious problem. In the past few weeks i've been traveling often for my company, and what did i notice? No advertising for the Z10. ANYWHERE. No matter what city i was in, i saw zero television ads, saw zero billboards, saw nothing. The only place i saw ads were online (youtube, google ads), and that's because i visit a lot of Blackberry websites (crackberry, blackberry.com, N4bb, etc).
    My girlfriend and I wouldn't even know the Z10 was going to be on sale today, if it hadn't been for me visiting crackberry as often as i do. Why isn't Blackberry advertising? AT&T is definitely not advertising. When i go to ATT.com, the first phone i see is the HTC One X.

It is being set-up for failure in the US. What a shame, i really think this platform has what it takes to be incredible, it just needs to get in enough peoples hands to survive, but in the US that doesn't seem to be a strategy.
    Wow, this headline is misleading. I saw the BlackBerry Z10 commercial twice yesterday on SyFy (while watching warehouse 13). You shouldn't make accusation like this, you are leaving yourself open to be ripped a new one. You do not worry about BB, just let them do their jobs and you spead the word and experience with the masses...
    Have a good day, David!
    Last edited by Trini-34; 03-22-13 at 08:26 AM. Reason: it was not showing up
    03-22-13 08:25 AM
    Why isn't Blackberry advertising?
    It might vary by region. Here near Philadelphia, commercials are on constantly during prime time, at least on CNN and MSNBC. It's to the point where I recognize the commercial by it's music and don't even look up anymore.

And it seems like every tech site I browse to has a BlackBerry Z10 advertisement banner on it.
    03-22-13 08:26 AM
    Would you prefer some sort of samsung circus act? Samsung does massive marketing because they can afford to spend boatloads on it. BB is doin what they need to do I think. It's not like they've got Verizon dumping hundred million plus dollars into an ad campaign like the original DROID junk. I think word of mouth and keeping BB devices in the hands of 'celebrities' is up the right alley. Remember, they're not launching an S4 or whatever. This is the first phone of at least two, maybe three that will be released this year. They have to spread it around and let it all soak in.

As we say on the webOS board, I hope they don't Apotheker it.
    03-22-13 08:30 AM
    BlackBerry did a tour of the UK after launch at key shopping malls over here. Perhaps they will do the same in the US after launch too. Advertising it like crazy in the UK.

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Zed (or is that Zee?)10
    03-22-13 08:30 AM
    I'm with you David. Plain and simple if I wasn't on Crackberry I wouldn't of known the Z10 was being released or what it was and what it did. I watch TV, I pay attention to store ads. So far the only commercial I have seen was Blackberries super bowl commercial and trust me I'm looking. I live in NY and watch hockey almost every night, watch walking dead and some comedies and always pay attention to the commercials. Have not seen 1. Now that is not my fault it is Blackberry's. There should be more advertising then there has been, plain and simple. There is not one other person that I know of that is aware of the Z10. That's not right.
    03-22-13 08:31 AM
    It might vary by region. Here near Philadelphia, commercials are on constantly during prime time, at least on CNN and MSNBC. It's to the point where I recognize the commercial by it's music and don't even look up anymore.

And it seems like every tech site I browse to has a BlackBerry Z10 advertisement banner on it.
    I'm also in Philadelphia, and i can't really remember the last time i saw a BB10 or Z10 commercial. You're seeing advertisement banners because your browsing history indicates that you likely have Blackberry interest. For example, i ordered contacts today online, and every site i go to has an add for contacts.

I still think we haven't seen enough ads. CNN and MSNBC is a small demographic, i can't say that i watch those often enough to recognize the commercials, but i'm confident they don't show them on enough channels.
    03-22-13 08:32 AM
    Would you prefer some sort of samsung circus act? Samsung does massive marketing because they can afford to spend boatloads on it. BB is doin what they need to do I think. It's not like they've got Verizon dumping hundred million plus dollars into an ad campaign like the original DROID junk. I think word of mouth and keeping BB devices in the hands of 'celebrities' is up the right alley. Remember, they're not launching an S4 or whatever. This is the first phone of at least two, maybe three that will be released this year. They have to spread it around and let it all soak in.

As we say on the webOS board, I hope they don't Apotheker it.
    Do i want to see a Samsung circus.... YES! Absolutely!!!!!!! Have you seen Samsung sales? Of course i'm overdoing it with my exclamations, but you get the idea. I want to see Z10 succeed, but I don't see hype around it. No one around my work is talking about a Z10, when iPhone 5 came out, this place was nonstop iPhone conversation. People didn't even know AT&T released it today.
    03-22-13 08:35 AM
    I am also really upset with the advertising effort for the Z10. People might try to say that word of mouth will bring BlackBerry to dominance but there is a reason companies like Apple and Coca-Cola spend so much on marketing each year. Because somehow, some way, it works.

BB needs to step up its game.
    03-22-13 08:39 AM
    Saw an ad on Wednesday on FX while watching 'The Americans'. The ads are definitely there.
    03-22-13 08:40 AM
    Thank you OP for your candor. I don't appreciate how you titled your thread but I'm guessing you did it so people would bite. Either way, you do make a valid point... At make or break time, word of mouth is not enough. I can appreciate the idea of not advertising for something that is not available, but I think the super bowl commercial took care of that. In my opinion BB should have started aggressively advertising in the US starting a week or so ago
    David Strakovsky likes this.
    03-22-13 08:41 AM
    Come on the ads are all over TV.

I think the carriers will probably end up promoting the Q10 much more then the z10 since their is not direct competition there.
    03-22-13 08:43 AM
    BlackBerry did a tour of the UK after launch at key shopping malls over here. Perhaps they will do the same in the US after launch too. Advertising it like crazy in the UK.

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Zed (or is that Zee?)10
    Im hoping they do, it was nothing short of brilliant for BB to do that in the UK...i spent quite a bit of time at the BB tour when they were at my local shopping mall ie Westfield Stratford.

But its been almost 2 mths since the Z10 was launched here in the UK and im seeing alot of billboards, tv advertising etc for the Z10. Im seeing the keep moving tv advert on tv here in the UK every 20 mins or so.

Just need to get hold of that notifier tone at the end of the keep moving ad, as of yet havent found it
    03-22-13 08:43 AM
    We have on CNBC all day at work and I see Z10 commercials quite frequently.
    03-22-13 08:44 AM
    I honestly couldn't disagree with you more. I think letting the public know the device will be available, can stir up good and positive anticipation. It would allow Blackberry to have good release sales, making the public feel more comfortable with it. Remember, people are viewing Blackberry as a dieing ship, that they don't want to be a part of. If people are in lines buying it, this restores confidence in the product, and the hype and interest.

I agree my title is misleading and if i find a way to change it, i will edit it, but i stand by the fact that Blackberry should've advertised AT&T's release MUCH more.

Q10 can still succeed if we see advertisement, and word of mouth might be good, but an ad during the SuperBowl a month ago isn't going to put people in lines.
    I have seen BlackBerry Z10 commercials every evening this past week. There were commercials during NCAA Tournament. At my local ATT there is signage and the staff actually has had hands on experience with the Z10 because the BB rep came through last week to train them.

Obviously, OP, your personal experience doesn't hold true for many of us.
    03-22-13 08:45 AM
    Blackberry has always targeted business minded people and with that, on msnbc and fox and cnn they have been playing commercials all throughout the day, not to mention March madness, not to mention that little lady alicia keys who has blackberry plastered all over her tour.... Not to mention thorstein heins on cnn and doing his interviews.. not to mention a big concert that happened in the most populated media capital of the world... they are marketing the smart way.... long term
    03-22-13 08:58 AM
    I don't watch much tv. The most I watch is The Today Show before I head off to work/get the daughter ready for school and saw nothing...yet. I did go to an AT&T store yesterday to see if they had a demo unit available and nothing on the floor yet. The rep was able to get me the unit another employee had to test out. I also have to mention that as I was testing it out, all reps had good things to say about it. One said he may convert due to the typing/hub and another said it may be too "technical and confusing to use" for some, so the overall positive response was a surprise with all the negativity on BB. I must say, just with the 10 or so minutes I had with it, the keyboard is THE BEST I have used/tried. I currently own a Torch 9800 and could never get use to the on screen keyboard and always used the physical. With the Z10, with every word I started typing, 90% of the next was suggested and if it wasn't, I would type 2-3 letters and the next word was there! I was floored on how it did what it did, I did not think I could get away from using a physical keyboard. I have used my wife's competing phone and while it was comfortable to use/type, it doesn't compare to the Z10. Today I will be taking the wife to the AT&T store and see if I can bring her back to BB as shes HUGE on texting/facebook/photos/recreational games. She's not big with the "major" apps many seem to believe BB needs to succeed. I will be handing this phone to many family /friends to check out. The typing, hub/peek and the best multi-tasking at the moment is a sell of for me and maybe others once I say, "Here, give a try". Word of mouth on the experience will help, commercials will definitely get the word out, by how much only time will tell.
    03-22-13 08:58 AM
    I have seen BlackBerry Z10 commercials every evening this past week. There were commercials during NCAA Tournament. At my local ATT there is signage and the staff actually has had hands on experience with the Z10 because the BB rep came through last week to train them.

Again, i'll disagree. Look around in the comments, there quite a few people that agree with me. With similar concerns. I agree my format of the title, and possibly my OP is poorly worded, but people generally are agreeing that what they see isn't enough. Excluding the NCAA tourney, which i understand gets a lot of attention, but it's not enough for the general public.
    03-22-13 08:59 AM
    I agree. Word of mouth is not good enough here. TV commercials aren't either. They need to do more... something. Their marketing is just not so great. People here are still wrapped up into Apple. Seeing 1 ad on TV won't make them interested.

I have seen no commercials, although, I don't watch much TV except The Walking Dead.
    Spawn12 and 21stNow like this.
    03-22-13 08:59 AM

Where are you located?? I've been to 2 best buys and 2 att stores in the minneapolis area this week and neither had signage. I'm not watching the tourney but I do watch a lot of cnbc and I'm not seeing it
    03-22-13 09:00 AM
    lots of armchair researchers here..

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 09:04 AM
120 1234 ...